• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FoxSports Fantasy Rugby World Cup

have joined too
(err first post by the way - hi)

does it actually say how many points you get for each activity anywhere?

Welcome!

I don't think it does actually =/
It comes up after each match with a detailed analysis for each player, though (so will say things like: Tackles Broken - 5 - 20pts)

ok i'm in!!!

team: ALL BLACKS

who is the guy from Worcester???

Okay, Shaggy, looks liek we're tied up with very similar backlines and exact 2nd rows, though I suspect you have me in the 2 dissimilarities in the backline (my Ioane and Carter vs your J Fourie and Nalaga). Here's hoping my strategy of picking 'smaller' nation's loosies and an all French front row pays off.. IE it's on!

so can anyone tell me why we have substitutes?
i thought you could swap players round from your bench between matches but don;t seem to be able to

Wait....you're only allowed four transfers per round!?

I just presumed it'd be unlimited like in the 3N

I'm f***ed.

faaark, really?

lol I thought i was going to have a good tournament, currently ranked 159 overall... This will be interesting.

Wait....you're only allowed four transfers per round!?

I just presumed it'd be unlimited like in the 3N

I'm f***ed.

Yeah that makes it hard, plus half the games wont have teams selected before the teams have too be confirmed lol.

Pretty much a guessing game, takes some skill out of it.

My teams going to be hard to beat though haha

Won my first round :D

Manage to cobble together a half decent team - no kicker though :lol:
Fingers crossed that some players from the opening round play and have good matches becauase i had to use my transfers to get rid of players from teams that aren't in this round :(

Okay, Shaggy, looks liek we're tied up with very similar backlines and exact 2nd rows, though I suspect you have me in the 2 dissimilarities in the backline (my Ioane and Carter vs your J Fourie and Nalaga). Here's hoping my strategy of picking 'smaller' nation's loosies and an all French front row pays off.. IE it's on!

Thanks for the game, it looks like I might have just pipped you at the posts ... a good close game, and maybe the the first time in history that XV (shaggy's XV) is greater than XXII Stormer 2010's XXII :D

... it's quite hard picking the team/squad, given that you have to keep an eye on which teams aren't playing in the next round, plus crystal ball gaze into whether the players you've picked will actually make the run on side for their national team, and you only get 4 transfers during the pool stages ... still, I like a challenge :D

Well so far I'm doing ok I guess. I didn't quite understand all the rules around who gets points and how. What the purpose of subs was and the number of transfers per rd. where a little unclear also but I think finished 8th in the TRF comp so all in all I'm still in it.

Subs are only used if the player in the main squad isn't used,
So say you had James O'Connor in your starting XV and then Chris Ashton on the bench - if James O'Connor had to pull out on the day, he'd be subbed (automatically) for Chris Ashton (presuming Ashton actually played)

Well so far I'm doing ok I guess. I didn't quite understand all the rules around who gets points and how. What the purpose of subs was and the number of transfers per rd. where a little unclear also but I think finished 8th in the TRF comp so all in all I'm still in it.

Hey Rusty,

If your question on scoring relates to how the players in your 15 get points, here's a break down

[TABLE="class: ismTable, width: 575"]
<tbody style="background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 14px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">[TR="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Playing 1 - 60 minutes[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Playing more than 60 minutes[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each try[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each try assist[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each try save[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each conversion[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each conversion miss[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each penalty[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each penalty miss[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each drop goal[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each drop goal miss[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Yellow card[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]-5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Red card[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]-15[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each run[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each tackle bust[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each offload[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each linebreak[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each linebreak creates[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each error[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]-3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each tackle made[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each tackle miss[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]-2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each lineout take on own throw[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each lineout steal on opposition throw[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each not straight[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each tight head won, awarded to entire front row[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each tight head lost, awarded to entire front row[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Pilfers[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each turn over forced[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]For each penalty - long arm[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
As for you still being in the TRF league, yes, it's head to head, so each round, you play against one of use, and the winner gets the win points. at the end of pool play, I think the top eight players will play in a knock out phase from the quarter finals, with the winner being determined in the RWC final game.

Hope this helps

I haven't got a full team playing this rround, but I'd be surprised if many people have. Glad I picked picked Tuilagi and Fotuali'i in my team though :D

Made Tuilagi my captain because I didn't have enough transfers to bring in a kicker :D
Hopefully another try or two is on the cards!

Made Tuilagi my captain because I didn't have enough transfers to bring in a kicker :D
Hopefully another try or two is on the cards!

I was considering making him my captain, but in the end went with Cory Jane.... Originally had Dan Carter as captain, but changed when I heard he was in doubt with a back injury - turned out to be a good move as he has just been ruled out!

EDIT: There is Tuliagi's third....

Last edited:
i had pisi, the flyhalf as my captain, now he left the field after 27 minutes, so devastated!!!

My Team is damn injury ravaged

1st round i had Ioane, Matfield, Carter and Sheridan how bad is my luck haha!!!! U should get injury transfers or at least 1 transfer per 3 or 4 injuries!!!!
Still doing ok though this round 170 points all ready, to go with my 58th overall in the 1st round :cool:

Last edited:
Urgh, just realised that Richie Gray isn't playing for Scotland

My lock sub is being used to replace Matfield, but then Gray isn't playing either so I'm going to miss a few points there :(
Hopefully Tuilagi gettong >100 points will cover that

Gray is on the pitch atm, he was a sub, you might get a couple of points

Latest posts