• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FIJI vs Wales

I am proud to be a rugby fan today. A home nations have been defeated, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Fijians made a fantastic structured rugby all along the game. Koyamaibole had a fantastic game, as Qera and Naevo. The Fijian forwards were better than the Welsh.

Great victory for Fiji, and a great result for rugby in general. Real shame about Little, hope it's not too bad.

Great victory for Fiji, and a great result for rugby in general. Real shame about Little, hope it's not too bad.
[/b]

Finally the game the World Cup has been waiting for!

Wales out of the World Cup

Canada getting their ass tapped by Australia

Somebody kill me now.
(Better yet, somebody dress Jenkins up as a Klansman & leave him in the middle of South Central LA)

shot fiji :bana: really good performance..this game reminds me of when samoa beat wales back in 91 n 99 rwc..really good start n finish :bravo: :bravo: ..

go get some more :cheers:

go fiji go!!

very proud islander!!

ummm... to me its not just a game, its just the way i was bought up and the town im from, welsh rugby is what we live and die for!!

its who we are

this is the lowest day of following the national side :(

Well im not suprised really. Fiji are a very good side and deserved the win in my view.

Now Gareth, you said "Judge me on the World Cup". You didnt reach the quarter finals, never playing particularly well all tournament. Your time is up and so is your whole backroom staff consisting of yes men.

I really hope John Kirwan is interested in taking charge, we need a coach how has no axes to grind or no bias. John Kirwan is our man.

We need more than a new coach! We need to change the way the game is developed in Wales! We've become a nation of watching rugby rather than playing it. A dearth of good young players coming through, they all prefer playing football. And the fact that all the rugby regions are bunkered down in a small strip of South Wales is ridicilous - they're not doing anything to mine the rest of the country for talent. Teams from the south won't even travel up to play those in the north.

Baah! (*starting to sound like my grandfather*)

:bana: TO all the haters who said I was being optimistic....kiss my optimistic ass.... :bleh!: :bleh!: :bleh!: :bleh!: :bleh!: :bleh!: :bleh!: :bleh!:
speacialy teh mate and other talking crap.

Oh if only Shanklin had passed earlie in the first minute. Wales were embarresing today, absolutly shocking. Farewell Gareth Jenkins. Got to say it though, Fiji play dirty. Should really have been more sin-bins. But well done to them

What a load of Southern Hem BullS**t couldnt give it to FIJI if the REF tryed! a total load of balls

I think that Northern Hem needs to pull out of all rugby as southern play a different way and Rules to North?

cmon wales!!

keep your chin up boys!!

proud to be welsh!!

it makes me cry thinking of wales!!

i love being welsh

i love wales!!

Gareth Jenkins has to go. And, although I hate to say it, so does Gareth Thomas. Despite a decent performance today, he just hasn't played that well overall in the tournament. Congrats to him for winning his 100th cap.

Fiji were just immense today. I couldn't believe my eyes when Delasau scored his cracker of a try (I have doubts as to whether he grounded the ball), and then the second half fight-back, which lasted about 15 minutes, it was definitely a classic. And someone had to lose, and at the end of the day, Fiji were the better team.

Like Bob Symmonds and Will Greenwood were saying, today was just another example of the Northern Hemishpere being smashed in the physical aspect of the game. The Southern Hemisphere are miles ahead of us, and something needs to be done to sort it out. If we don't hurry up, we (the Northern Hemisphere teams) are going to be left for dead.

A note on Nicky Little. I thought he had a fantastic game today. His goal kicking was excellent, minus the one that was too long for him, and it was really sad to see him suffer what looks like a sick injury.

This game gave me a migraine. So many twists and turns my head was overheating.

And only Andy Robinson / Charlie "the mouse" Hodgeson give me migraines.

That and chocolate.

I`m not surprised too,but the game surprised me,it was a great game,the most interesting game on this world cup.congratulatins Fiji,really great team :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Easily the most exciting match of the tournament. I had to record it and then play catch up, but it was every bit as exhilerating as could have possibly been hoped for.

I have some great Welsh friends, but I couldn't help jumping out of my seat when Fiji went over for what proved to be the winning try.

Fiji were lucky not to have had more than one man binned, but on the flipside they played some magical rugby. Where has Delasau come from? Watched him in an earlier match and thought he was terrible; today, everything he touched turned to gold. Or Kava.

The one man I really felt for was Martyn Williams. He was magnificent, and really didn't desevre to be on the losing side. And Shane Williams come to think of it. Had Wales actually given him more ball, the score could have been very different.

The emotion of rugby at it's best though. Simply stunning.

I was hoping for a Wales win, but delighted Fiji took it - they dominated the last 15. The intercept was cruel, but what a way to come back. And then to NOT kick it out on full time!

Incredible when you think that Wales had set piece domination, which is usually their weakness.

Commiserations to Wales fans - you may be in good company by this time tomorrow: imagine if all the celtic nations go out at the POOL STAGE !? :blink:

Epic game, best of the World cup so far.
I'm sad for my welsh friends. Wales could have won with a little more concentration in the first 30 minutes.