• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fiji name initial World Cup squad

Bit harsh on him, all he's saying is that he's committed to Leinster as a club, and if they need him during the WC he'll play for them.

I don't know the first thing about 9/10'ths of those players and I am guessing neither does the Springbok coaching staff which is why they are probably a big threat; a big, fast side (I assume) with a huge unknown factor.

I don't know the first thing about 9/10'ths of those players and I am guessing neither does the Springbok coaching staff which is why they are probably a big threat; a big, fast side (I assume) with a huge unknown factor.

I think Fiji and Samoa will rest against South Africa and try and focus on Wales

like Fiji did against Australia in the last RWC

and Samoa also in 2007 against South Africa

Last edited:
Samoa play south Africa last soo if it's matter of they must beat them to qualify for the next round then they'll be at full strength. Fiji draw South Africa before they play Wales and Samoa soo it'd be wise for them to rest key players for that game.

Samoa will target the Fiji and Wales game. Lucky for Samoa they have Namibia first up. Will use this as a warm up to Wales unless Namibia pulls out an upset.

Samoa's final pool game against South Africa should be a beauty. They will give it there all and no holds barred. This should be an inteesting game as South Africa may rest a lot of there players depending if they have qualified first or not in the pool heading in to this game. Could be a good time to topple the defending world champions...

Hasn't he been playing centre for Toulouse? Even with his pace, I'd say he's more use there as a runner.

I don't know about that. The long range try he scored in that Semi v Clermont shows he still has the pace.

[video=youtube;Lfa_DzbgP_s&start=480&rel=0</pre>]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfa_DzbgP_s&start=480&rel=0[/video]

I don't know about that. The long range try he scored in that Semi v Clermont shows he still has the pace.

[video=youtube;Lfa_DzbgP_s&start=480&rel=0</pre>]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfa_DzbgP_s&start=480&rel=0[/video]

I realise that, I was just saying that he's not a small guy, so probably wouldn't go amiss at 13. Depends who else they would want to put in the squad though I suppose.

I didn't realise that Caucau was Spiderman

How anyone can hold onto a (wet) ball with one hand, above his head, while getting tackled must have superpowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realise that Caucau was Spiderman

How anyone can hold onto a (wet) ball with one hand, above his head, while getting tackled must have superpowers:

As a Samoan fan, Im really happy he will not be featuring for Fiji for their crunch game at the world cup. On the flipside though, Im really disappointed to see him wasted on the world stage. He promised soo much with his showing at the 2003 RWC but has since been M.I.A on the world stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samoa play south Africa last soo if it's matter of they must beat them to qualify for the next round then they'll be at full strength. Fiji draw South Africa before they play Wales and Samoa soo it'd be wise for them to rest key players for that game.

Samoa will target the Fiji and Wales game. Lucky for Samoa they have Namibia first up. Will use this as a warm up to Wales unless Namibia pulls out an upset.

Samoa's final pool game against South Africa should be a beauty. They will give it there all and no holds barred. This should be an inteesting game as South Africa may rest a lot of there players depending if they have qualified first or not in the pool heading in to this game. Could be a good time to topple the defending world champions...

That last Samao VS SA game is going to be very tough. I expect SA might rest a few key players if they are in a good position and that might just be what Samao needs..

Read that last article, it's an absolut shame about Nacewa. He's probably the best 15 playing in the Northern Hemisphere and I'm sure Fiji could use someone with as much first-class experience as him.

That said I hope either Fiji or Samoa come out 2nd in their group... Or worst comes to worst give Wales and South Africa an absolute battering :lol:

Pool D - Pool of Death!! Nice to see the IRB hand South Africa and Wales a favourable draw with 6 days rest after there first games while Fiji and Samoa only have four days..... At least both teams have Namibia to warm up with before the battle of the pacific at Eden Park which is going to be one of the best games to watch.

I'm picking either Fiji or Samoa beating Wales and South Africa to lose to Wales!! Meaning it will come down to the final game between Wales and Fiji. I don't think South Africa will be resting any players when they play Samoa, if they want to top the pool, they will need to play there best and it could come down to this game for them.

Pick for Fiji vs Samoa - A close game but I truly think that Samoa's tight five will be too strong (I'm Samoan). Samoa 25 Fiji 23.

That last Samao VS SA game is going to be very tough. I expect SA might rest a few key players if they are in a good position and that might just be what Samao needs..

samoa have played south africa at their last two world cups and both times got thrashed, i have a feeling thats gonna happen again, i hope one of the island teams go through though and i hope they do beat SA but i don't think so

samoa have played south africa at their last two world cups and both times got thrashed, i have a feeling thats gonna happen again, i hope one of the island teams go through though and i hope they do beat SA but i don't think so
Samoa will put up a better fight if they are at full strength and they have yet to qualify for the next round come time they have to play them in their final pool game. They will play with nothing to lose while South Africa will probably rest key players as Im confident they will have qualified for the next round by the time they play.

Well last time they played there were about 50 Samoans in the crowd. This time there will be at least 10,000 and I will be one of them. I'm sure there will be around the same number of South Africans seeing that the game is played over the shore. I remember the game clearly! Samoa were right in it till the last 20 minutes where South Africa ran away with it. Some dubious calls but no excuses. This time around I know it will be a lot closer and I'm licking my lips at the thought of Henry Tuilagi running straight in to Burger and co.. Seeing as the Fijians are playing them first, there will be some sore and battered bodies in the South African camp. Right for the picking!!

Latest posts