• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 20-21 - Rd 2

Unlucky for Exe. I reckon the only way this tournament will be in any way memorable is if we get a Ster v Toulouse final, both teams going for 5 would be incredible regardless of the way they got there.
To be fair whoever wins it this year it will be a slight bit tainted as it isn't done right.
Biggest issue for Leinster is they will have no real game this year before QFs.
As interpros will be more diluted than ever due to Irish schedule and European games, and fact in Europe they playing teams worst than Pro14.

Rumours Harry Byrne will start vs the kids of Northampton. His 1st European Cup start. As a game it is no big deal as Northampton sending over a team to be slaughtered but from an Irish POV it is hopefully the start of the changing of guard at 10

Rumours Harry Byrne will start vs the kids of Northampton. His 1st European Cup start. As a game it is no big deal as Northampton sending over a team to be slaughtered but from an Irish POV it is hopefully the start of the changing of guard at 10
That would be fantastic. I'd be excited to see him with a first team around him.

28-0 defeats incoming for Glasgow and Exeter if this is true

Tbh this feels more like a consequence of national issues than specific to rugby. I imagine teams are trying very hard to keep things secure, but unless you create a bio-bubble then there was always the chance it could still hit. If you've got cases going up across the country it was logical that some teams would be hit eventually.

Issues also coming are financial implications of all these. Prize money already down big.

Tbh this feels more like a consequence of national issues than specific to rugby.
Nah, the team was obviously not following the rules - there's absolutely no correlation between living in a hot spot of COVID and players catching it.

Just ask Pat Lam
1608282314340.png

Looking more and more likely Leinster + 7 french teams in last 8.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Jimmy O'Brien (25)
14. Hugo Keenan (21)
13. Garry Ringrose (78)
12. Robbie Henshaw (50)
11. Dave Kearney (155)
10. Harry Byrne (17)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (96)
1. Cian Healy (223)
2. Rónan Kelleher (17)
3. Andrew Porter (68)
4. Ryan Baird (15)
5. James Ryan (42)
6. Rhys Ruddock (181) CAPTAIN
7. Josh van der Flier (86)
8. Caelan Doris (35)

16. James Tracy (117)
17. Peter Dooley (82)
18. Michael Bent (148)
19. Ross Molony (102)
20. Josh Murphy (38)
21. Luke McGrath (135)
22. Ross Byrne (92)
23. Dan Leavy (69)

Sexy

Edit:
15 Tom Collins
14 Ryan Olowofela
13 Fraser Dingwall
12 Rory Hutchinson
11 Taqele Naiyaravoro
10 George Furbank
9 Tom James

1 Alex Waller (c)
2 Sam Matavesi
3 Paul Hill
4 Alex Moon
5 Api Ratuniyarawa
6 Nick Isiekwe
7 Tom Wood
8 Shaun Adendorff

Replacements:
16 Mikey Haywood
17 Francois van Wyk
18 Owen Franks
19 Alex Coles
20 Teimana Harrison
21 Henry Taylor
22 Piers Francis
23 Matt Proctor

Less sexy

Last edited:
Munster: Mike Haley; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; Josh Wycherley, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Gavin Coombes, Peter O'Mahony (c), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Liam O'Connor, John Ryan, Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Jack O'Donoghue.

First start for West Cork mafia man Wycherley. Delighted to see himself and Daly start. Daly will hopefully be well able to defend against the big Clermont back three. Big enough fella himself. Conway out for personal reasons and Cronin crocked. I think our pack will give us a decent chance, although scrums will be interesting. That said losing bonus point is a probable outcome for us. Shame Quins took Healy out, we will miss him. Obviously disappointed we've delayed the inevitable again and not starting Casey.

We haven't dropped a game yet and no team is ever fully fit, but we really could have been menacing with Snyman, Carbery and Kilcoyne fit I feel.

Last edited:
Munster: Mike Haley; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; Josh Wycherley, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Gavin Coombes, Peter O'Mahony (c), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Liam O'Connor, John Ryan, Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Jack O'Donoghue.

First start for West Cork mafia man Wycherley. Delighted to see himself and Daly start. Daly will hopefully be well able to defend against the big Clermont back three. Big enough fella himself. Conway out for personal reasons and Cronin crocked. I think our pack will give us a decent chance, although scrums will be interesting. That said losing bonus point is a probable outcome for us. Shame Quins took Healy out, we will miss him. Obviously disappointed we've delayed the inevitable again and not starting Casey.

We haven't dropped a game yet and no team is ever fully fit, but we really could have been menacing with Snyman, Carbery and Kilcoyne fit I feel.
Josh probably improves our scrum.

Latest posts