Fans and Seating?

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
Hello, my friends,
When I watch Premiership games, I often see stadiums that are partially empty. Surpringly, people never seem to move up to the better seats, even after halftime when it seems obvious that no-one is coming for them. In the US, if the event organizers know there will be a lot of empty seats, they'll actually encourage people to move up, because of the camera angles ... usually the camera only catches the lower rows, so having them full makes the match appear better attended, and (theoretically) giving the appearance of a more successful club which could then lead to more fans, etc.
so, is this phenomenon due to anything in particular? Against the rules? They disagree about the marketing aspect? Simple English politeness?
Thanks as always,
Dave

Hello, my friends,
When I watch Premiership games, I often see stadiums that are partially empty. Surpringly, people never seem to move up to the better seats, even after halftime when it seems obvious that no-one is coming for them. In the US, if the event organizers know there will be a lot of empty seats, they'll actually encourage people to move up, because of the camera angles ... usually the camera only catches the lower rows, so having them full makes the match appear better attended, and (theoretically) giving the appearance of a more successful club which could then lead to more fans, etc.
so, is this phenomenon due to anything in particular? Against the rules? They disagree about the marketing aspect? Simple English politeness?
Thanks as always,
Dave
The last one i guess... never really thought about it

Hello, my friends,
Thanks as always,
Dave
Politeness tbh, ive definatly moved seat a couple of times when ive been at the Ricoh(wasps ground) as its never full but sometimes there are better seats but you can see just fine where you are then stay put and watch the game.

Sounds a good idea. I sit where my ticket says, If relevant. Or if there is going to be the option of moving i get myself in a good position pre-match. Then that is where i want and will stay.

I think it depends on your Idea of a good seat, I prefer to be a little higher up as it gives more of an overall view..

Interesting question. I agree that front seats aren't necessarily better. Also, I was thinking from a logistics point of view.
You arrive, game is about to start.... i guess i wouldn't move just in case the people with the seats i'm moving to could be arriving late or something.
Then during half time, you don't have much time to be honest. You generally go to the toilet, buy a beer or something and by the time you are back the second half is starting. Unless your seats are horrible, i kinda expect people to stick with their original seats.