• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First impressions of the game

For those of you that want to play with nz, aus and sa teams I wouldn't recommend the game as the depth isn't there nor are the franchises linked to the domestic team eg Blues being linked with Auckland (players play for both although only the best play for the Blues).

If you want to manage northern teams then the game is great. I really like the different tactical options and think this can be developed a lot in the future with more parameters simmed. It might be nice for there to be a slider to determine kicking frequency? The aerial side of the game is often the key in wet conditions and could add another dimension in the battle for territory.

Is the team that made the game likely to release any patches in the coming months? I will write a more detailed review when I have been playing the game at least a couple of weeks. There are not that many reviews out there on the internet yet.

The best editor i have ever seen is the football manager editor if RUTM had something like that was it would be great. If you've not seen it you can edit everything that is on the game swap players from team to team create new competitions, teams, players and staff.

Reviews

No I think they would all love a copy :)
All here really appreciate you and the others on TRF who are getting behind the game. Please tell your friends, and if possible put up a review on Steam, it all helps.
Many thanks Dave
Good idea. Do you think my family would be annoyed if I got a copy for each of them?

No I think they would all love a copy :)
All here really appreciate you and the others on TRF who are getting behind the game. Please tell your friends, and if possible put up a review on Steam, it all helps.
Many thanks Dave

No worries at all. I think after recent Rugby Management games, fans are a little wary of any new release. RUTM is a game changer though and it is exciting that we now have a quality game. I will definitely be spreading the word!

It is great to see that you have made my club The EP Kings as bad as they actually are in real life!

Hope I'm not alone in this, but it would be great if someone could upload a video showing a bit more of the gameplay. I didn't get much of a sense of the game mechanics from the trailer video and I'd love to see how the matches work in a little more detail.

I purchased Pro Rugby Manager 2015 and I was incredibly annoyed with how bad it was. Is this game worth it ?

I purchased Pro Rugby Manager 2015 and I was incredibly annoyed with how bad it was. Is this game worth it ?

It is a good game, definitely worth it and as you will see from other posts, fans have a real input and are listened to. It is on a totally different planet to Pro Rugby Manager!

It's a good game, considering the poor offer of this kind of game, I playing with managerial games from many years. I was really happy with RUM series and it's of course a good base to improve this game.
I would like to see as new improvements a better AI from other teams during the game, not regens when players retired a better use of Academy and Colts.
Also the the necessary work to is the improvement of players potential calibre, not only best colt players....
I know its no so easy to do for developers, but i continuing to support you.
I will trying to modify with editor Italian Eccellenza clubs and other things...(Ranger of Montpellier is a world calibre player....)

The more I play this the more addictive it becomes. Its hard to get your head around the intricacies (especially to someone like me who isn't a union fan particularly) but once you do the rewards are there to play the game how you like. I love playing expansive, open rugby although I often get absolutely battered as a consequence. Really, really excellent game made and published by people who really care about their product.

I agree - the more one plays it, the more addictive it becomes. I think the engine is working much better since yesterday's patch.

I agree, the new patch has really made a huge (and positive) difference to the game.

Have people found that the other club managers have strong tactical strengths? Does it feel like you are playing a tactically wise team? Are there differences in tactics between countries or different types of players from each eg big Argentinian and SAfrican forwards, flairy French backs etc?

Haven't noticed variation in styles of play. I think the tactical side of the game could be developed with options to expose opponents' weaknesses and tactics to avoid exposure to ones own weaknesses. With a strong pack and good kicking number 10 in my current team it would be nice to be able to kick for territory more than the default as my backs lack attacking abilities. I'm sure the creators hope to build on the solid platform with more tactical stuff. Football Manager style sliders would be cool.

With the new updates, I am finding that this game just keeps getting better and better.

Only a couple matches in with my first save but enjoying it so far, keen to see how the season(s) develop. Would definitely recommend!

have you ever fought that having a simple editor just means they are using something from the 90s wow we can change names and attributes

you cant even edit finances transfer players and ****

christ even pro rugby manager has a better editor and thats saying something

Latest posts