• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA 09

On PS3, you don't have to buy a gold subscription, you just download the demo for free. Awesome game, it's a day one-r for me, for sure! Also the PS3 version will feature an exclusive Fifa Interactive World Cup mode.

I'm thinking that Woosaah, Gay-Guy, Radman, myself and maybe even AK47 might be indulging in a few tourneys when this comes out. If Toup gave us his psn id maybe him too, lol!

so... thats a yes that you are getting it then? thats nice.

what platform, you multiplatform user you?

Really looking forward to this, the demo was sweet to play, so much smoother and a touch quicker and more responsive. Great stuff, bring it.

I'm really going to feel really bad handing out the whippings to you guys. Might even let you guys have an occasional goal :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Sep 14 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
On PS3, you don't have to buy a gold subscription, you just download the demo for free.[/b]

:D But fortunately this forum doesn't resort to console fanboy wars or we could really pick up on this one...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Sep 14 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm thinking that Woosaah, Gay-Guy, Radman, myself and maybe even AK47 might be indulging in a few tourneys when this comes out. If Toup gave us his psn id maybe him too, lol![/b]

Well yes, but the time difference might make it a bit unfair on you guys. I mean, either it would be really early in the morning for me and you'd feel the full brunt of my early morning freshness and flair, or it would be late at night for me and I'd be in full flow and you'd have no hope...

... or I might lose repeatedly and convincingly.

Enjoying this more and more after playing the demo - this might just make the grade even in a very congested release period for the ps3.

I downloaded the demo over the weekend, I thought it was superb. Everything seemed much more intelligent and the days of continual 1-0 boring wins or 0-0 draws should now be long gone.

PES2009 needs to be good, ney, exceptional, or after nearly a decade of superior games, Konami are going to be the underdog again.

I will probably wait for the full game rather than download the demo.....I don't want to learn any habits and then have to relearn when the final version is out.

Besides give it 3 weeks and I will be the number one on this forum mwahaha!

This is because I have been shown a few things by professionals......FIWC competitors mwahaha!

Anyway.....there is a good chance that the speed of the game in the final version will be slower when playing online. You heard it here first!

I can't edit my own text arrrrghhh....anyway I would suggest playing the demo on the SLOW speed. This is the speed that I believe will be the speed for the final version for online play. You will notice it is a very different game and actually a much better and realistic game than playing it at the faster speeds.

Thanks for the tip!

Or is this just a cunning ruse to get everybody accustomed to a slower pace before they meet you online and can't live with the increased pace?

Having just had a quick comparison of this vs last year's PES, it really does raise the bar. Whilst I'm perhaps not as harsh on EA as some people, I can definitely appreciate the effort which seems to have gone into making this year's game a real step forward. It has been a good year for their franchises so far, and it looks set to continue with this one

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Sep 15 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the tip!

Or is this just a cunning ruse to get everybody accustomed to a slower pace before they meet you online and can't live with the increased pace?[/b]
Haha well it could be lol!

Ok well try doing the skill moves under the slow speed setting....you can see that they are easier to do.

In fact the whole game is a lot better at slow speed...especially when it comes to playing PROPER football and building up towards a goal rather than the 97 PES version of knocking the ball diagonally all the way to your forwards like some super arcadey soccer game. In slow speed you are playing more of a game that EMULATES a real soccer sim.

Well anyway I think Fifa in the final version WILL NOT choose the fast speed for online games...so don't bother learning on that in the demo. There is a good chance it will be normal speed....but I think that they will quite probably take it to slow speed.....just like Fifa 08. The only differences will be the response will be better that Fifa 08....so you will feel like you have more control.

I hope they get rid of that player animation of pointing to where you should pass the ball...no one does that in real life lol! Except woosaah......hehe

Interestingly, the release date (in the UK at least), has been brought forward a week - the UK will now get this on 26 September... good news!

It gives them a 3 week headstart on PES.

I can see this version of the football game wars being the best there's been.

Actually gave this a go on the PC today because I was bored and, as a self confessed Pro Evo fanboi (!) I was interested to see what level FIFA was at.

I played one match, Chelsea vs Schalke, winning 1-0 with a Deco goal.

The demo has now been uninstalled and shall never be returning to my computer. Quite frankly I'd rather play a 3 or 4 year old version of PES than this pile of rubbish. Like seemingly every other EA Sports game, everything seemed to be stuck within the constraints of the animations. The players looked like they were running through treacle and it felt as though they were playing with a beach ball. Just as I've found with previous versions, there was no weight or realism to any of the physics or motions of the game. It's just so unresponsive when you're used to pressing a button and actually having the player do what you want, as opposed to already being stuck in a previous animation.

On the positive side, the kits and faces look quite nice.

As you can probably guess, I definately won't be wasting either my time or money on this.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Sep 15 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Interestingly, the release date (in the UK at least), has been brought forward a week - the UK will now get this on 26 September... good news![/b]

Thats only according to Amazon! Game and Play still hold 3rd October! Hopefully you are right!

Yeah... it all seems a bit confused currently - the EA site still says 3 Sept, but according to a few people on other forums, they have had emails from Amazon notifying them - seems strange that they'd change it unless they were sure... I'm sure it will be clarified in the coming days.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Schweinsteiger_Webby @ Sep 16 2008, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Actually gave this a go on the PC today because I was bored and, as a self confessed Pro Evo fanboi (!) I was interested to see what level FIFA was at.

I played one match, Chelsea vs Schalke, winning 1-0 with a Deco goal.

The demo has now been uninstalled and shall never be returning to my computer. Quite frankly I'd rather play a 3 or 4 year old version of PES than this pile of rubbish. Like seemingly every other EA Sports game, everything seemed to be stuck within the constraints of the animations. The players looked like they were running through treacle and it felt as though they were playing with a beach ball. Just as I've found with previous versions, there was no weight or realism to any of the physics or motions of the game. It's just so unresponsive when you're used to pressing a button and actually having the player do what you want, as opposed to already being stuck in a previous animation.

On the positive side, the kits and faces look quite nice.

As you can probably guess, I definately won't be wasting either my time or money on this.[/b]

I think that's a really great thing for everyone concerned, especially seeing as the rest of us must be idiots for liking something this obviously crap.

Is there a level up from Fanboy? Yes, there is. :rolleyes:

Ok I have both machines
Now tell me
Does anyone get the feel that Fifa09 looks WORSE than Fifa08
We all know Fifa09 is a lot better in gameplay
But I feel its gone backwards in the frame-rate, and visuals â€" perhaps this is a demo thing â€" or is this a PS3 thing….(I had Fifa08 on Xbox, and it looked better than this demo)

In late breaking news â€" ak47 has found his Fifa09 touch, and will dominate

Latest posts