• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fantasy Super 15

that was for Sports illustrated

I entered the Fox Sport one as well

cool, I now have 3 x score prediction games, (OzzTip, and SuperBru, Supersport.com)
3 x Fantasy leagues (Sports Illustrated, Fox and Testrugby.com)

hope my marriage is still sound after this season... but bought some sheep to keep the lawn in tact ;)

Sheesh. Best of luck keeping your head together moving about between websites. What is your conference at testrugby.com and is it open?

Originally Posted by Aussiblood
Hey Scrumit, I've joined the league.

For anyone doing the Testrugby.com one too. I have created "The Rugby Forum" division over there too. This is for Super 15.
your password is: TRFrugga

In addition, anyone currently running in the testrugby.com 6 Nations can drop into the created "TRF Six Nations" division.
password is: TRFrugga6

All welcome to join, it's lonely in there .

So I guess everyone is doing the fox sports one? Will register then...

So I registered but I have no idea how this thing works.

For all I know my team is absolute ****...The main selection criteria is that we have to pick players who are sure to play right?

My team

Connie Oosthuizen Hika Elliot Owen Franks
Jason Eaton Kevin O Neill
Frtiz Lee Duane Vermeulen Jean Deysel
Alby Mathewson Q Cooper
H Gear Juan de Jongh Conrad Smith Sherwin Stowers
Cory Jane

Subs: J Du Plessis Skipper Badenhorst George Earl Lei Tomiki T Kerr Barlow Waylon Murray F Fainifo

Another tip is don't waste too much money on your bench. I did this last year and was a disgrace. There are some cheap Melbourne Rebels that you can help to save money for the big names. I only have a few big names on my bench. It workes best if you have a bench player to sub for your few stars when they have a bye. For example my inside backs are Morne S. James O and Matt G and my bench inside Back is Kurtley B this because backs score so much a bye can kill you during a week when you may need win. With these 4 I'm pretty much covered. The only sacrifice is that I may not not a forward worht a darn on the bench but they don't score anywhere near a back. Just a tip I'm trying this year. We will see how it works can't be worse than last year where I finished 7 out of 8.

Another tip is don't waste too much money on your bench. I did this last year and was a disgrace. There are some cheap Melbourne Rebels that you can help to save money for the big names. I only have a few big names on my bench. It workes best if you have a bench player to sub for your few stars when they have a bye. For example my inside backs are Morne S. James O and Matt G and my bench inside Back is Kurtley B this because backs score so much a bye can kill you during a week when you may need win. With these 4 I'm pretty much covered. The only sacrifice is that I may not not a forward worht a darn on the bench but they don't score anywhere near a back. Just a tip I'm trying this year. We will see how it works can't be worse than last year where I finished 7 out of 8.

Cheers for the tip. I think this is the first year for most of us.

99% certain that sherwin stowers wont be starting. rokocoko and ranger and likely to occupy the wings. Anyone know if fritz lee is going to start as well? chiefs are pretty deep in the loose so im guessing hes not either. I think team are announced today tho so it seems we'll find out soon enough.

New to this forum but I thought I would give the Fox sports one a bash. SH trojans, I must of changed my team about 3 times already!

OK, my team is set. I just have this feeling that I will kick myself for not picking a couple of players but you can't have them all and the money is tight. Biggest omission in my mind is that I don't have Will Genia and only have 2 NZ players in the starting XV. Well, here we go.

Just a few questions:

- I have read through the head-to-head rules and it looks interesting but when will we see who we are up against? And if there is an odd number of teams will someone get a bye?

- Obviously the backs earn more points and are best choices for captain (earning double points) but which backs tend to make the most points; halves, centers or outbacks? Lets take the Bulls;

Fourie du Preez might create a few tries and there's an outside chance of him scoring one. Will Genia probably a better call for this format but I'm taking the bulls here.

Morne Steyn gets a lot of kicks and scores a try every 2nd game (highest try scoring 10 last year S14 LOL)

Wynand Olivier scores more tries and tackles well and add a few line breaks/offloads etc. Both him and Steyn are equally likely to assist in creating tries.

Bjorn Basson scores a truckload of tries but only finishes them. Rarely assists/tackles etc.

Who would generally score more points and be the best bet for captain?

This is also important because one could choose to have three centres in Ma'a Nonu, Wynand Olivier and Jacque Fourie or at the other end, you could have 3 flyhalves for inside backs in Morne Steyn, James O'Connor and Quade Cooper. Which would be best?

- do hookers also get points for a sucessful line-out?

- how many teams join the play-offs at the end?

Last edited:
Scoring

• During the tournament, the SANZAR Super Rugby 2011 players will be allocated a point score after each game, based on their performances in the SANZAR Super Rugby 2011 matches. Actions occurring in extra time count. The points will be calculated by the Promoter using data obtained by the Promoter. Promoter will not enter into any correspondence relating to the allocation of points to players. Promoter accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the data and the Promoter's decision is final. Points are awarded as detailed in the table below:
  • <!-- start of /lib_ism/_table.mc --><TABLE class="ism_table ism_rules_table"><COLGROUP><COL class=ism_col_1></COL><COL class=ism_col_2></COL></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR class=ism_row_0><TH class=ism_col_1>Action</TH><TH class=ism_col_2>Points</TH></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Playing 1 - 60 minutes</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>1</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>Playing more than 60 minutes</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>2</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each try</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>10</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each try assist</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>5</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each try save</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>5</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each conversion</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>2</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each conversion miss</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-1</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each penalty</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>3</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each penalty miss</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-1</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each drop goal</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>3</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each drop goal miss</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-1</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>Yellow card</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-5</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Red card</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-15</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each run</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>1</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each tackle bust</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>2</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each offload</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>1</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each linebreak</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>5</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each linebreak creates</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>3</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each error</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-3</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each tackle made</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>1</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each tackle miss</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-2</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each lineout take on own throw</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>1</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each lineout steal on opposition throw</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>4</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each not straight</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-4</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each tight head won, awarded to entire front row</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>10</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each tight head lost, awarded to entire front row</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-3</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>Pilfers</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>4</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_0><TD class=ism_col_1>For each turn over forced</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>3</TD></TR><TR class=ism_row_1><TD class=ism_col_1>For each penalty - long arm</TD><TD class=ism_col_2>-3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

• Head-to-Head
    Each round you will play a match against another team in the league, with a match result based on game scores. 4 points will be awarded for a win and 2 point for a draw. In the event of a tie, the team with the most game points will be positioned higher. To create a head-to-head league you will need a minimum of 2 players. Thereafter, you can add as many players as you like. A head-to-head league requires an even number of players, but don't worry, if you can only get an uneven number of mates to join an automated player called 'Mr Average' will be added to your league to complete the league.
    The number of players in your head-to-head league determines how often you play other members of the league. For example, there are 21 Fantasy rounds in the season, if you create a head-to-head league of 22 people you will play each other member of the league twice. The draw for every head-to-head league is generated automatically.
    There is also an option to add a knock-out stage, where the league winner is decided by a final match in the last round. The League Administrator has the following options for rounds:
    • 1 - A final between 1st and 2nd
    • 2 - Semi Finals - Top 4 teams qualify
    • 3 - Quarter Finals - Top 8 teams qualify
    The knockout rounds will run over the last rounds of the season. If quarter finals are selected, then there will be 18 league matches followed by 3 knoclout matches.
    The options are available based on the number of participants in the league. If at the time of creation of the league the user has said they want 9 in the league and only 4 join, then a "Mr Average" (average round score across the game) will join to make 5 in that league, and when the fixtures are generated, there will be no quarter final added - as there would not be enough people in the league to justify this numerically. "Mr Average" can not qualify for the knockout phase.
Hope this helps.

Can't wait to see everyone's teams,once the deadline has expired.

Whats the deal regarding the deadline on the sports illustrated one ? can i change my team up a bit now and can I change them after round 1 ?

Ok so im in on the fox one my team is called southern strike, and im also in on the SI one, my team is no soft centres.

Good luck to everyone. S'gunna be interesting, and could be a huge disaster, never done this before

Capture.png

is this decent?

I'm doing the fox one is ther a trf league for this

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Scrumit2
http://superrugbyfantasy.foxsports.com.au/M/home.mc

I started "The Rugby Forum" league it's a head to head league with 8 teams qualifing for the finals. It has unlimited numbers as it goes for teams so everyone is free to join and see how you go. I won't talk smack because last year my 1 year old son's team won it and it he had a team of all Aussies throughout the season. I even finished below my 3 yr old who had an all NZ team. Hopefully I learned my leasson.
Your league code is : 1848-1982

Latest posts