• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Uhhhhhhh
It's bad.
2-0 embarrassment to japan and 0-0 draw to Saudi's rotated squad.

Guys just don't have any life when they put on the US jersey. Aaronson and Adams don't look anything like they do at Leeds. Gregg the bald fraud isn't even choosing the best MLS players. Jordan pefok is the best American striker but can't get in the squad. Hopefully the stakes of the cup get the guys to wake up but the camp doesn't seem like a good place right now.
Looks like all 3 of the main contenders for the group are coming in with form issues. Wales got relegated from their nations league group as well. I have no idea about Iran's form.

Prima-facie, based on rankings, I would think it would be England and USA 1-2 to go through, to play Senegal or the Netherlands in round 16.
But then getting through the group stage is a mini tournament in itself.

3 hat tricks in a row for Haaland a d he got 2 more assists...just ridiculous.

Watched the first half. But yeh City are different league to everyone else with Haaland. Good to see Foden getting a hat-rick as well, if it bodes well for England.

Happy Premier League GIF by Play Sports

Leeds got screwed. I know now to hate the premier league and everything is fixed.

Only seen these highlights. Which bit were they screwed?

VAR taking away Bamford's goal. VAR then took away a penalty+red after Magalhães kicked Bramford in the box. He should have had a yellow earlier in the game for twat behavior as well.

VAR taking away Bamford's goal. VAR then took away a penalty+red after Magalhães kicked Bramford in the box. He should have had a yellow earlier in the game for twat behavior as well.
Can only go by highlights and slow motion makes it look worse than it was, but I thought his legs got tangled and Bramford made a meal out of it.

Can only go by highlights and slow motion makes it look worse than it was, but I thought his legs got tangled and Bramford made a meal out of it.
as a lifelong Leeds fan since the signing of Aaronson I will refuse to believe that a hammer would ever make a meal out of it

Nah, leans into Gabriel for the overruled goal and then runs into him at the end and totally overreacts.

Very happy with yesterday's win v Citeh. Especially Gomez who had a great game v VVD and both shut down Haaland.

Gomez especially after his bad injury and getting mauled v Napoli.

Liverpool 1-0 Man City: 'Why Liverpool had to wait for Joe Gomez to get back to his best' - Martin Keown analysis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63278637

With James almost certainly out and Walker just had groin op and not certain to make it either; Gomez, TAA and Ben White should be in at least in the provisional squad Southgate is due to announce this week.

Last edited:
will win the European cup. And be back big time next season.
Would be happy with top 4 by end of this season right now.

Need to restock midfield. Rumour of going after Frenkie de Jong in January if Barca do end up getting knocked out of CL. And would love Bellingham next summer, but he'll be damn expensive, plus other big clubs after him will drive up his price, especially if he has a decent World Cup.

Would be happy with top 4 by end of this season right now.

Need to restock midfield. Rumour of going after Frenkie de Jong in January if Barca do end up getting knocked out of CL. And would love Bellingham next summer, but he'll be damn expensive, plus other big clubs after him will drive up his price, especially if he has a decent World Cup.
Some people seem to think a right back is needed too. No way !.

Cannot watch the West Ham game. Only channel I don't have access to, Amazon. Radio Merseyside for me.

Cannot watch the West Ham game. Only channel I don't have access to, Amazon. Radio Merseyside for me.
Lucky to get away with a 1-0 win, but happy to take it. Credit to West Ham who improved massively in the second half and missed pen in the first half. Great save from Allison.

Latest posts