• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Extended play on PC Rugby Challenge 2006

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 5 2006, 06:33 AM
Yes. I make breaks all over the field.

Ask GJohn, he's seen Rugby 06 in action.
Yes I have seen Rugby 06 in action. Although the person I saw playing the game was crap at making breaks.
<
<

Originally posted by gjohn85+Feb 5 2006, 07:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Feb 5 2006, 07:58 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Feb 5 2006, 06:33 AM

Yes I have seen Rugby 06 in action. Although the person I saw playing the game was crap at making breaks.
<
<
[/b]
ROFLMAO

Was that because, ahem, the AI was very good? Surely the games player wasn't that bad?
<

He did imporve in the 2nd match, but played a weaker side & if I am not mistaken that player played the 2nd game on Easy setting just to show me he can win a match!
<
<

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 5 2006, 06:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 5 2006, 06:33 AM)</div>
Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 5 2006, 05:51 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Feb 4 2006, 07:55 PM
For another point of view, I actually prefer RC06 single player over EA06 for one simple reason, I think again there is a formula to EA06. You just seem to end up doing the same things over and over again to make the ground ie running diagonally. It just feels like the same game over and over again.

with RC06 Im making breaks up the middle, on the wings, from offloads and it all feels different. I would compare it to RL1 which was a totally different game for me every play. Anything could happen from me getting tonked to me tonking someone else.

EA06 isnt a bad game but if I was locked in a room for 10 years I would choose RC06.... or maybe if I had the choice some durty women

<

Locks can you make breaks up the middle in ea 06 against the ai?

Ask GJohn, he's seen Rugby 06 in action. [/b]
Thanks Lock, I was just confused because in your in depth review of rugby 2006 you said one of the great things was the number of ways you can make ground. i think that was missing in rugby 2005! However Knowsley seemed to think the opposite, i.e attacking was a bit samey... pass out and run diagnollay etc and a lack of variety in scoring.

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 6 2006, 10:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Feb 6 2006, 10:01 PM)</div>
For another point of view, I actually prefer RC06 single player over EA06 for one simple reason, I think again there is a formula to EA06. You just seem to end up doing the same things over and over again to make the ground ie running diagonally. It just feels like the same game over and over again.

with RC06 Im making breaks up the middle, on the wings, from offloads and it all feels different. I would compare it to RL1 which was a totally different game for me every play. Anything could happen from me getting tonked to me tonking someone else.

EA06 isnt a bad game but if I was locked in a room for 10 years I would choose RC06.... or maybe if I had the choice some durty women

<

Thanks Lock, I was just confused because in your in depth review of rugby 2006 you said one of the great things was the number of ways you can make ground. i think that was missing in rugby 2005! However Knowsley seemed to think the opposite, i.e attacking was a bit samey... pass out and run diagnollay etc and a lack of variety in scoring. [/b]
That could be the case, but I wouldn't know because I try not to play games that way. I just vary my moves and it's really, really satisfying.

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 6 2006, 10:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Feb 6 2006, 10:01 PM)</div>

<

Thanks Lock, I was just confused because in your in depth review of rugby 2006 you said one of the great things was the number of ways you can make ground. i think that was missing in rugby 2005! However Knowsley seemed to think the opposite, i.e attacking was a bit samey... pass out and run diagnollay etc and a lack of variety in scoring. [/b]
I find most of my breaks are out wide as the play is too bunched in the middle.

Originally posted by toup+Feb 4 2006, 12:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Feb 4 2006, 12:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-spearman
@Feb 4 2006, 10:49 AM
When I mentioned RC2006 didn't let you mark the ball or tap it down in the in-goal area or have set plays they practically forbid me to buy it.
You can tap it down in the in-goal area... not that that is a major concern I'm sure. This game is absolutely fantastic multi-player and well worth the low price in my book (get your housemates to chip in and it's even cheaper
<
) I haven't played Rugby 06, but Still thoroughly enjoying Rugby Challenge after a week, especially the few mulitplayer games I've had. [/b]
Not only can you touch the ball down in your own in goal area (L2 on ps2), you also CAN call and take a mark in your own 22m (R3 - can't remember if it's just press or hold, but I managed one last night having actually read the manual ... I know, the shame!).

Dropping the flyhalf back into the pocket could count as a play as a set play as well - that's their 3 arguments countered - so go get it!

As it happens, I'm still a little undecided - the rucks are a bit too slow for my liking ... but I'll not bin it just yet!

I think Locks you've knocked it on the head - its the way you play the game. You can just throw it out wide and play the same way as you could do in rugby challenge. but even though this may be the easiest way to play rugby 2005 or 2006, all I want is the option or ability to make ground in different ways, i.e using forwards around the ruck, making breaks through the middle using hand off and off loads, or running out wide. In rugby 2005 the slow animations and the fact special moves didn't work meant you couldn't really do this. I'm hoping with rugby 2006's good responsiveness and the ability to offload etc that this onlocks more ways to make ground. Thats all!

Cheers

Latest posts