• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FAO Lora

and the Crusaders get hammered - wouldn't it have been a more meaningful warmup to go against a SL side or some other type of selection or NL1 side - maybe it's just me.

and the Crusaders get hammered - wouldn't it have been a more meaningful warmup to go against a SL side or some other type of selection or NL1 side - maybe it's just me. [/b]

It'd be pointless if they had played another SL team. The whole idea is to play one SL team, the best team, to determine who the best club is in the world
What if they did play another SL team in a warm up and lost and then went on to win the WCC??? It just wouldn't be right.
Teams need easy opponents to have more resistance than a training paddock in order to hone new methods, styles and stuff like new moves etc.

Oh and I must add that i think the scoreline was disgusting. We won 32-6...It should've been much, much higher

and the Crusaders get hammered - wouldn't it have been a more meaningful warmup to go against a SL side or some other type of selection or NL1 side - maybe it's just me. [/b]

Whilst I see precisely where you're coming from, Super League teams have their games and the NL1 teams are involved in the Northern Rail Cup at the moment.

well anyway - looks like someone won't be battle hardened like the opposition...pity...well not really