France vs Australia 27th August 2023

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Georgia
Curled up with man'flu, hoping for Jalabert to make me a believer.

France 29 - 23 Australia

France: 15 Thomas Ramos, 14 Damian Penaud, 13 Gael Fickou, 12 Jonathan Danty, 11 Gabin Villiere, 10 Matthieu Jalibert, 9 Antoine Dupont (c), 8 Gregory Alldritt, 7 Charles Ollivon, 6 Francois Cros, 5 Paul Willemse, 4 Thibaud Flament, 3 Uini Atonio, 2 Julien Marchand, 1 Jean-Baptiste Gros

Replacements: 16 Peato Mauvaka, 17 Sebastien Taofifenua, 18 Dorian Aldegheri, 19 Romain Taofifenua, 20 Cameron Woki, 21 Paul Boudehent, 22 Baptiste Couilloud, 23 Melvyn Jaminet

Australia: 15 Andrew Kellaway, 14 Mark Nawaqanitawase, 13 Jordan Petaia, 12 Lalakai Foketi, 11 Suliasi Vunivalu, 10 Carter Gordon, 9 Tate McDermott, 8 Rob Valetini, 7 Fraser McReight, 6 Tom Hooper, 5 Will Skelton (c), 4 Richie Arnold, 3 Taniela Tupou, 2 David Porecki, 1 Angus Bell

Replacements: 16 Matt Faessler, 17 Blake Schoupp, 18 Zane Nonggorr, 19 Matt Philip, 20 Rob Leota, 21 Langi Gleeson, 22 Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, 23 Ben Donaldson

Are there any goal kickers in the aus side other than Gordon?

I noticed James O'Connor has been named in the Baabaas side that's playing in the NH during the rwc, I bet he's been asked to be close by/on the reserves

Just too straightforward for the Wallabies. If France keep shipping points to modest opposition I'm going to have them ranked mentally nearer Scotland than Ireland/Boks.

Just too straightforward for the Wallabies. If France keep shipping points to modest opposition I'm going to have them ranked mentally nearer Scotland than Ireland/Boks.
They've looked like they've got about 40mins of good rugby in them per game in the warmups, the rest of it brainless
I've got them firmly behind SA/Ireland/NZ for the RWC tbh

P
Are there any goal kickers in the aus side other than Gordon?

I noticed James O'Connor has been named in the Baabaas side that's playing in the NH during the rwc, I bet he's been asked to be close by/on the reserves

Don't think so, presumably until Donaldson comes on. Its why I would have taken Reece Hodge. Can play centre, wing, fly half and kick (admittedly more of a distance merchant than accuracy). Seemed to fall out of favour with 2x coaches so they must have their reasons.

On one hand Georgia is clearly in top echelon of teams but on the other Scotland is supposed to be a rwc contender, that first half can't be repeated.
Pretty much yeah, can't go full whack at home, be down at HT v Georgia and think that's the level that'll get you out of pool B without a lot of help.

Should have been a deliberate knock on by France

Latest posts