• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Would've preferred Everton to go down but happy to see the back of Leicester. Will be interesting to see how next season goes. Will Arsenal be as good? Will the highly annoying Klopp get Liverpool back in the mix? Will UTD push for the ***le? Hard to see anyone catching City

Would've preferred Everton to go down but happy to see the back of Leicester. Will be interesting to see how next season goes. Will Arsenal be as good? Will the highly annoying Klopp get Liverpool back in the mix? Will UTD push for the ***le? Hard to see anyone catching City
Bit harsh, did the whole Leicester squad come round and **** in your coffee or something? They are former champions which is more than the Everton, West Ham and others who have been in the premiership can claim.

Will the highly annoying Klopp get Liverpool back in the mix? Will UTD push for the ***le? Hard to see anyone catching City
You're clearly not a Liverpool fan. But to answer your question depends on if he can rebuild the midfield. Letting go of Wijnaldum and Mané and not properly replacing them and top players not performing (Fabinho, VVD, TAA, Salah) and injuries to key players like Thiago Diaz and Jota really hurt the team over the course of the season.

Man U - clearly need a bigger and better squad to last the pace. Otherwise they won't push for any ***le. This season shows the depth just wasn't there. Be surprised if they don't get a thumping in the FA cup final.

And yes, City have the best squad which is why they have a great chance at the treble. But even they will need add to their squad this summer.
Bit harsh, did the whole Leicester squad come round and **** in your coffee or something? They are former champions which is more than the Everton, West Ham and others who have been in the premiership can claim.

End of the day they didn't deserve to stay up over the course of 38 games. Football is tribal so it is ingrained for other fans to dislike and take pleasure in another's demise.

Meh. I don't really care. Mainly based off a few experiences of Leicester fans. Same for Liverpool ones, especially online.

You're clearly not a Liverpool fan. But to answer your question depends on if he can rebuild the midfield. Letting go of Wijnaldum and Mané and not properly replacing them and top players not performing (Fabinho, VVD, TAA, Salah) and injuries to key players like Thiago Diaz and Jota really hurt the team over the course of the season.

Man U - clearly need a bigger and better squad to last the pace. Otherwise they won't push for any ***le. This season shows the depth just wasn't there. Be surprised if they don't get a thumping in the FA cup final.

And yes, City have the best squad which is why they have a great chance at the treble. But even they will need add to their squad this summer.

End of the day they didn't deserve to stay up over the course of 38 games. Football is tribal so it is ingrained for other fans to dislike and take pleasure in another's demise.
No not a Liverpool fan. I don't really care much about it either way and I have more of a problem with Klopp than I do Liverpool FC which is why I only mentioned any negativity in relation to him and not the club. I can see how you'd love him if he was your manager but I'm not a fan, as a neutral he comes across as a complete prick most of the time, especially on the sideline.

No not a Liverpool fan. I don't really care much about it either way and I have more of a problem with Klopp than I do Liverpool FC which is why I only mentioned any negativity in relation to him and not the club. I can see how you'd love him if he was your manager but I'm not a fan, as a neutral he comes across as a complete prick most of the time, especially on the sideline.
He went a bit far recently criticising the ref v Spurs and got rightly punished for it. I thought at the time he'd gone too far. But he's the best manager Liverpool have had since Dalglish pre -Hillsborough. Won everything for Liverpool in the club game. Now he has to prove he can rebuild the side like Fergie did with Man U. Can't compete with City which is why his next signings have to be spot on. Liverpool fans love him.

He went a bit far recently criticising the ref v Spurs and got rightly punished for it. I thought at the time he'd gone too far. But he's the best manager Liverpool have had since Dalglish pre -Hillsborough. Won everything for Liverpool in the club game. Now he has to prove he can rebuild the side like Fergie did with Man U. Can't compete with City which is why his next signings have to be spot on. Liverpool fans love him.
Oh yeah, even with my limited knowledge you can tell he's a world class coach but just a massive bell end but then to be fair this isn't a unique quality among football managers

Oh yeah, even with my limited knowledge you can tell he's a world class coach but just a massive bell end but then to be fair this isn't a unique quality among football managers
He's not. Good man and lot of charisma who has a great will to win. A massive bell end is someone like Allardyce who comes out with crap like he's got as good a knowledge as Pep and Klopp when he has nothing to back that statement up in terms of medals and got sacked by England after 1 game.

He's not. Good man and lot of charisma who has a great will to win. A massive bell end is someone like Allardyce who comes out with crap like he's got as good a knowledge as Pep and Klopp when he has nothing to back that statement up in terms of medals and got sacked by England after 1 game.
Nah mate. He's a prick. The way he carries on the sideline spitting with rage is like a child (I appreciate this isn't unique to him but he takes it to another level) the constant blaming of referees when most managers show more class post match is another thing that makes him a prick as well, the most recent being against Tottenham with a novice in charge in Mason that you would've thought an experienced coach like Klopp would show more integrity and decency but that's a big ask for him. That was a game he won as well. He's got previous for this as well, I think he got sent off against City earlier in the year as well for screaming at an assistant.

A lot of it is a cultural problem in football but Klopp epitomises everything wrong about said culture.

Nah mate. He's a prick. The way he carries on the sideline spitting with rage is like a child (I appreciate this isn't unique to him but he takes it to another level) the constant blaming of referees when most managers show more class post match is another thing that makes him a prick as well, the most recent being against Tottenham with a novice in charge in Mason that you would've thought an experienced coach like Klopp would show more integrity and decency but that's a big ask for him. That was a game he won as well. He's got previous for this as well, I think he got sent off against City earlier in the year as well for screaming at an assistant.

A lot of it is a cultural problem in football but Klopp epitomises everything wrong about said culture.
Well that's your opinion. Agree to disagree.

Although I see your point (stupid Eddie Howe with his class) that's only two managers out of twenty. It'll be interesting to see if he's still showing class when there's some real expectation on him next season.

Although I see your point (stupid Eddie Howe with his class) that's only two managers out of twenty. It'll be interesting to see if he's still showing class when there's some real expectation on him next season.
It's levels though. Klopp at one end and then Eddie Howe and what's his name at the other. None of them are perfect but some, like Klopp, are a lot worse than others.

I would say a lot of hate of Liverpool clouds the judgement of their current manager. Had plenty of "heated discussions" with ignorant football fans who just want to hate on the club because of their success in the 1970s and 1980s and they blame them for English clubs getting banned because of Heysel and think Hillsborough was some kind of Karma. Hence why the "always the victim" is spouted as a dog whistle to other haters. That's my personal take on it.

I would say a lot of hate of Liverpool clouds the judgement of their current manager. Had plenty of "heated discussions" with ignorant football fans who just want to hate on the club because of their success in the 1970s and 1980s and they blame them for English clubs getting banned because of Heysel and think Hillsborough was some kind of Karma. Hence why the "always the victim" is spouted as a dog whistle to other haters. That's my personal take on it.
Do you really find it hard to believe that some people find Klopp's antics unbearable and that has nothing to do with a hatred towards Liverpool or Heysel or anything like that?

Do you really find it hard to believe that some people find Klopp's antics unbearable and that has nothing to do with a hatred towards Liverpool or Heysel or anything like that?
Klopp is passionate. You tell me any other manager who doesn't give it and support his team on touch line and yes sometimes he goes a bit far. I have said it and he's been punished for it.

And yes, had plenty of peeps on other discussion forums who do use a pop at Liverpool and use their hatred of Liverpool, their fans, Klopp because underlying there is a history of dislike of the club. As seen when some fans took great offence at booing of national anthem before Brentford game. Legitimate protest IMO.

It's a tribal game but the way of our society to have a hate figure/ someone to blame dislike. But at least do so for football reasons.

Klopp is passionate. You tell me any other manager who doesn't give it and support his team on touch line and yes sometimes he goes a bit far. I have said it and he's been punished for it.

And yes, had plenty of peeps on other discussion forums who do use a pop at Liverpool and use their hatred of Liverpool, their fans, Klopp because underlying there is a history of dislike of the club. As seen when some fans took great offence at booing of national anthem before Brentford game. Legitimate protest IMO.

It's a tribal game but the way of our society to have a hate figure/ someone to blame dislike. But at least do so for football reasons.
I'm sure some do but as long as I'm not lumped in with those people that's fine. I think he's the worst in the league for his "passion" it's almost an every game occurrence with him where he goes to far but rarely gets pulled up on it. He should've served several bans in his premier league stint but hasn't. You'd think the guy is on drugs the way he carries on, literally gurning with rage and screaming at refs, inferring that they are cheats because Liverpool didn't win a game (or did as covered by the city and Tottenham games this season that he stil had to kick off with). As I say, every manager do this to a degree but Klopp is next level and stands alone

Great coach, could even be a great guy out side of the game but he comes across as a bell end of the highest order from what I see.

I liked the fact Liverpool boo'd the anthem (obviously lol) and I have no problem with Liverpool, on a footballing side I was pleased they challenged City over the last few years and in seasons gone by they've been a joy to watch.

Who are these classy managers you speak of?
Though he's new I would, at the moment, definitely add Ten Haag to the list. I like the cut of his jib.

Was watching MOTD last night and forgot that Roy Hodgson is in charge of Palace, he's a classy guy. Not in a job at the moment but Potter is also a classy guy.

Really though, when talking about managers that show more class than Klopp it's every manager in the league.

Latest posts