• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Extended play on PC Rugby Challenge 2006

L

locksley

Ok, for all those choosing to buy either Rugby 06 OR Rugby Challenge 2006, don't..... Get BOTH!!!!

Those who dismiss this game without playing it are fooling themselves.

After playing Rugby 06 extensively, I have to be honest. When my copy of Rugby Challenge came through, I installed and played one game before turning it off. Yes, it's fun, but it couldn't compare to Rugby 06..... or could it?

To find out, I've been putting some serious game time in with RC2006, both on my own and with mates, and the answer to that is a resounding YES... IT CAN!!! The gameplay on RC2006 is so fast, fluid and slick and is a total contrast to Rugby 06. I still prefer EA's offering for Single player - It's much more in depth and comprehensive - but Rugby Challenge cannot be beaten for out and out fun.

I tried Rugby 06 with a couple of Friends and they're not really into rugby games, so they didn't play more than half a game. They said it was "Too complicated to pick up." While this may be true to those fellas, people like you guys will lap up Rugby 06 and really get your teeth into it. However, it was a different story when RC2006 was booted up.

The hi-res graphics of the PC version are superb. It's gorgeous. It's animations are so fluid and slick, and everything controls so well. The thing is, it's VERY easy to pick up and play, but in multiplayer it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to put down!

In the old days, about ten of us would sit around a TV playing Jonah Lomu Rugby til dawn. You know what? That happened again last night!!! This time RC2006 was the game in question, and every single one of us LOVED it!!!

Although rugby 06 does have more overall, I really cannot see us having so much fun playing that game in multiplayer, cos some of the lads found it hard to pick up and gave up on it.

I know it's a long winded post, but I suppose the message is this. Don't dismiss RC2006 as an also ran, because it's one of the very best - and most importantly - FUN rugby games I've ever played.

Some nice views there Locks.

I am definently getting both games anyway, but Rugby 2006 looks more for me as I am more simulation than Arcade. But the fun factor of RC06 isn't something to ignore.

I'm going to have a fun Feb 2006!!
<
<
<
<

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 4 2006, 10:55 AM
Some nice views there Locks.

I am definently getting both games anyway, but Rugby 2006 looks more for me as I am more simulation than Arcade. But the fun factor of RC06 isn't something to ignore.

I'm going to have a fun Feb 2006!!
<
<
<
<
I think it's best summed up like this.

If I was told I was going to be locked in a room for 10 years, on my own with a games console and only ONE rugby game. What would I choose? Easy... EA RUGBY 06.

However,

If I was told I was going to be locked in a room for 10 years, with 3 mates, a games console and only ONE rugby game. What would I choose? Easy again... RUGBY CHALLENGE 2006

If I could only choose one sports game though, it'd be Pro Evo 5 on both occasions.
<

For another point of view, I actually prefer RC06 single player over EA06 for one simple reason, I think again there is a formula to EA06. You just seem to end up doing the same things over and over again to make the ground ie running diagonally. It just feels like the same game over and over again.

with RC06 Im making breaks up the middle, on the wings, from offloads and it all feels different. I would compare it to RL1 which was a totally different game for me every play. Anything could happen from me getting tonked to me tonking someone else.

EA06 isnt a bad game but if I was locked in a room for 10 years I would choose RC06.... or maybe if I had the choice some durty women

<

well if I had $200 I would buy both locksley but sadly I don't so I have to choose. I just want to choose the right one for me. I proabbly won't be playing mulitplayer much but gameplay is still important. ea have been failing so far so i don't wnat to get my hopes up just yet.

Some of us may have friends that are right into their or sports games so maybe they would prefer ea06 as rc2006 could be a tad basic maybe for their liking. if you have both though you are sweet.

although I haven't played either game so I obviously no nothing at all.

Maybe you could wait until EA06 comes out and then rent them both esoj. Then you could buy whichever you thought was the most fun?! Totally understand if you cannot afford to buy both dude - games are not cheap.

sadly dude I cannot rent only have a pc. aye down under it's daylight robbery. I am so lucky I won blic otherwise I may not have that either. that would have been tragic not having either swordfish game.

I am going to try and buy both....both games seem to excel in their chosen style. (the money I saved on not buying RL2 will help
<

lol. that is true although I am one of the few that actually like playing it

Hey I would have been the first in line to buy it on the day it was released ( I never pre-order...well only once and that was for RL1 ) but i didnt have the money or anything to play it on at the time!!!!

Would be interested in peoples opinions as to which game I should get.
I'll play mostly single player, but a bit of multiplayer with my housemates. They are all die-hard rugby fans BTW. When I mentioned RC2006 didn't let you mark the ball or tap it down in the in-goal area or have set plays they practically forbid me to buy it. My question is is Rugby06 a good enough multiplayer game?

We played 05 multiplayer, but defending was very hard and the defensive set plays never seemed to work, with the outside centre and wing always hanging by the try line and leaving a massive gap. Is this fixed in 06, do defensive set plays work, and is 06 good on multi for realism sticklers?

Luckily for me I'm an impulse shopper... I managed to get a ride up to Hastings today and bought Rugby Challenge for Xbox for 80 bucks... On the ride home I was wondering whether or not that was a good idea and was regretting a little bit... Not anymore. After playing for a few hours, I am having such a great time with it... It is very very fun...

I mentioned this tackle in a thread about a trailer or gameplay video, but being up-ended like a rag-doll in game is just brilliant... I was almost in stitches. So rad...

Originally posted by spearman@Feb 4 2006, 10:49 AM
When I mentioned RC2006 didn't let you mark the ball or tap it down in the in-goal area or have set plays they practically forbid me to buy it.
You can tap it down in the in-goal area... not that that is a major concern I'm sure. This game is absolutely fantastic multi-player and well worth the low price in my book (get your housemates to chip in and it's even cheaper
<
) I haven't played Rugby 06, but Still thoroughly enjoying Rugby Challenge after a week, especially the few mulitplayer games I've had.

surely if you had ten years locked in a room locks, with your mates....you'd teach them how to play ea06...cos it has more depth, therefore may mean you last a few more weeks before the cannibalism for amusement sets in?
also, ive got a good feeling about ea now cos ive been playing fifa 2006 and am absolutely loving it, presentation and commentary is unbelievable and it feels more like pro evo now....i might even go as far as to say i prefer it at the moment (blasphemy i know).

Originally posted by paddyknight@Feb 5 2006, 01:49 AM
ive got a good feeling about ea now cos ive been playing fifa 2006 and am absolutely loving it, presentation and commentary is unbelievable and it feels more like pro evo now....i might even go as far as to say i prefer it at the moment (blasphemy i know).
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No way on Gods Earth can Fifa EVER compete with Pro Evo. IMO, Fifa 2006 isn't anywhere near as good as pro evo 1 on the PS1

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 4 2006, 07:55 PM
For another point of view, I actually prefer RC06 single player over EA06 for one simple reason, I think again there is a formula to EA06. You just seem to end up doing the same things over and over again to make the ground ie running diagonally. It just feels like the same game over and over again.

with RC06 Im making breaks up the middle, on the wings, from offloads and it all feels different. I would compare it to RL1 which was a totally different game for me every play. Anything could happen from me getting tonked to me tonking someone else.

EA06 isnt a bad game but if I was locked in a room for 10 years I would choose RC06.... or maybe if I had the choice some durty women

<
Locks can you make breaks up the middle in ea 06 against the ai?

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 5 2006, 05:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Feb 5 2006, 05:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Feb 4 2006, 07:55 PM

<
Locks can you make breaks up the middle in ea 06 against the ai? [/b]
Yes. I make breaks all over the field.

Ask GJohn, he's seen Rugby 06 in action.

Locks - Are the breaks up the middle because of the diagonal running problem?

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 5 2006, 01:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 5 2006, 01:56 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-paddyknight
@Feb 5 2006, 01:49 AM
ive got a good feeling about ea now cos ive been playing fifa 2006 and am absolutely loving it, presentation and commentary is unbelievable and it feels more like pro evo now....i might even go as far as to say i prefer it at the moment (blasphemy i know).
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No way on Gods Earth can Fifa EVER compete with Pro Evo. IMO, Fifa 2006 isn't anywhere near as good as pro evo 1 on the PS1 [/b]
i'm an atheist, but on my earth...... !
<

only jokin', no, i seriously am enjoying fifa at the mo, mainly because playing as newcastle on it is brilliant in terms of realism (why cos they are crap yada yada yada) whereas on pro im just not enjoying it so much anymore.
at the moment, even with my patched version of pro, looks of fifa are winning me over...yes i'm shallow

Latest posts