International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
very Strong, and with a few moths together.......:

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3887_52105,00.html

Fiji's training squad

Forwards: Leeroy Atalifo, Isei Colati, Tevita Cavubati, Taniela Koroi, Sunia Koto, Sisa Koyamaibole, Isireli Ledua, Wame Lewaravu, Campese Ma'afu, Masi Matadigo, Apisai Naikatini, Leone Nakarawa, Nemani Nagusa, Akapusi Qera, Jone Qovu, Api Ratuniyarawa, Peni Ravai, Malakai Ravulo, Kirwan Sanday, Manasa Saulo, Nemia Soqeta, Nemani Talei, Tuapati Talemaitoga, Viliame Veikoso, Dominiko Waqaniburotu, Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Peceli Yato.

Backs: Seremia Bai, Sireli Bobo, Lepani Botia, Adriu Delai, Isoa Donaldson, Vereniki Goneva, Nemia Kenatale, Gabby Lovobalavu, Jone Macilai, Benidito Masilevu, Nikola Matawalu, Josh Matavesi, Kini Murimurivalu, Waisea, Napolioni Nalaga, Nemani Nadolo, Jonetani Ralulu, Savenaca Rawaca, John Stewart, Metuisela Talebula, Asaeli Tikoirotuma, Eroni Vasiteri, Samisoni Viriviri, Serupepeli Vularika, Albert Vulivuli, Watisoni Votu.

Injured: Timoci Nagusa, Alipate Ratini, Henry Seniloli

Think they will beat one of big three in the group at the World Cup probably Wales.

Their backline looks so dangerous, it's crazy to think that players like Samu Kerevi, Tevita Kuridrani, Henry Speight and Waisake Naholo could have been eligible for them too if they hadn't made commitments to other nations.

Don't seem to have many forwards that I know of besides Ma'afu, Nakarawa and Qera.

This is the extended squad. The squad will change for their two tests against NZ Maori as well apparently. Fiji have good outside backs and good loose forwards but we usually don't have good tight forwards and a fly half. Warratahs Fly Half/Fullback Ben Volavola has declared himself eligable for Fiji though so thats good news for us. I read somewhere Seniloli is recovered from his injury too. But thats the difference between Fiji and Samoa, Samoa can compete with bigger teams cause they have tight forwards and a decent First five to control the game, we just rely on flair

- - - Updated - - -

lol that would be funny if he's already signed the contract with Glasgow with them thinking he's gonna play for Scotland then he ends up playing for Fiji anyway. Doesn't necessarily mean he's gonna play for Fiji though, I remember something similar happened with Radike Samo in 2004. Samo was named in the Pacific Islands team but still ended up playing for Australia. I can understand why Naiyaravoro would want to play for Fiji though. He's 23 and not guaranteed he'd ever make a world cup if he turns down this one, esp being a winger. He might not even make the Scotland team. Just can't take it for granted, Josh Matavesi kind of learned that lesson when he chose club rugby over the 2011 world cup.

- - - Updated - - -

No Nathan Hughes.
Shame.

Yeah man we lost Nathan Hughes and we lost Samu Vunisa to Italy as well. Vunisa was really good when he used to play for Taranaki, don't know why he'd choose to play for Italy over the country of his birth. If it was a team like NZ or England sure but Italy?

Last edited:
Good backline, hopefully there 10 has a good tournament, dont know much about him..

Have to say, I really hope Bobo makes it to the RWC. Fiji are stocked with great wing talent, but Bobo has looked great every time he has stepped out for Fiji even at the age of 39. Still has some very serious gas. No idea how well he is playing with La Rochelle though.

Scottish Union will be spitting feathers - they were targeting him as a Scotland cap :lol:

Seems a strange choice as he won't be getting picked for Australia whilst playing in the NH for Glasgow for which he's signed a three year contract.

Maybe he has a clause in his contract saying if the wallabies pick up he will stay in aus? Who knows?

lol that would be funny if he's already signed the contract with Glasgow with them thinking he's gonna play for Scotland then he ends up playing for Fiji anyway. Doesn't necessarily mean he's gonna play for Fiji though, I remember something similar happened with Radike Samo in 2004. Samo was named in the Pacific Islands team but still ended up playing for Australia. I can understand why Naiyaravoro would want to play for Fiji though. He's 23 and not guaranteed he'd ever make a world cup if he turns down this one, esp being a winger. He might not even make the Scotland team. Just can't take it for granted, Josh Matavesi kind of learned that lesson when he chose club rugby over the 2011 world cup.

you see clearly my friend.
http://fijilive.com/sports/rugby/news/2015/07/taqele-relishes-wallabies-selection/36856.Fijilive

contrary to Naiyaravoro, Volavola would make his debut with fiji against maori ABs test

Fiji look particularly strong coming into this WC. Nayacalevu and Yato had outstanding breakthrough seasons for their clubs in France (well, Nayacalevu had been good last season too), and others like Talebula, Nalaga, Matavesi, Matadigo and Naqarawa are still playing very well. There are many players I don't know, so I couldn't evaluate their halfback pairing and their front row, but the rest is looking very, very good.
In any other pool they would have more than a chance of reaching the QFs. Unfortunately I can't see them beating two out of Wales, England and Australia.

Out of players I know, one can easily come up with a very good starting XV: Talebula, Nadolo, Nayacalevu, Bai, Nalaga, (some 10 and some 9), Matadigo, Qera, Yato, Nakarawa, (and someone to complete the tight forwards).

I really hope they can reach the third spot (it would be funny to see Wales having to play WC qualifiers)

Latest posts