• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Board

No.

TFF remains in place until the domain name expires. It costs me money to run TRF and TFF. TFF is a perfectly useable forum. If you can't be bothered to take 25 seconds of your time to register for a new board run by TRF, something you all support so much, then you don't deserve to talk about football to be perfectly honest.

I am not budging on this. I haven't for a year and I won't for the coming year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 6 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No.

TFF remains in place until the domain name expires. It costs me money to run TRF and TFF. TFF is a perfectly useable forum. If you can't be bothered to take 25 seconds of your time to register for a new board run by TRF, something you all support so much, then you don't deserve to talk about football to be perfectly honest.

I am not budging on this. I haven't for a year and I won't for the coming year.[/b]

It's not just a question of taking 25 seconds or however long it takes to register and that's it, you need to spend time and post there, and to be honest and I'd say I'm speaking for the vast majority of members on TRF that that's time they'd rather spend here. So if TFF is to thrive it would be to the detriment of this place.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Nov 4 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Because this a Rugby Forum, and the Football Focus is a Football Forum...[/b]

Then shouldn't the posters be mainly football fans and not rugby fans? I think that a lot of the people on here aren't avid soccer fans but still want to comment on big sporting events such as major tournaments. I think the idea of creating a forum for the purpose of rugby fans to discuss soccer (which is how I have interpreted it, excuse me if I am wrong) is unnecessary and a sub forum on here would be more appropriate.

It's not though, it's a football forum in its own right. A sister site to TRF.

Having a football subsection on here, directly in competition with the whole "TRF network expansion scheme" (I just made that name up!) would be like taking a leaf directly from the British Leyland school of business sense.

Dan, how much money did it cost to get the 2 year thing and how many days left till it expires?

I just had a look at registering and it said your not taking any members, hopefully this can be sorted as i was hoping to get involved and try and give this football forum a go plus i could tempt a few people to join also.

I had to take it offline due to the sheer amount of spambots attacking the board on a daily basis.

If I can get a fix to the problem then I'll consider bringing it back online, but the lack of interest is so much so I might as well just let it go and reopen the football section on TRF in June.

It doesn't work like that though unfortunately. I can't pay off godaddy to get shut of that domain name. It will go into snapback. We'll just have to wait for that unfortunate process and remove all links when it does happen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 7 2008, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Nov 4 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because this a Rugby Forum, and the Football Focus is a Football Forum...[/b]

Then shouldn't the posters be mainly football fans and not rugby fans? I think that a lot of the people on here aren't avid soccer fans but still want to comment on big sporting events such as major tournaments. I think the idea of creating a forum for the purpose of rugby fans to discuss soccer (which is how I have interpreted it, excuse me if I am wrong) is unnecessary and a sub forum on here would be more appropriate.
[/b][/quote]
Exactly, all I want to do regarding Soccer is abuse Mike Ashley and his 9 year old Thai callboy loving sidekick Dennis Wise twice a week... hardly worth the effort of signing up for a new forum for that. The majority of "Soccer" fans here are just Chelsea or Man Utd bandwagon fans because they saw they were on top the of table during the news once, not really a major potential audience for a full blown soccer forum.

I acted on the information I had to hand. I felt that the football side of things was good and could run as its own forum, which I would expand upon. I intended to build a branch of forums but I haven't had the backing, so that one has gone for the chop.

I would have posted on this football forum and will do if there is some debate to be had. I just got automatically confused at the register page.

I already post on a lot of football forums myself, particularly Liverpool ones (I even moderate one) and to be brutally honest, I like football just as much as I like rugby. They are my two loves. My two hobbies. My two interests if you like.

Oh well. I'd be willing to post in this new football focus sub-forum (??). And I hope that this is enough of a success for people to appreciate or maybe rethink the idea that you did have beforehand SHRLFC.