• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favourite match so far?

jomjom

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
So a fantastic World Cup draws to a close, and the world order of rugby union has been reshuffled. What then has been your favourite match of this amazing tournament so far?

For me its got to be England vs Australia. The history behind the occasion, the masterclass ruthless performance of Australia, the ensuing drama from Englands departure and even though I wasnt there in person I could still feel how electric the atmosphere mustve been like Twickers. I was sad to see the hosts knocked out, but you have to admit it made for some high intensity dramatic rugby - before, during and after the match. It was probably one of the best matches Ive seen in a long time.

South Africa vs Japan and also South Africa vs Wales are worthy runner ups. Namibia vs Georgia gets an honourable mention, thoroughly enjoyed that! Scotland vs Australia was also great, to be honest theres a lot to choose from and its kind of hard to narrow it down! But above all else Australia vs England gets my vote. Since that match, home allegiance aside, I have fancied and backed Australia to win.

What about everyone else?

As a fan, Argentina v Ireland :)

As a neutral: Samoa v Scotland.

Hands down South Africa V Japan probably one of the best matches I've ever seen, really glad I watched the whole thing live. The match pretty much had everything (especially from a neutral perspective) to keep you enthralled. Had to ring my 20 minutes towards the end to make sure he was watching it.

France vs the All Blacks
I was at that game and we were nervous about it beforehand, it was one we were expecting the French to explode into, just like they have in the past... but it turned into a complete rout and one myth was put to bed forever and emphatically. It was lovely to get that monkey off our back.
Japan vs the Boks, just because of the way the Japanese threw caution to the wind and attacked with élan and gusto.
The shocked look on Victor Matfields face was priceless.

Japan v SA

Wales v Argentina

Argentina v SA

Samoa v USA

The last one because i went with my husband, son and grandson to see it, The weather was wonderful, the atmosphere really joyful and we thought the match was pretty good too!

Surely Japan vs South Africa is the only correct answer!?

Behind that I would say Scotland vs Australia and Georgia vs Tonga for me. I say Scotland vs Australia, despite some horrible moments of rugby from both side it was just a good spectacle and provided us with endless drama and excitement, even post-match.

South Africa vs Japan
- david beat the colossus up
- emotions to the end
- the grande finale

Scotland vs Australia
- emotions to the end

France vs the All Blacks
- cosmic play

Hands down, Japan vs South Africa. One of the greatest games I've ever seen..

Japan vs South Africa for nail biting back and forth stuff with a brilliant ending.

New Zealand vs France just for a sheer masterclass in rugby demolition.

NZ vs Fra of course, but other than an AB game obviously the Japan vs Sco game was good, I also enjoyed Wales vs Eng and Eng vs Aus.

New-Zealand vs France ... only kidding...
Japan vs South Africa ( historical ) , Scotland vs Australia ( controversial ) and England vs Australia ( national drama )

England vs Wales. The sheer drama of the denouement. Robshaws folly. The singularly most talked about decision by a Captain ever. It filled column after column of sports sections across all manner of paper, blog, ezine, TV slot, radio chat show etc. and it didn't go away from the headlines because Wales then lost to Aussie and didn't get a bonus point which meant that England would have gone through if they had clinched a draw with Wales.

Aus v Eng. A defining moment for the Wallabies which gave me hope that we could go all the way and not be a victim of the pool of death. Rumours like weak scrum, inaccurate goal kick, no depth, poor coach etc. were all dispelled in that game.

Aus v Eng. A defining moment for the Wallabies which gave me hope that we could go all the way and not be a victim of the pool of death. Rumours like weak scrum, inaccurate goal kick, no depth, poor coach etc. were all dispelled in that game.

You just haven't come up against a decent team yet....

Most prob Ire vs Arg

Was good rugby and after all the Irish fans mouthing off about how the AB's wouldn't make the semis and Ireland would demolish the Pumas it was quite an enjoyable moment.

Australia V England
Then Japan V South Africa

facepalm.jpg

Don't worry IA, the boys are just getting overexcited.
Aussie will be fully committed and dangerous as a frilly lizard on heat when the two teams meet on Saturday.
We know that but some of the boys on here can't help themselves
This is a massive deal for us. A cultural event. Emotions will be running high...

Latest posts