• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

f*** the spammers off.

M

melon

It has happened a few times now, but it has gone too far.

The worst instance of what I am talking about is the most recent. A new member by the name of 'ronnarin' has made several posts of between 2 and 5 words, albeit pointless ones, in an obvious attempt to breach the 5 post threshold of the gaming section.

I'm sure the owners of this god given board Charlie and Dan, and admins have realised what is going on however we as members can do something aswell. -rep/ neg rep these members.

Thank you for reading this, I just wanted to let off some steam and make it felt my opinion about the posting habits of certain new members.

It has happened a few times now, but it has gone too far.

The worst instance of what I am talking about is the most recent. A new member by the name of 'ronnarin' has made several posts of between 2 and 5 words, albeit pointless ones, in an obvious attempt to breach the 5 post threshold of the gaming section.

I'm sure the owners of this god given board Charlie and Dan, and admins have realised what is going on however we as members can do something aswell. -rep/ neg rep these members.

Thank you for reading this, I just wanted to let off some steam and make it felt my opinion about the posting habits of certain new members.

[/b]

GOLD, absolute GOLD!! as you well know, this guy already ****** me off this morning, as when i got to work i decided to read a whole bunch of newly posted threads only to find totally pointless one-liners from ronarrin. I will in future neg rep these guys... :bravo:

Jokes on him if he hasn't broken the 30 Character Minimum for his posts.

Also just deleted some of his more useless posts.

Be sure that if they are posting these pointless messages, we are constantly trying to keep on top of it and delete them all - plus one too many of those and i up their warning.

Be sure that if they are posting these pointless messages, we are constantly trying to keep on top of it and delete them all - plus one too many of those and i up their warning. [/b]
*I clear my throat for my best Borat impression*: "VERY NIIICE"

What!? You have to post five messages before you can access the gaming section? Why is that? What is the point?

What!? You have to post five messages before you can access the gaming section? Why is that? What is the point? [/b]
There are a few reasons, one of which is getting people who are only coming to this board for gaming information to get involved with the wider community. Also in the past people have taken information from here and posted it as their own on other boards. For full reasons ask Charlie or Dan.

Something that is as annoying as spam are people who simply joins threads to post a load of vague rubbish which roughly sums up what has been said in the 3 posts before his.

"...Something that is as annoying as spam are people who simply joins threads to post a load of vague rubbish which roughly sums up what has been said in the 3 posts before his..." Hazey.

Maybe so - but at least I added something to this thread as oppossed to yourself who has added exactly ... nothing!

Go troll someone else.

Eh?? Mate, don't be so touchy, at what point was I talking about you?? Simply because we were having a discussion in a couple of threads and then I post here doesn't mean I was talking about you... At least you have something to say!

^

Misunderstanding.

For more information on the post count debate Big Ten, there's a thread on the Forum Feedback section. These people are being dealt with, more often than not by themselves as they don't hit the 30 character limit.

I just don't know why people can't make sensible posts and join in.

^

Misunderstanding.

For more information on the post count debate Big Ten, there's a thread on the Forum Feedback section. These people are being dealt with, more often than not by themselves as they don't hit the 30 character limit.

I just don't know why people can't make sensible posts and join in. [/b]

Man.. check that guy 'Steven'... his **** posts all thru the World Cup section.. they are not as bad as ronarrin's were yesterday, and im still new to this whole neg rep thing, dont like neg repping people too much really... i think if i see another **** post from him i'll give him one tho...

Great idea RAR, very much appreciated from my side. Might save the time to delete a lot of posts if these guys get the idea. Just remember to give the reason as "spamming" on the neg. rep.

Yeah, the staff concur that we encourage you to neg rep anyone who's actually spamming - and if they respond with a neg rep just contact the big boys and they'll take away the petty neg repping against you, so you don't have to worry about your rep.

Yeah, the staff concur that we encourage you to neg rep anyone who's actually spamming - and if they respond with a neg rep just contact the big boys and they'll take away the petty neg repping against you, so you don't have to worry about your rep[/b]

At last, we can sleep safe at night... :p

^

Misunderstanding.

[/b]
Well, it would be one thing if there were rugby to comment on right now. But we're out of season here in the States, and I don't much care for League, and the Springboks have pretty much torpedoed the Tri-Nations (thanks, jerks), so I don't have much to say.

As a result, I have to poke my head into internal site debates like this, to get my post count up. Which seems to make you all tremendously mad. Which seems to defeat the purpose of "eliminating dead weight". Now the dead weight comes in the form of words and useless posts clogging up the boards, rather than lurkers making the servers slower . . .

<div class='quotemain'>
^

Misunderstanding.

[/b]
Well, it would be one thing if there were rugby to comment on right now. But we're out of season here in the States, and I don't much care for League, and the Springboks have pretty much torpedoed the Tri-Nations (thanks, jerks), so I don't have much to say.

As a result, I have to poke my head into internal site debates like this, to get my post count up. Which seems to make you all tremendously mad. Which seems to defeat the purpose of "eliminating dead weight". Now the dead weight comes in the form of words and useless posts clogging up the boards, rather than lurkers making the servers slower . . .
[/b][/quote]
Well although you have admitted to making useless posts, the way that your are making them is exactly like the rest of us when it isn't rugby related. It's called banter!

The spam the rest of us are talking about is the useless 3 or 4 word posts. Read my original post and you'll understand.

Latest posts