• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fa'atau82's Rugby 08 MOD thread (PC)

Gary, remember when I told you that the 6-image fsh team logos didn't work in the game? I was wrong. The logos are read in the knockout stages page

Oh right i see, you mean on the tournament tree?

That would apply for Heineken Cup too. I think i did all of them anyway.

The only ones i haven't done any for are the repesentative teams. I still have to do the balls and fly-in logos for those teams.

I will make a 'new' Pacific Islanders kit at some stage. Barbarian kit is from the last game, and the others are ok. Need to find the Lions kit i think, but again they only play once every few years so not sure if it needs updating.

Oh right i see, you mean on the tournament tree?

That would apply for Heineken Cup too. I think i did all of them anyway.

The only ones i haven't done any for are the repesentative teams. I still have to do the balls and fly-in logos for those teams.

I will make a 'new' Pacific Islanders kit at some stage. Barbarian kit is from the last game, and the others are ok. Need to find the Lions kit i think, but again they only play once every few years so not sure if it needs updating. [/b]

That's right, the tournament tree

As for the RWC banners, I may try to make the game see them as flags instead, so there should be 4 flags total per team in RWC mode

I have to make the kitbacks today, and then i will release the kits. I will also release Bath Home and Away then i will start on new kits. I have some to finish, like Biarritz Away (kitbacks) so i will try to get them done at some stage too.

I am only doing club shirts at the moment.

hey mate, this is all excellent stuff, when do you plan to release the new logos and score names, great work again!

hey guys im a bit behind in all the work everyones been doing lately, so i've got a few hours spare, what can i do to help, kits/graphics wise.

i dont have a logo/grapics list (i take you guys have found most) but i can help with kits fairly easily, (now i prob cant churn em out as fast as you guys but i try to do things as accurate as possible)

so let me know and ill get on to it today

hey guys im a bit behind in all the work everyones been doing lately, so i've got a few hours spare, what can i do to help, kits/graphics wise.

i dont have a logo/grapics list (i take you guys have found most) but i can help with kits fairly easily, (now i prob cant churn em out as fast as you guys but i try to do things as accurate as possible)

so let me know and ill get on to it today [/b]

Maybe Japan, Namibia, USA home & Samoa away for RWC (you DON'T have to do ALL of them today)? And maybe all unlicensed WC minikits? Do what you want (and can). Thank you for your offer

Francesco

Thanks Evol.

If you want something quick, i need major help making the shoulder lines for 2 of my kits. They are complete, but i can't get the lines to match. if you want to i can email you the psd's for Gloucester (1 kit) and Wasps (1 kit) and you can alter the lines and email them back.

I have done pretty much all graphics apart from minikits (which i am not good at yet) and score overlays (which come out looking odd).

That's all there is to do, apart from some club kits which i am doing myself and the 3 RWC kits. I will do Samoa away, as i made half the original that Uli85 completed.

The Japan can be altered from your 06 one EVOL, and the Namibia is from scratch.

What do you think?

I really reaslly want to mod 06/08, but every time i try and mod i get stream read error!! If anyone can do an idiots guide. I can do some kits as well.

Any help really appreciated.

Jeff

Jeffb,

To edit kits you need the following programs:

- Photoshop or image editor.. like MS Paint or PaintShop Pro.
- FshED (i prefer it) + graphic importer plug-in (vital for the process)
- BigGUI

Here is how you do it.

KITS

1. Make your kit 512x512 image in photoshop.
2. Save it as psd, psp, jpg, bmp, png or whichever image file you use.
3. Open a kit.fsh file in fshED and use graphic importer to import the file.
4. Update the file and save the file over the file you opened.

KITBACKS

1. Make your kit 256x256 image in photoshop.
2. Save it as psd, psp, jpg, bmp, png or whichever image file you use.
3. Open xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.fsh file in fshED and use graphic importer to import the file. This will have 22 files called jbck. You need to change the names of the jbck files to be able to use psd files. You do this by going to object>edit and there is a part where you can alter the name of jbck. Change it to jbc1 or jbca and click update. Do this for the 22 files and then import your 22 kitbacks.
4. Update the files as you do them and save the file over the file you opened.

Next stage..

1. Open BigGUI and find the .big file for your teams kit. It will open and should have two files: config.bin and kit.fsh. Import the kit.fsh you saved and it will save the old one.

Then find the files on your PC (i put them in one big folder or in seperate ones for kits) and then copy them to

HDD://Program Files/EA Sports/EA Sports Rugby 08

Cheers Gary,

I have Photoshop CS Photoshop, FshED and BigGUI. Not sure if ihave a graphic importer?? Ihave EA graph, if thats an importer??

Is the process the same for the flags and logos??

Really appreciate it. I have done all the Super League, plus changed all the internationals to International League Kits for 06. Just need to put in the b****y game.

Jeff

Cheers Gary,

I have Photoshop CS Photoshop, FshED and BigGUI. Not sure if ihave a graphic importer?? Ihave EA graph, if thats an importer??

Is the process the same for the flags and logos??

Really appreciate it. I have done all the Super League, plus changed all the internationals to International League Kits for 06. Just need to put in the b****y game.

Jeff

[/b]

Graphics Importer is a plugin for fshED, you can grab it here: http://download.nba-live.com/pafiledb.php?...=file&id=11

Extract it in the plugin folder of fshED

With it you can import PSDs, PNGs, etc., just click on Tools ---> Graphics Importer, open the file you want to import, and update

:)

Latest posts