• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

fastest player in the game

havent seen that...as im not a big fan of the telly nowadays....neva usually miss the news but dam missed that one....

rokocoko...fitter and faster?....WOOHOO...hopefully he can replace the excitement that rupeni left behind for the blues....theres almost no fault in rokos game...he improves yearly and hopefully he is faster...i dont like the looks of chavanga and hobana on loose...GO BLUES,sorry bout ythe double posts
<

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Feb 17 2005, 06:51 PM
A good race for 7 people would be

Sereli Bobo
Rupeni
Joe Rokocoko
Chavunga ( that black stormers guy who played a few games last year)
Howlett
Robinson
Ohata

Los: Bit harsh on robinson there I think, he's definately a good player. You're bias to SH Players is amazes even me as a NZ'er
Sosene Anesi would be in that race too, fastest ever time in NZ over 40m

Originally posted by umosay+Feb 20 2005, 07:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Feb 20 2005, 07:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Hypnotised
@Feb 17 2005, 06:51 PM
A good race for 7  people would be

Sereli Bobo
Rupeni
Joe Rokocoko
Howlett
Robinson
Ohata

Los: Bit harsh on robinson there I think, he's definately a good player. You're bias to SH Players is amazes even me as a NZ'er
Sosene Anesi would be in that race too, fastest ever time in NZ over 40m [/b]
Gee I need the rugby chanel, who is Soseni Anesi?

Umosay...your sig showing Roko's sig try dive. Heve you seen when players trying to catch him at the line get his sprigs in their face when he flicks his heels up? What an insult to them! (I should stop laughing...it is so barbaric)

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Feb 20 2005, 09:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 20 2005, 09:02 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Feb 20 2005, 07:40 PM

Sereli Bobo
Rupeni
Joe Rokocoko
Howlett
Robinson
Ohata

Gee I need the rugby chanel, who is Soseni Anesi?

Umosay...your sig showing Roko's sig try dive. Heve you seen when players trying to catch him at the line get his sprigs in their face when he flicks his heels up? What an insult to them! (I should stop laughing...it is so barbaric) [/b]
Yeah hes waikato/chiefs winger... also played sevens this year

You will see him in S12, scored in all 3 warmup games so far

Oh..stupid me.

So now everyone knows how much I respect Waikato rugby........I have been through Waikato numerous times. Beautiful town, nice buildings, lovely gardens.............

...aren't girls allowed in Hamilton? Just a question....

Waikato, beautiful? I would never have said that and I live here (probably why). As for the girls, why are you asking, you're happily married and/or gay (is that possible?)

Don't take any offence by the way, I know you're straight. or at least I hope so for your wifes sake. Don't want to tread on your (pedicured) Toes.

I see your point on the girls though...

i think its that sureni bobo, he can run like micheal jackson does when he sees a kid 100m away... na and that nz 7s player i cant rember who it was (if someone said his name its like yeah thats him) aparantly hes the fastest in nz and he ran 40m in like 4 seconds or something stupid like that... (ok mabie not 4s but you know... something ridiculasly fast

What about Ben Cohen, he is a great runner, he dosent get much chance nowadays to show it of as much as he used to but when he does he can really go.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Feb 20 2005, 11:04 PM
What about Ben Cohen, he is a great runner, he dosent get much chance nowadays to show it of as much as he used to but when he does he can really go.
the last time i saw him run was on a intercept pass, i wouldent rate him very high

Cohen is no where near as fast as 2 or 3 years ago since he's bulked out - He's just too damn big to be a fast winger these days.

I'd be interested to see if (Rasberry) Ripol is one of the game's quicker players or not.

Yeah i admit he has lost some of his form up to recent, but give hime time. he has had a lot of stick about club, and country debate and interviews, and stuff. he has recently signed for 3 more years, but before that he has lost in his game, with all this crap flying around about which club is he going to sign with, if we get relegated etc.

But im expecting him to pick up him tremendous form again, which saw him acheive match saving tackles, and match winning try's for club and country

Originally posted by umosay+Feb 20 2005, 08:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Feb 20 2005, 08:40 PM)</div>

Sereli Bobo
Rupeni
Joe Rokocoko
Howlett
Robinson
Ohata

Sosene Anesi would be in that race too, fastest ever time in NZ over 40m[/b]
http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articles...l?oneclick=true
Yeah apparently the fastest guy in nz rugby is Sosene Anesi 4.53sec over 40m

Haha!! Hypnotised.....this is true (my SH biased in terms of pace)..

But I believe it to be factual...

Islanders have better twitch fibres and therefore run quicker - in fact black people in general do (hence my mention of Chavange etc.....)

Northern Hemisphere teams don't have a lot of them and therefore don't have a lot of pace.

I don't believe Robinson is in the speedsters league at all....like I said earlier, Cohen a couple of years back was heaps quicker...Robinson's height plays a part in his (lack of) pace. Sure he looks quick - but is he? Not really.

Also on an insulting to NH level, I don't see enough running rugby from them to make choices as easily as I do from the more attacking and in-the-spirit-of-the-game SH style rugby. It's not that the defence is suspect or anything, but the attack is just too good to stop....

England found that out last year and the Lions will find it out soon. At least NZ will help the Lions and subsequent sides tone down on their ridiculous size!!....

1000 assistants anyone? what a joke..lol!

Robinson makes up for his apparent lack of pace with his agility - He literally ran circles around Australia on the last Lions tour.

his agility is undoubtedly fantastic. So good in fact...some think he must be very quick.

hehe.

You see what I mean by the islanders surely though yeah?

- Howlett (Fijian)
- Caucaunibuca (Fijian)
- Rokocoko (Fijian)
- Sivivatu (Fijian)
- Delasau (Samoan)
- Muliaina (quicker than he looks - and Samoan)
- Russell (is quick for a whitey but still SH - admittedly his father is Samoan)

Anyone who remembers the pace of Sleightholme and Grayson on JLR knows the English have always thought their players were slightly (!) quicker than they are...

hehe.
<
<

It may be painful for the NH to accept these truths....but it's not your fault..just genetics and stuff, what can U do? Just keep going hard in the forwards and using a kicking first five and you guys might get back to three or four in the world...

Ouch.
<

Originally posted by knuck+Feb 20 2005, 11:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knuck @ Feb 20 2005, 11:33 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Feb 20 2005, 08:40 PM

Sereli Bobo
Rupeni
Joe Rokocoko
Howlett
Robinson
Ohata

http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articles...l?oneclick=true
Yeah apparently the fastest guy in nz rugby is Sosene Anesi 4.53sec over 40m [/b]
Is that supposed to be the fastest? A friggin 4.53 40?

I hope not, because even fat outa' shape NFL O and D lineman can run mid 4.5's.

I'm thinking fastest, as in NFL comparable fastest. Like a 4.22 through a 4.4.

"Islanders have better twitch fibres and therefore run quicker - in fact black people in general do (hence my mention of Chavange etc.....)"

If you said something like that here in the US, you'd be crucified, no joke. They consider that stereotyping, and racist talk. (Not saying I disagree, just stating a fact).

"Northern Hemisphere teams don't have a lot of them and therefore don't have a lot of pace."

The NFL is in the NH, in relative tearms to the NFL and College Football. There are a TON of Poly's (Islanders) playing football, in ratio to the amount of them worldwide, compared to any other race of people in the US.

I would have loved to be able to see how a servicable backup NFL Poly player like Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala would do in Rugby.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12384
NFL.com - Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala

A guy like him could be a Lomu type I think.

BROWNS_STEELERS.jpg

I think that nh have there fair share of fast players,as mentioned before robinson, and of course shane williams
joe rockoko said before the wales and new zealand match that he rates shane in the top five wingers in the world,he said he hates playing against him because he is the small and nippy type who has the ability to run rings around people.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 20 2005, 11:53 PM
his agility is undoubtedly fantastic. So good in fact...some think he must be very quick.

hehe.

You see what I mean by the islanders surely though yeah?

- Howlett (Fijian)
- Caucaunibuca (Fijian)
- Rokocoko (Fijian)
- Sivivatu (Fijian)
- Delasau (Samoan)
- Muliaina (quicker than he looks - and Samoan)
- Russell (is quick for a whitey but still SH - admittedly his father is Samoan)

Anyone who remembers the pace of Sleightholme and Grayson on JLR knows the English have always thought their players were slightly (!) quicker than they are...

hehe.
<
<

It may be painful for the NH to accept these truths....but it's not your fault..just genetics and stuff, what can U do? Just keep going hard in the forwards and using a kicking first five and you guys might get back to three or four in the world...

Ouch.
<
Howlett is Tongan, but his clone (Isa Nacewa) is Fijian. Delesau is Fijian - just look at him
<

Latest posts