• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIFA 2005

R

reyalpevlewtrepus

It's due out (in NZ) in 2 days. I wonder whether it will be as good as earlier previews suggest.

"Great soccer players need a great first touch - and the same is now true for gamers with FIFA Soccer 2005. Using an all-new fluid player kinetic system, a player's first touch becomes a key advantage for players who can think quickly and act fast to outsmart the competition. An all-new animation system reacts to every button press with authentic responsiveness, directly translating to the speed and vision of the world's greatest players."

FIFA 2005 Certainly looks an improvement - but who needs FIFA when PES4 is on the horizon, close enough to touch? this first touch thing gives me haunting memories of " Of The Ball Controlâ"¢" EA will slap a trademark on anything in efforts to wow consumers.

IGN reviews FIFA 2005

IGN has posted the first review we've seen of EA's FIFA 2005, and they seem to like it judging by the 8.6/10 score awarded.

"FIFA 2005 is much improved over the last version of the game and fans of the series will no doubt feel good about grabbing it again. The choice between this game and a Konami soccer ***le, like many other debates in the sports world where EA is involved is a matter of taste, not necessarily quality. FIFA, like Madden, delivers a strong overall feeling of being involved in the world’s most popular sport in big noisy stadiums with highly skilled players who are regarded as gods by their fans. It’s great head to head and online because of the nature of soccer itself. The Franchise mode is extremely satisfying because the long term and short term consequences of your decisions are always going to be on your mind and that only ads to the pressure of winning. FIFA05 is the best version of the series so far."

The Xbox version of FIFA 2005 released last week, and the PlayStation 2 and PC editions are due on Thursday.

http://www.gpstore.co.nz/News/Archive/1242.html

FIFA will be decent. PES will be much, much better.

Good to see FIFA finally appearing to make a half decent effort.

Originally posted by woodie@Oct 12 2004, 09:35 AM
FIFA will be decent. PES will be much, much better.

Good to see FIFA finally appearing to make a half decent effort.
I'd be more inclined to say.....

"FIFA will be cack and won't have changed since about the '99 version, and PES will be the defintive version of the other ball game"

But that's just me.

I'd usually agree with you SFW, but the fact is that FIFA is back on the map having played that demo. Still has too many irritating flaws for the football purist though.

Competition is healthy - if FIFA is improving so much can you imagine how much they'll be looking to improve PES???

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 12 2004, 06:45 PM
I'd usually agree with you SFW, but the fact is that FIFA is back on the map having played that demo. Still has too many irritating flaws for the football purist though.

Competition is healthy - if FIFA is improving so much can you imagine how much they'll be looking to improve PES???
I always find that the passing system, surely the most basic and fundamenal thing in a football game, of FIFA is very slow a unresponsive. And it's always too easy to score spectacular goals, with little or no skill required.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 13 2004, 06:50 AM
And it's always too easy to score spectacular goals, with little or no skill required.
See now thats what i like about a soccer game.

Yeah, is it really that fun playing out a nil all draw? thats why i like rugby because points are easier to come by, and in more ways...

ive got the demo of fifa 2005 the game play is like weill alot better then it was last year first touch is pretty awesome but the game still feels like a video game and nothing more and still when u score its nothing special the shot looks silly and the ball hits the net so slow whereas in pro evo it slams into the net which makes the goal look that much better ya know, overall i say fifa will be a huge improvement on fifa 2004 but still wont be as enjoyable to play as pro evo 4 infact i still dont think it will be as gud as pes3 for enjoyment.

Originally posted by neh@Oct 13 2004, 10:21 AM
ive got the demo of fifa 2005 the game play is like weill alot better then it was last year first touch is pretty awesome but the game still feels like a video game and nothing more and still when u score its nothing special the shot looks silly and the ball hits the net so slow whereas in pro evo it slams into the net which makes the goal look that much better ya know, overall i say fifa will be a huge improvement on fifa 2004 but still wont be as enjoyable to play as pro evo 4 infact i still dont think it will be as gud as pes3 for enjoyment.
that being said, pro evo's is still leap years ahead

pes3 was 10 times better

pes4 will be 10 time still better

coz the leap fifa lept from 2004 was be the same leap the pes series makes from 3 to 4.

the gap remains the same, and its huge

Originally posted by umosay@Oct 12 2004, 08:48 PM
Yeah, is it really that fun playing out a nil all draw? thats why i like rugby because points are easier to come by, and in more ways...
In a game like Pro Evo it can be fun to play out a nil-nil draw. It's more realistic than having every match finish with stupidly high scores, 8-2 or 5-0.

Originally posted by Serge+Oct 13 2004, 08:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Oct 13 2004, 08:17 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Oct 13 2004, 06:50 AM
And it's always too easy to score spectacular goals, with little or no skill required.
See now thats what i like about a soccer game. [/b]
I hate that. It's not real football.

Real Football is nothing more than 0-0 Draws which make me wanna go watch English Rugby

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 13 2004, 08:25 PM
Real Football is nothing more than 0-0 Draws which make me wanna go watch English Rugby
You mean CHELSEA football.
<

no no i dont think pes4 will take as big a step as fifa this yr, fifa 2004 was utter utter ****, fifa 2005 is playable but it needs more life if u no what i mean, sure pes4 will be much greater but yea not as much as last yr

Having played the demo neh, I think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise as to how much PES4 HAS improved.

im sure it will mate, but what i just said is all tru, i also used to be a fifa fan untill i bought a computer and discovered the net pes was never in the shops where i come from so the only soccer choice i had was fifa and i thought it was kool untill i started checkin out gaming sites and seeing all the real good reviews of pes3 i was like "gotta get this game" first of i was like well its not that great just because it wasnt all flashy like fifa but after a little while i was jumping out of my seat. PES is like omfg compared to fifa and allways will be, PES 4 life

FIFA has undoubtedly improved. I liked 2003, never played 2004 but it sounds like it took a massive step backwards. Messed about a bit with 2005 but I just can't help comparing it to PES, which it isn't now and I can't see it being for a long, long time.

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 13 2004, 08:25 AM
Here we go...........

If in doubt, or don't have anything much to say you can always slag of English Rugby.

I cannot believe we are called an arrogant nation..........

Latest posts