• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fastest Player

Who is Fastest??

• Total voters
I'm stuck at a draw between Bryan Habana and Takudzwa Ngwenya at the moment. Ngwenya shown some great signs of talent at the RWC; enough to get noticed by Prem side Saracens for a month trial. Meanwhile Habana has all the credentials under his belt. I'd like to see more from Ngwenya and at a professional club rugby level before I make a solid decision here.

Habana has clocked 4.63 seconds over 40 metres
Habana has clocked 10.42 seconds over 100 metres

Speaks for itself really!

Habana has clocked 4.63 seconds over 40 metres
Habana has clocked 10.42 seconds over 100 metres

Speaks for itself really! [/b]

Your rarely see anyone run 100m in a game but the 40m time will come into play alot. However none of this matter because it wasn't on a rugby field, with rugby boots on and in a straight line.

Times are stupid really because people go on about some player Stapleton for the Western Force that has a good time for the 100m but I am still yet to see him on the pitch.

I suppose it all comes down to getting them all to run 100 metres.. fully kitted up! boots and all.. and even a ball :p

I dont think Caucau was ever the quickest, he was extremely strong with a great sidestep but he was pretty podgy last time i saw him in the 03 world cup. Real waste of talent. I think Ngwenya is the quickest, but Habana is considerably better overall.

I voted for Habana as well, but what about that American guy that outran him in the RWC. Can't remember his name though...

So it seems people are pretty much suck between 4 or so players. I want to add another dynamic though. If any players you seen on the field possess exceptional or notable pace, why not mention him as well.

I think CJ van der Linde is quite quick for a prop, I remember him scoring this crazy try for the Cheetahs where he ran a good 50m to the tryline. He even went off injured straight afterwards with a hamstring injury to prove it :p

Might be an obvious one but i think Fourie Du Prees is really quick. The break he made against England before he layed off Pietersen for the second try was stunning, think he totally skint Robinson.

Chavanga can run 100m in 10.27 so he is quicker than Habana......The Japanese winger, Daisuke Ohata, is the quickest out of everyone(that i know of)

Habana for sure...

Although the US guy that outdid him could give him a run for his money

Latest posts