• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forever Strong vs Invictus

J

jawmalawm24

I'm just assuming that because Invictus is based on the RWC 95 it'll appeal to the SAF fans more whereas Forever Strong might appeal to everyone. So which would be better to watch first?

Invictus.

If I recall, Forever Strong looked like a pile of ****.

Figures for the sake of figures:

Invictus: 76%
Forever Strong: 32%

on RT

I've seen Invictus but not Forever Strong.
I quite liked Invictus, there's a few sub plots in it which kinda emphasise Mandela's attempts to use rugby (as well as other things) to re-unite the country, which I really liked and thought were effective. Then again I'm interested in the end of Apartheid/start of Mandela's reign because I studied it for my GCSE's.
Rugby scenes aren't bad, the winning drop goal scene is slightly corny, but they're always corny tbh .

Invictus.

Forever strong is the same as any other underdog-fighting-for-approval-sports-film ever made, but with rugby. Though it does include the age old American tradition of doing the haka before a match...

Sounds like Invictus might be the one to go for, for me. I might have to see if I can acquire Forever Strong somehow for a look if nothing else.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 4 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Invictus.

Forever strong is the same as any other underdog-fighting-for-approval-sports-film ever made, but with rugby. Though it does include the age old American tradition of doing the haka before a match...[/b]
Haha, and the All Blacks style jersey and the Baabaa's style jersey.

Latest posts