• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First was Stephen Myler...

Not a signing to get excited about. He has scored a lot of tries but defensively he is far from the greatest. His positional sense is abysmal (luckily enough for him he's quick enough to make up for it) and his one on one tackling is ordinary. He is very, very stupid. He gives away some of the most ridiculous penalties and I swear if you shone a torch into his ears, his eyes would light up.

He's very, very quick, but if you've signed him up as a full back Saints fans you're in for a let down unless he learns, and learns quickly.

We'll let him partner Darren Fox then. I'm sure they'll get on like a house on fire. Conversation won't be up to much, but they can affectionately headbutt each other in times of trouble.

His tackling is quite good, it's his positioning which lets him down in defence. Supposedly Northampton will be paying him £140,000 a year, which Wigan wouldn't have been able to fit under the salary cap. I am sad to see this one leave Wigan as he was a bright young prospect and I am especially sad to see him leave the sport. This has been Wigans problem for a number of years now. We produce cracking talent only to let them go and see them shine at other clubs.

His tackling is quite good, it's his positioning which lets him down in defence. Supposedly Northampton will be paying him £140,000 a year, which Wigan wouldn't have been able to fit under the salary cap. I am sad to see this one leave Wigan as he was a bright young prospect and I am especially sad to see him leave the sport. This has been Wigans problem for a number of years now. We produce cracking talent only to let them go and see them shine at other clubs. [/b]

It's not stopped you before....

badaam-tish! anyway - i've heard alot of voices say that he should have stayed with wigan a few more years taken their offer and could have then gotten a better deal from RU - then again from a purely financial standpoint i guess in my currency approx. $300,000 a year for a player of either code to turn down is one hefty sum - personally i wish we could pay RL and RU players more - they take a physical beating week in and week out during the season, then again realism kicks in...plus the salaries they earn make me respect them all the more...

This £140k is all only spouting from the Wigan side though and they're all making a lot of noise up there calling him a Judas etc. So I'd take iut with a pinch of salt; It sounds very similar to the crap that get's spouted about Spencers salary.

-if- that 140k is true then it would have been a big chunk out of their total cap to keep him...nearly impossible - what do you think he's making Teh Mite - i doubt the deal's under 100k...

Personally, I'd wager that it's closer to the £70k mark, which is still a massive chunk of the cap, but he's already a proven finisher so there's nothing so far to say he's not worth it.

If he scores 12 trys next season in all competitions he definately is.

<div class='quotemain'>
They're just a bunch of salary cap breaking mutants.
[/b]

Still only broke the cap half the amount of times Saints have. [/b][/quote]

Stop trying to cover up your own cheating by bringing us into it.

I have to admit watching this game on Sky sports now, the Wigan fans are doing nothing to endeer themselves. Not much of a fan if you boo your own players really now are you?

Didn't see the match as I was working. It says in the bbc report on the internet that it was the Hull fans that where booing Ashton, but that could be a typical BBC mistake.

I watched it on Sky, it was deffo the Wigan fans. Even the commentator mentionerd it was all coming from a big group of Wigan fans. Strangely enough, they all stopped when he crossed the whitewash.

Odd that.

wigan fans probably feel let down - if they're upset they should be able to voice their dissent - rather have passion at games even if it is negative.

People are talking about the money he is going to get. The extremes are that he is getting under £20,000 a year at Wigan (not bad for a 19 year old) and will be gettin 140,000 at Northampton (don't know if this is annuall or for the whole of his contract). However, he has the potential to grecieve that in league within a few years without the general assumption that a Northern lad going from League to Union is ' selling out'.

There's no way Northampton will be paying $140,000 on their own when they're already supposedly playing Spencer £250,000 and have just signed Van Nierkerk for £200,000 p/a, it's more then likely the total package is worth that much with player sponsorship and other benifits such as housing totaling to that much.

All the talk about this figure though has come from the Wigan camp (more spicifically, the mouthy ******** who is chairman at Wigan), not Northampton. All that's happening is Wigan are making him look like a judas to bring them some free publicity; Funny how more people watched the game last night then normally do both at the stadium and on TV.

All the talk about this figure though has come from the Wigan camp (more specifically, the mouthy ******** who is chairman at Wigan), not Northampton. All that's happening is Wigan are making him look like a judas to bring them some free publicity; Funny how more people watched the game last night then normally do both at the stadium and on TV. [/b]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn:

You're going to be a great addition to League when you get to a game!

Funny how more people watched the game last night then normally do both at the stadium and on TV.
[/b]

Dunno about viewing figures but the attendance wasn't anything out of the norm.

Latest posts