• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Questions

T

toup

I realise a lot of you who have been to the training camps are more concerned with S12 etc, but was wondering if anyone could comment a bit about the european teams? ie. do they have correct kits/players etc. Think I read that it's not licenced but not sure what that means in terms of what we get and what we don't! Thanks in advance

Could someone check out the Euro teams at the next training camp for us northern hem boys? what teams, kits stadiums etc?? PLEASE Think its the only mystery left in the game!

Originally posted by mickyb@Feb 11 2005, 11:04 AM
Could someone check out the Euro teams at the next training camp for us northern hem boys? what teams, kits stadiums etc?? PLEASE Think its the only mystery left in the game!
Yeah, good call.

I don't think anyone lives in Perth here, so it's Melbourne on the 28th and Brisbane on March 2nd.

The new/different teams in the Heiny Cup:

2004/05
Bath
Harlequins
Newcastle
Glasgow
Castres

2003/04
Leeds
Sale
Celtic
Borders
Agen

i can't imagine any of the SH boys even touching any of the NH teams at the training camp. Mind you if we were in the same situation we wouldn't play as any SH teams either.

If you're prepared to wait I'll have a quick look at some of the NH teams. First four or five listed only. One team per person.

Very decent of you Wally! I think there's a few (myself included) who would like to know about bath, but I reckon by looking at just a couple of teams we'll know what kind of accuracy we can expect from the others! I was just wondering if Locks or someone had looked already, those people who have had more prolongued experience with the game?

... even if you just manage to check any of the 3 Irish teams involved (Leinster, Munster, Ulster) to see what way the kit/crest is shown - if one of these teams are authentic that means the other 2 will be aswell as they all come under the one deal with the IRFU license

... that is the case isn't cavan? they wouldn't get the IRFU license and not use it in full (i.e for the provinces too) would they?

Northampton please. Think there are a few other Saints fans on the board who would quite like to know this as well.

bath please. basically what needs checking is one of the teams listed earlier, cos that will show which year it is. and if they have official stuff or not, that will show if the comp is licensed. simple.

Okay, slightly off topic, but since we're all tugging on Wally's coattails . . .

Wally, I know they have the USA Eagles licence, but can you actually check to see if the USA Eagles are in the game?

Just kidding.

But could you check to see what other International Teams are in there other than the qualifying teams for the World (Cup) Championship.

Spain will be in there because of 1999.
Georgia will be there because of 2003.
Namibia will be there because of 1999 & 2003.

But because they have the audacity to have the 2007 Cup there are spots up in the air such as Chile, Morocco, Portugal, and, apparently, Korea (they're 21st in the IRB rankings. Tonga is 19th)

Cheers.

as far as i know the IRFU licence should guarantee the provinicial licences too. I'm hoping wally can confirm this for me.

The 24 European club teams in the game should be :
(France)
Stade Toulousain
Stade Français
Bourgoin
Castres Olympique
U.S.A.Perpignan
Biarritz Olympique
(England)
Leicester
London WASPS
Bath
Northampton
Newcastle
Gloucester
Harlequins
(Ireland)
Leinster
Munster
Ulster
(Wales)
Cardiff
Neath / Swansea
Newport
Llanelli
(Scotland)
Glasgow
Edimbourg
(Italy)
Trevise
Calvisano

Can anyone confirm this list please ???

Originally posted by Handsomebob@Feb 14 2005, 02:36 PM
The 24 European club teams in the game should be :
(France)
Stade Toulousain
Stade Français
Bourgoin
Castres Olympique
U.S.A.Perpignan
Biarritz Olympique
(England)
Leicester
London WASPS
Bath
Northampton
Newcastle
Gloucester
Harlequins
(Ireland)
Leinster
Munster
Ulster
(Wales)
Cardiff
Neath / Swansea
Newport
Llanelli
(Scotland)
Glasgow
Edimbourg
(Italy)
Trevise
Calvisano

Can anyone confirm this list please ???
Apart from some of the spellings that list should be correct.

Latest posts