• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

favourite actor?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>surrounded by average actors in...DiCaprio... [/b]

Are you serious?
You consider DiCaprio to an average actor?
That baffles me. Truly...
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I stand by it, he's had his moments but given some of the actors who have been mentioned in this thread he's certainly not in their league and yes is average by comparison.

However put Keanu Reaves and Tom Cruise in and Di Caprio is a class above! [/b][/quote]

That's fair enough. I mean, in my eyes he has chosen many superb movies and acted really well in all of them. Very rarely do i encounter a dicaprio movie that i don't like (the beach, ***anic wasn't brilliant) and i give him kudos for that. I just really enjoy his acting, always think he puts in a stellar performance and in the exmaple of the departed, didn't seem out of his depth in comparison to Jack Nicholson.
But hey, we've all got our own views.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>surrounded by average actors in...DiCaprio... [/b]

Are you serious?
You consider DiCaprio to an average actor?
That baffles me. Truly...
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I stand by it, he's had his moments but given some of the actors who have been mentioned in this thread he's certainly not in their league and yes is average by comparison.

However put Keanu Reaves and Tom Cruise in and Di Caprio is a class above! [/b][/quote]

That's fair enough. I mean, in my eyes he has chosen many superb movies and acted really well in all of them. Very rarely do i encounter a dicaprio movie that i don't like (the beach, ***anic wasn't brilliant) and i give him kudos for that. I just really enjoy his acting, always think he puts in a stellar performance and in the exmaple of the departed, didn't seem out of his depth in comparison to Jack Nicholson.
But hey, we've all got our own views.
[/b][/quote]
DeCaprio is an actor of some note although I think he struggles when up against the likes of Day-Lewis and DeNero but thats no disgrace. Val Kilmer competes with Reeves for worst actor.

Jack Nicholson

Consistently good performances.

The Departed and The Shining spring to mind.

His most famous line:
'Heeere's Johnny!'

Jack Nicholson

Consistently good performances.

The Departed and The Shining spring to mind.

His most famous line:
'Heeere's Johnny!'
[/b]
I don't know, it may be his most famous line, but I totally prefer the scene where his wife has just read the "book" he wrote ("All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy", springs to mind). The acting Nicholson performs in this scene is some of the best I've ever seen. Particularly:
"You've had your whole f***ing life to think things over! What goods a few minutes more gonna do you now?"

Linky, woop ==> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4xfA4v_QD8Q or the whole scene ==> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iyh4oC_HZtM&NR=1

I suggest some sensitive (As if there are any sensitive men out there >_>) people may not want to view the clips as they may be disturbing to them. Or if you haven't seen the movie yet, I doubt you want to spoil it for yourselves.

Daniel Day-Lewis is mine, An absolute acting masterclass.

Second is Christian Bale

In no particular order i'd vote for Kevin Spacey, Philip Seymour Hoffman (See Charlie Wilson's War just for his performance), Pacino, C.Bale and Daniel Day Lewis

I got to say Al Pacino, his role in Scarface was just brilliant and i enjoyed the whole movie. Also his role in Oceans Thirteen was brilliant. Fantastisc actor! I must say

that cast of godfather is gold pure gold.

pacino
brando
duvall
caan
de niro in pt 2

garcia sucked in part 3 tho

well, robert de niro and al pacino are simply the best, but johnny depp and jim carrey are always fantastic, cause they could jump from a serious role to a more dramatic one without losing charme.

Latest posts