• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Far Cry 2; Anyone else getting it?

G

Goth Power

Far Cry 2, is anyone else picking this one up when its released tomorrow?

Let me know, and il give you a game online...once I have killed the single player to death :p

from the pc side of things the multiplayer is really meh so wouldn't get the game for that. but getting it for singleplayer is freaking awesome and supposedly a good 25-30 hours of gameplay. The best way I heard it described was the western version of Stalker but better and with more focus on killing guys rather than the rpg elements. I only just started but already seems like a good game though and will definitely try to make it to the end of the game. also the game should run well even on a mid-range pc with most of the settings cranked up unlike crysis. I saw one review where an ati 4850 video card was almost pulling playable 30ish framerate at 2560x1050 or some really insane resolution like that with some kind of core 2 intel cpu.

Or as bug laiden.

"I SAID COME IN. DON'T STAND THERE. I SAID COME IN. DON'T STAND THERE. I SAID COME IN. DON'T STAND THERE"

"GET OUT OF HERE STALKER. GET OUT OF HERE STALKER. GET OUT OF HERE STALKER"

"Heeello, hello. Heeello, hello. Heeello, hello."

Will definitely be buying this when i get the cash. It's a busy season though, will probably also want to get Dead Space and Fallout 3 despite previously ******* and moaning with what Bethesda have done with the franchise (like every other fallout fan, despite what they say).

AI and the map are supposed to be the major selling points, also it's supposed to be well optimised and the self-healing is supposed to be pretty unique (i.e ripping glass out of your arm in fpv)

I got it for x360
I started on normal then realised there is too many dudes interrupting my missions
Went back to easy, and now at the same spot
I am loving the environment but not liking the AI respawning all the time and shooting you unprovoked…even if I go to the bus stop, it still takes forever to get to one, and I’ll get shot at on the way
I haven’t gone online yet, as I gotto renew my annual live fee, which I will do this weekend â€" online this game must kill everything as the environment/foliage is thick, customizable and alive!!!

This is the best FPS of the year â€" pending CoD5 which will be CoD4 rewound 50years â€" it’s a breath of fresh air, and I reckon Far Cry3 is the one to corrupt our social lives

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 24 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I got it for x360
I started on normal then realised there is too many dudes interrupting my missions
Went back to easy, and now at the same spot
I am loving the environment but not liking the AI respawning all the time and shooting you unprovoked…even if I go to the bus stop, it still takes forever to get to one, and I'll get shot at on the way
I haven't gone online yet, as I gotto renew my annual live fee, which I will do this weekend â€" online this game must kill everything as the environment/foliage is thick, customizable and alive!!!

This is the best FPS of the year â€" pending CoD5 which will be CoD4 rewound 50years â€" it's a breath of fresh air, and I reckon Far Cry3 is the one to corrupt our social lives[/b]

Best FPS of the year? thats a big call. I may go and get it today. I didnt bother finishing GTA IV due to the number of Man-dates I had to go on. Do you reckon I would lack the attention span for this game?

its an online killer
single player is questionable - its massive, and repetitive

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 24 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
its an online killer
single player is questionable - its massive, and repetitive[/b]

ah that would kill me. same reason why I didn't try Assassin's Creed. I might go crazy and buy Madden 09

I'm glad I bought Assassin's Creed. It may be repetetive but it was bloody great fun.

AC was fun for the first few levels, but then it died. It tried too damn hard to be a lot more intelligent then it really was.

Plus it had one of the worst combat systems I've ever come across. Mash-mash-mash-mash-mash-die-restart.

I loved it personally, once you regained all your abilities the counter attacking was unbelievable.

Its a hard time to be a gamer, with all these massive games on the horizon. Gears of War 2 is also just a fortnght away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 24 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oooh whoopie-do. Another overhyped outrigger ripoff.[/b]

Agreed. Gears of War was the most overated game ever IMO. Fallout 3 in a week!!!!!! Alomg with Red Alert 3. I do wish Fable II was on the PC though. :(

Latest posts