• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Mbappé doing his annual extracting more
From PSG. I am pretty sure it's another ploy and he'll end up staying and signing an even bigger contract.

Wigan has been served winding up papers. Unless you are a huge commercial brand it seems sport is going to be a tough place to survive.

Good, but expected win for England. Pleased that TAA was tried in midfield and had his hand in two of the goals and scored. Hopefully gets another chance tomorrow night v NM. Ideally, Southgate would play a box midfield like Pep, Klopp and Arteta do v the big sides. Would like to see Stones step up from centre back and push Jude and another - no doubt Southgate will choose Rice, but would prefer Foden there.

Scotland bringing Haaland back down to earth with a very good win away. 3 wins out of 3. Should at least finish second in the group assuming they can keep results ticking along.

Wales - oh dear v Armenia. Lots of unhappy Welsh fans pointing the blame at Page.

ROI - poor defeat v Greece won't help them get out of their q. group containing Netherlands and France.

NI - lost to Denmark.

Finally the 3 Amigos I wanted to see of Rashford, Kane and Saka start and score in the first half.

Edit:
7-0 in the end. Completely dominated NM. Saka MOTM with a hat-trick. His second being the pick of them.

Celebrate Euro 2020 GIF by England
Three Lions Goal GIF by England

Last edited:
England become European under 21 Champions without conceding a goal whole tournament.

Edit: Great double save at end by Trafford from the late penalty. That is what is needed at Senior level in the shootouts at Euros and World Cup.

Last edited:

Colwill definitely even if he doesn't start for Chelsea next season regularly. Not like Maguire is for Man U unless he moves.

Very sad listening to Gary Neville interview Dele Ali. Always have so much respect to guys who come out and speak about this kind of stuff. Thankfully it sounds like he's in a lot better place now and hopefully he can get back to his best for Everton next season.

The sports washing of Saudi Arabia continuing a pace with the signing of many a player and paying them silly money - now potentially Henderson going to Gerrard managed club and possibly Fabinho. No doubt part and parcel trying to getting a World Cup bid ready.

Probably not a good idea to offer a loan deal for a player when other clubs know they have £105m burning a hole in their pocket.

Mbappé doing his annual extracting more
From PSG. I am pretty sure it's another ploy and he'll end up staying and signing an even bigger contract.

Saudi club putting in a €300m bid for him. Absolutely obscene. I'm losing interest in a sport that's totally lost any sense of reality.

Saudi club putting in a €300m bid for him. Absolutely obscene. I'm losing interest in a sport that's totally lost any sense of reality.
Apparently that's just for one season, plus wages as well before he goes free to Real Madrid. Yeh, Saudi buying up a load of European talent with their oil money to sports wash their image and in the long term buy hosting the World Cup after Qatar.

You've got to love penalty shootouts….. when your team's not involved.