• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FoxSports Fantasy Rugby World Cup

Interesting, so we play knockouts top 8 people? Could be a chance of an upset. Don't think any of you will catch me overall.

I've got a pretty good play off strategy that will be hard to beat. Might have to move to aussie and claim my 5k I reckon haha.

:lol: ... Really, so it will be an upset if you are beaten huh? ... does your strategy account for injuries to your players in the first few minutes of the match, or perhaps yellow cards issued to one of your players for team infringements?

... what's that called again ... oh yeah ... bad luck :)

... If your strategy involves talking up a good game ... it's right on track ;)

anyway ... Yep, it's a head to head tournament (like the RWC), so yes, anything can happen at the knock out stages, but even if you get knocked out you'd still be a shot for the top spot globally

... one of our guys won the top prize in the Super XV comp actually

Last edited:
Yep, well it's a head to head tournament (like the RWC), so yes, anything can happen at the knock out stages, but even if you get knocked out you'd still be a shot for the top spot globally

Damn, the prize in the super comp is much better i just noticed, good for him. Was he an aussie???

This is the first time i've had a go at this comp. Seem's pretty much a gamble when the squads aren't named and you only have 4 trades.

Damn, the prize in the super comp is much better i just noticed, good for him. Was he an aussie???

This is the first time i've had a go at this comp. Seem's pretty much a gamble when the squads aren't named and you only have 4 trades.

yeah, the guy who won was from ACT, I think the prize was better because the tournament went for longer.

The super tournament also had a wild card that you could use once to change as many of your players as you liked ... I agree about the only 4 transfers making it difficult ... it means you've got to pick players that you know are going to play, instead of the ones that are the best players, plus keep an eye on which teams aren't playing in the next round ... quite a challenge though

:lol: ... Really, so it will be an upset if you are beaten huh? ... does your strategy account for injuries to your players in the first few minutes of the match, or perhaps yellow cards issued to one of your players for team infringements?

... what's that called again ... oh yeah ... bad luck :)

... If your strategy involves talking up a good game ... it's right on track ;)

anyway ... Yep, it's a head to head tournament (like the RWC), so yes, anything can happen at the knock out stages, but even if you get knocked out you'd still be a shot for the top spot globally

Haha yep, you hit the nail on the head!!!

Wait and see any way that's all i'm going to say

Creeping up in the standings and looking pretty good so far for this round :) Is it possible for a minnow nation to take the whole thing!!!

Hey I thought it was knock out from QF onwards?

Shaggy how do you keep winning haha, your average every round!!!

Hey I thought it was knock out from QF onwards?

Shaggy how do you keep winning haha, your average every round!!!

Yeah, I thought so too (it was in the Super Rugby one) ... how do I keep winning ... "A champion team beats a team of champions" :D

EDIT:- just read the rules, and it depends on how the league administrator set it up ... how did you set it up Darwin?

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought so too (it was in the Super Rugby one) ... how do I keep winning ... "A champion team beats a team of champions" :D

EDIT:- just read the rules, and it depends on how the league administrator set it up ... how did you set it up Darwin?

Good question! I assume I just went with the default settings. Looks like it is just round-robin until the final week, then the top two teams play-off.

Shaggy you better keep winning then, because one loss and I wont get to own you in the Final round haha.

Shaggy you better keep winning then, because one loss and I wont get to own you in the Final round haha.

Yep, I was thinking that I might not make it that far :D

... if I do though, i'll gladly take the underdog status :D

heheheh i missed 3 rounds of transfers.... so i'm way down on the table :D for 2 rounds my captain (guildford) didn't play as well as the d!ck I had on the bench to sub him :D so after i sold guildford, he played and scored 100+ points, as captain he would have made 200 points :D BWAHAHAHAAAA

Last edited:
Shaggy you're doing well haha, 1 more game and you'll be in the final!

Prepare for the hammer though, my squad is going to peak in 2 weekend's haha

Last edited:
Shaggy are we playing a final or what? G I was looking forward to taking your team down haha.

I'm 13 points from the top, one good week next week and I could win the whole thing haha.
****** me off that you have to be Aussie to get the 5k. I didn't think I'd get this close to winning so didn't think about it, should have used my cousin's address and claimed to be a aussie resident haha.

Shaggy are we playing a final or what? G I was looking forward to taking your team down haha.

I'm 13 points from the top, one good week next week and I could win the whole thing haha.
****** me off that you have to be Aussie to get the 5k. I didn't think I'd get this close to winning so didn't think about it, should have used my cousin's address and claimed to be a aussie resident haha.

Mate, it doesn't look like we get to play each other ... you've been outscoring me anyway, so I probably would have ended up second anyway.

Good luck shooting for the top global spot anyway - even it will only be a moral victory

Shaggy I would have owned you in the final, but your BF Dan's XV might take me down haha. Pretty pathetic how my team has been so great and a minnow like Dan's XV might spoil the party.

I reckon I will take the whole thing out anyway haha, all I need is a 50 point performance from CJ and a reasonable performance by Piri and i'm a shoe in.

Latest posts