• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France 30-man list

Mignoni is inexperienced and will not be able to play the game that he does with Clermont at the international test level

again - Yachvili deserves a place on the bench for his experience alone plus his distribution isn't that bad it's just that Biarritz usually go with a tactical, forward-oriented game plan rather than with a running one where Mignoni shines with Clermont

How's this for a world cup lineup

15 Clement Poitrenaud14 Christophe Dominici
13 Damien Traille
12 Yannick Jauzion
11 Aurelin Rougerie / Cedric Heymens
10 Frederic Michalak
9 Jean Baptiste-Ellisalde
8 Imanol Harinodorquy
7 Serge Betsen
6 Yannick Nyanga
5 Jerome Thion
4 Fabien Pelous (vc)
3 Oliver Milloud
2 Raphael Ibanez ©
1 Pieter De Villiers

A pretty good side in my opinion, and if anyone was to topple the AB's it would be these blokes

On the positive side of Vermeulen being out, France have another lock in Pape, which gives the squad much better balance.
Chuck, your team looks very good but i'd rather have a combo of Mignoni and Skrela at 9 and 10.

<div class='quotemain'> The only part of game he [Yachvilli] could pretend to be good in is on kickings (gaining distance or up and under), and he didn't show in the last few month good performances there.

Concerning ball in hand game, and distribution, I always found him really too slow and too much predictible.

About Pape's return, has it to be counted as a change in the backup list or is this one is not considered as definitly closed ? In that case, Pape would have a replacent in it (I tend to believe that, as not all of the countries have already published their list). [/b]

Ellisalde and Mignoni are better players. Simple.

And why has France announced its squad so early? Either Laporte is playing a cute game, or he's in chaos. Pffft!

[/b][/quote]

He didn't want to repeat what he has done for the 6N convening 45 players and start eliminating players. This was apparently not appreciated at all during the 6N by the players that were not selected and this complicated the relations among the players. So they decided that they would call 30 players only for the training camp which starts end of June.

I would go with this line up :

15. Poitrenaud (being replaced by Dominici if we are running after the scoreboard or Traille if we are leading)
14. Rougerie
13. Marty (being replaced by Skrela playing inside centre, and Jauzion moving to second centre)
12. Jauzion
11. Heymans or Clerc
10. Michalak (being replaced by Beauxis for kicking)
9. Mignoni
8. Chabal ( replacement : Harinordoquy or Bonnaire)
7. Martin
6. Betsen
5. Thion
4. Pelous ( replaced by Nallet)
3. De Villiers
2. Ibanez (Szarwsesky)
1. Marconnet (Milloud)

Voila

i'd use traille as starting n°13, he's rather devastating ... and for the wings it depends of the match.
i'd put
15. Poitrenaud
14. Clerc
13. Traille
12. Jauzion
11. Heymans
10. Michalak (or skrela ???)
9. Mignioni
8. Chabal
7. Harinordoquy
6. Betsen
5. Thion
4. Pelous
3. De Villier
2. Ibanez (Cap)
1. Marconnet

I can't make my opinion on the FH ... Michalak for his sidesteps and creativity, but Skrela is a better kicker ...

Backline:

15. Poitrenaud
14. Clerc
13. Traille
12. Jauzion
11. Dominici
10. Skrela
9. Mignoni

I can't see a role for Michalak - imagine him lining out against the ABs! But maybe that's the selection to beat everyone ... Beauxis is just a back-up. Elissalde is good, but Mignoni is in first place. All the wingers are good (but you don't want Rougerie keeping his "powder dry" like he did against the ABs years ago). Jauzion/Traille/Marty all good players, but they need to do better, especially Jauz. Full-back selection is thin, but any good winger should be able to play there.

Backrow - Chabal has to start, but Harinordoquy will come in. Betsen is a problem - his form isn't good enough, but he is a great player. Nyanga should be great, but he's been out with injury. Martin and Bonnaire are both good, and France can afford to lose Vermeulen.

This is the area where France rises or falls - the right selection will win the RWC ... and Laporte will get it wrong!

In the front five the selection is good (hoping Marconnet is fully recovered). I wonder about Pelous - will he make it one more time?

France aren't spectacular this time - except Michalak, but he plays like Contepomi: not a man for the long run. There's a lot of quality in the squad, and if they get together and play tough then V-la-F. Hopefully, they'll beat the ABs in the 1/4 final.

Backline:

I can't see a role for Michalak [/b]

hmmm...

actually some people believe that Michalak will start at 10, pushing Skrela to inside centre and Jauzion to no.13...

or Beauxis, Skrela, Traille,

Laporte said that the main concern is to have a good kicking level... so we'll see, but it looks like he want to have good kicking options in the backline...

Vermeulen is replaced by Duseautoir...

i find dussautoir a bit crap ... even if he's done a good end of the season, he's never proved anything at international level

i find dussautoir a bit crap ... even if he's done a good end of the season, he's never proved anything at international level [/b]

true, Laporte always trusted him to perform on teste matches, but so far, he's never been impressive...

<div class='quotemain'> i find dussautoir a bit crap ... even if he's done a good end of the season, he's never proved anything at international level [/b]

true, Laporte always trusted him to perform on teste matches, but so far, he's never been impressive...
[/b][/quote]

i think picking a second row would have been more intelligent as we only have 3. so many back row .... a guy like papé has done few matches with the blue shirt and is not so crap. Laporte said he's gona try Chabal for 2nd row ... isn't it a bit too late for that ?!? + thion and pelous are the starting 2nd row !!!!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> i find dussautoir a bit crap ... even if he's done a good end of the season, he's never proved anything at international level [/b]

[/b][/quote]

i think picking a second row would have been more intelligent as we only have 3. so many back row .... a guy like papé has done few matches with the blue shirt and is not so crap. Laporte said he's gona try Chabal for 2nd row ... isn't it a bit too late for that ?!? + thion and pelous are the starting 2nd row !!!!

[/b][/quote]

I would replace Pelous by Lionel Nallet in the starting locks.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> i find dussautoir a bit crap ... even if he's done a good end of the season, he's never proved anything at international level [/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

i wouldn't, his leader ability is very important. ibanez and pelous are the leaders we need if we want to go far away in the competition

[/b]

I was expecting Pape. Has Chabal played 2nd row before? Martin Corry returned to the second row for England and played well. But the only reason for having Chabal on the pitch is to run with the ball and break bones.

Skrela looked completely confused playing at 12 in the T14 semi final and final.
Michalak is capable of brilliance but he crumbles horribly in big games whereas Skrela is a solid if unspectacular outhalf.
A back row of Martin, Nyanga, and Chabal on form would be nothing short of immense.

Laporte said that the main concern is to have a good kicking level... [/b]

Ah! So that's why he put Traille at #10 against the ABs in November. I was wondering ...

Skrela looks good to me - much better than solid or unspectacular.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> i find dussautoir a bit crap ... even if he's done a good end of the season, he's never proved anything at international level [/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

i wouldn't, his leader ability is very important. ibanez and pelous are the leaders we need if we want to go far away in the competition

[/b][/quote]

I've always found that Pelous leadership skills were questionable but he used to be a very good lock so his presence in the team itself used not to be questionable.

Skrela looked completely confused playing at 12 in the T14 semi final and final.
Michalak is capable of brilliance but he crumbles horribly in big games whereas Skrela is a solid if unspectacular outhalf.
A back row of Martin, Nyanga, and Chabal on form would be nothing short of immense. [/b]

Well I agree with you about the backrow but it looks like Laporte wants to use Chabal as a lock rather than 8.

i think it's a very good list for the world cup but new zealand is better

il aurait du prendre papé à la place de pelous, il n'a plus rien à faire en équipe nationale

Latest posts