• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football is better than Rugby - FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a million dollar home isn't "better" than your council flat? Because one has been sold more than the other?

Ugh I just wanna sleep stop the **** posts.

But football is the million dollar home compared to Rugby, facts.

RugbyIsAwful just sent me an excellent picture depicting the tactics of association football... I have provided it below for the benefit of everyone:

tumblr_m6kjgbWwsq1ryb203o1_500.jpg

More tactical than you'll get in Rugby. You really aren't funny and it's sad because you're trying so hard.

some times yes and some times no

Football - 88 FA Cup final or the 2011 conference play off final (didn't actaully make the match but have see video) had amazing atmosphere.....loosing 2-1 to Croyden....not the best atmosphere

Rugby - the 98 NPC final with otago or even the 99 Super Rugby final we lost were both AMZAING games to be stationed on the terrace.....getting wasted by the chettahs this year (or most of the other games)...not so much

the world isn't balck and white dude

Can't be bothered to quarrel with you as you're probably a sound lad.

bye.

Can't be bothered to quarrel with you as you're probably a sound lad.

bye.

Wow, finally a post of yours that I can actually agree with...Jabby is indeed a sound lad.....though the lad's sounds need some work...Nickleback....Jabby really.....LOL here come Iain and Olly HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow, finally a post of yours that I can actually agree with...Jabby is indeed a sound lad.....though the lad's sounds need some work...Nickleback....Jabby really.....LOL here come Iain and Olly HAHAHAHAHAHA.

any bloke to make it out of puberty named "Chad" deserves our respect

everyone knows Salieri was the real talent by the way

Last edited:
This 'Rugby is not passionate' rubbish is getting on my nerves. Case in point: Wales vs England 2013

The atmosphere that day was just incredible, fans of both sides happily mingling all over Cardiff and it boiled to a fever pitch under the closed roof of the Millennium Stadium. All throughout the game you had this huge buzz of excitement with plenty of songs going round too (admittedly, not too much of 'Swing Low' though :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMuEDuVi58

I would have put the entire extended highlights up, but you don;t seem all that interested in rugby. Just listen to the crowd in the first minute as Wales hammer the English line, then the eruption at the first try at 4mins, and the build up for the 2nd try from 9 mins onwards (definitely can't say that what Justin Tipuric, guy in the blue scrum cap, did isn't skilful!). And then the sheer crowd jubilation for the rest of it. Tell me that that isn't passion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuaMv5wqTt0

Both anthems blasted out superbly too. That passionate enough for you fella?

Wasn't just in Cardiff too, this is where I watched the match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWsTTRIF52g

Cracking atmosphere, loads of banter between the English and Welsh (two biggest nationalities at Swansea Uni). The lads dressed as knights are the English guys from the Uni Rugby Team and the Miners are the Welsh boys. Funnily enough, none look all that potato like?
Had a great night out afterwards with a mixture of Welsh, English and Irish fans!

So should I send you my address for you to send the £50 you offered in your first post? ;)

any bloke to make it out of puberty named "Chad" deserves our respect

everyone knows Salieri was the real talent by the way

Play.......Salieri.......puuuuuhhhhhwhhhuuppppp

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh he's gone? :(
Ten bucks says it's Izzy Dagg trolling the community for the lulz.

I should add, the Wimbledon video is about more than a football game for those that dont know our history and so not really a good example of football in general

Brazilian police have detained one man and were seeking two others in the killing of a referee who was gruesomely quartered and beheaded after fatally stabbing a player on the field during a match.

Officer Valter Costa, who was heading the investigation into the June 30 slayings, said police have detained Luis Moraes Souza, 27, who is suspected of pummeling the referee over the head and smashing a bottle of cachaca sugarcane rum onto his face.

Souza's brother, Francisco, is among the two still being sought, Costa said.

The match took place June 30 at Pius XII stadium in Maranhao, northeastern Brazil.
The slayings began after the 20-year-old referee, Otavio Jordao da Silva, expelled player Josemir Santos Abreu, 31, from an amateur match in the small town of Centro do Meio, in the northern state of Maranhao.

Angered by the expulsion, Abreu threw Silva to the ground. As he rose, Silva pulled a knife and stabbed Abreu in the chest, Costa said, and the player died on the way to the hospital.

Players and spectators then rushed Silva, tying him up by his arms and legs while Souza hit him over the head with a spike and then broke the bottle on his face. One of the suspects being sought, a man nicknamed 'Pirolo,' then took the knife that had been used to stab Abreu and stabbed the referee in the neck, said Costa.

It was not immediately clear why Silva had been carrying the knife in the first place.

Souza's brother Francisco then used a sickle to cut off Silva's arms, legs and head, which he placed on a spike in the middle of the field, Costa said. He added that Francisco may have been on drugs at the time.

The mob showed no mercy as they quartered and decapitated the referee and then placed his head on a stake.
Costa said violence was unusual in Centro de Meio, a remote rural community with little crime. He said those involved in the slayings were all from neighboring towns.

While violent clashes between rival fans is common in Brazil, the brutality of the killings in Centro de Meio sent shockwaves through Brazil, which last month played host to the Confederations Cup and is gearing up to host next year's World Cup soccer tournament.

Paulo Storani, a professor and security expert who spent three decades in Rio's police forces, called the slayings 'an isolated incident' and said they don't reflect on Brazil's ability to ensure security at during the World Cup.

'It's something that's completely out of the ordinary which took place in an isolated area of the poorest state in the country, an area where violence is very widespread,' said Storani. 'While it's true we are used to soccer violence in Brazil, this is completely off the charts of what we usually see.'
A video shows the damage the mob did to Catanhede Jordan, but it is exceptionally graphic.
Valter Costa, police chief of Santa Ines, released a statement about the investigation.

'Reports of witnesses have indicated some people that were in place at the time of the fact,' he said. 'We will identify and hold accountable all those involved. A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2357453/Brazilian-referee-beheaded-Angry-fans-head-stake-stabbing-player.html

How come rugby can't have passion like this?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2357453/Brazilian-referee-beheaded-Angry-fans-head-stake-stabbing-player.html

How come rugby can't have passion like this?!
[/COLOR][/LEFT]
Passion bro, passion.

Best we get is a couple of punch ups eh. Soccer gets all the good'uns...

Passion bro, passion.

Best we get is a couple of punch ups eh. Soccer gets all the good'uns...

Not sure that is necessarily true judging by the big fight at the pre season friendly between Biarritz and UBB!! Synegaehel remains non playing due to crushed cheeck bone whilst he and the other prop were banned for three weeks and each club fined 5k euro a piece for not controlling their players who all joined in a 30 man dust up that lasted a minute or two!!

PS A cash strapped Biarritz are looking for donations to pay the fine as they cannot afford it......PM for my bank account details!!

I'd like to point out that this is actually where the fat kid who couldn't play rugby went.

2Q==

my, my....there is a.....LOT of literature on this thread. I see entire paragraphs, I see points 1) 2) 3) 4) 5)...etc...I mean, I wouldn't expect any less from such a profound topic but, I must extend that I am...well, impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts