• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Far Cry 2; Anyone else getting it?

I am very much enjoying the story-line, the graphics are sweet, the AI is pretty damn good even though they randomly start attacking you which is why I try to avoid the patrol points if I can.

I am 20% into it, and I have already done plenty of stuff, so this is a very big game and can't wait to do the other 80%.

I have played a few games online and I'm more than satisfied with the online gameplay.

And as far as GoW is concerned, I can't wait for GoW2 which should be out the 7th of November with Gstation have an exclusive midnight launch.
There is also a hardcore edition featuring a life size replica of the Lancer/chainsaw gun. Which I am considering getting but its nooooot cheap.

£129 plus £20 deposit, but that includes Limited edition copy of the game.

Has anybody noticed that most the white people in Farcry 2 speak Afrikaans?
Got it a few days ago i think it's pretty good, love the freedom of the game but it takes you forever to get anywhere because everybody is always trying to kill you!

Yeah, i noticed. Thought it was funny. I'm pretty disappointed in the graphics though. But gameplay is solid!

I'm quite happy with the graphics, way more optimisation than on Crysis so the frame-rate is still awesome even on highest settings with medium-high rigs. The white guys make me laugh, they've all got a nice Di Caprio 'Danny Archer brew, nah Rhodesian aye" thing going for them, I noticed the Afrikaans as well.

I thought the map was big enough but going into a new area in the second act was pretty amazing, also the choices you make seem to have a pretty big impact on the game, which is unique for an FPS.

I have an inkling this will have more depth than Fallout III, though Bethesda could surprise me, but I doubt it will live up to the standard of story-telling produced in Fallout I & II.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Oct 29 2008, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Has anybody noticed that most the white people in Farcry 2 speak Afrikaans?[/b]
Afrikaans or Afrikaans accent?

I think the original was developed in Germany.

Done about 50% and with Gears 2 coming out tommorow I have decided to sell as wont play anymore.

Latest posts