• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs Australia 27th August 2023

I think if France figures out how to weather first halves instead of gassing themselves in the first half they should be favorites against anyone except SA. But right now they are probably 4th or 5th.

I think Wales will fancy their chances against Australia. They have some great players, but don't look like they're at all on the same page

Slight glimmers of hope for both in that second half. Glad to see Jalabert showing touches others were talking about.

Wales aren't even all in the same book.
I think if Australia can dramatically improve their discipline and not give away so many kickable penalties they could be dangerous. Their wing attack was very good when they got space.

Australia have a bit of attacking structure if absolutely nothing else, I thought that was the bare minimum to give yourself a chance at reaching a QF but I think it gets them to a Semi. Mad yoke of a world cup.

Australia's scrum dominating, as expected

....ahem
Prop is our strongest position assuming Bell and Tupou are fit. I'd go so far as to say its our only strong position.

Gordon didn't kick for the Rebels all year and admitted he wasn't even physically able to practice all year due to a knee issue. Wouldn't be too hard on the kid for not being an 85%+ kicker. Purely on Eddie for requiring it of him.

Prop is our strongest position assuming Bell and Tupou are fit. I'd go so far as to say its our only strong position.
I've been impresed by the australian scrum.
And by the way, very desapointed by our performance on this sector.
A strange first half to watch, with some quality australians moments.
And a complete different second half.
Perhaps a little tension for that last match before the WC start.

Australia scrum looks good, their attacking structure looks decent. With what wales have shown I dont think it is particularly close, wales have shown no set piece, defensive disaster class agaisnt england, and very little in attack. I think thankfully for them georgia look to have fallen of a bit.

Unless they both just show up and pull something out of a hat this is going to be really ugly for england and wales.

On the brighter side, I guess there is a real shot of 2 pacific island teams in the quarters and and somewhat of a decent chance at the semi, wich would be exciting.