• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Wales vs Australia (24/09/2023)

our conflating stats here it was 17 unanswered points between 19 and 64 but reality is it was 24 between 19 and 73. your making a point but badly. Probably to make Wales look better

1. Biggar missed the kick, it was 14 unanswered points, a missed penalty and a butchered try opportunity between 40 and 65. That's still pretty dominant.
In that period Fiji turned down a shot at goal.

wondering was why Wales weren't getting a yellow for repeat infringements before the Fiji one. Its why so many were angry at it so considering

Another incident of emotion trumping memory. Noone in the stadium was calling for that on 65, noone after the match in and around the stadium were asking that... the call for that came from social media 12 to 24 hours after the game lol

Also Domechowski was yellow carded for persistent infringements on what 67 mins? That's what you were asking for no?

Adam's, Beard, and Falatau off before 60.

Thomas and Francis off 63 (they usually go off early though)

Biggar and Wainwright off by 70.

You proved my point, Falatau, Beard, Adam's, Wainwright, and Biggar dont leave the field uninjured unless the games going well. The replacements are far lesser quality, and inexperienced.

That's how confident Gatland was that Wales had the job done. But then Gatland is the king of making things look hard.
Thanks for making my point though!

I wasn't taking it personally it was just a preamble before showing you how half of what you were saying was wrong or obfuscations of the facts.
You took my claim of reading studies about lack clarity from memory personally, just letting you know it wasnt about you, you just need to learn not to rely on your memory when it comes to sport, it will fail you the majority of the time

our conflating stats here it was 17 unanswered points between 19 and 64 but reality is it was 24 between 19 and 73. your making a point but badly. Probably to make Wales look better

1. Biggar missed the kick, it was 14 unanswered points, a missed penalty and a butchered try opportunity between 40 and 65. That's still pretty dominant.
In that period Fiji turned down a shot at goal.
You also wrong still between 40 and 65 Wales scored 7 points, the try was scored at min 66

C'mon basic facts mate!

Another incident of emotion trumping memory. Noone in the stadium was calling for that on 65, noone after the match in and around the stadium were asking that... the call for that came from social media 12 to 24 hours after the game lol
go read the match thread

You also wrong still between 40 and 65 Wales scored 7 points, the try was scored at min 66

C'mon basic facts mate!
Ah ok, that's the type of person you are. You arent here to learn and discuss your here to win no matter what.

pat yourself on the back, I posted 65 mins and the try was scored on 20 seconds after the 65th minute. Enjoy your massive victory lol

This is where we end our discussion, enjoy your night

go read the match thread
I dont need to read a match thread, I was in the stadium lol there was no calling for cards, intact the booing started on minute 4, and continued throughout regardless, along with Olay olay olay olay chants from the big French, sorry I mean fijian crowd hahaha

I'd personally say the following is important to consider:
A) it was practically a Welsh second side against Portugal
B) overall performance wise against Fiji we were comfortable until the yellow card where we almost fluffed it. But learning from those mistakes is what matters as I think we would have been more comfortable in how we managed that if we played them now for example. But the performance against Fiji wasn't on the back of a number of great performances so it was still pleasing.

Obviously now let's see where we go with this. We are certainly going to struggle against the big 4, Ireland especially unfortunately since we could play them on a semi.
Wales were fantastic yesterday, I won't deny but to say Wales were comfortable until the YC against Fiji is nonsense, comfortably getting away with repeated cheating to prevent a try and somehow Fiji seeing the first was bonkers had that not have happened it would have been far less than as you put it comfortable, many encounters are ground out by teams slowly applying pressure until it builds and forces yellows at which point it can define a game, Carley denied Fiji that opportunity and proceeded to instantly apply the YC to FiJi without Wales applying very little pressure. I don't want to bring a downer on Wales since that game, they have looked really good especially compared to where they are but please don't try and paint a different picture to the reality.

Ah ok, that's the type of person you are. You arent here to learn and discuss your here to win no matter what.

pat yourself on the back, I posted 65 mins and the try was scored on 20 seconds after the 65th minute. Enjoy your massive victory lol

This is where we end our discussion, enjoy your night
Its exactly the person I am, you claimed to do detailed analysis of the game using software. I'd thought you'd care about getting your stats right. Unless it was bullshit....probably was like your claim to be in the stadium.

Its 2:50 in the afternoon.

Wales were fantastic yesterday, I won't deny but to say Wales were comfortable until the YC against Fiji is nonsense, comfortably getting away with repeated cheating to prevent a try and somehow Fiji seeing the first was bonkers had that not have happened it would have been far less than as you put it comfortable, many encounters are ground out by teams slowly applying pressure until it builds and forces yellows at which point it can define a game, Carley denied Fiji that opportunity and proceeded to instantly apply the YC to FiJi without Wales applying very little pressure. I don't want to bring a downer on Wales since that game, they have looked really good especially compared to where they are but please don't try and paint a different picture to the reality.
I stand by what I said in the way you probably do too. We have different opinions. Ultimately who cares right. Neither of us will change either others mind. Let's just move forward ;)

Interestingly this has been the failing of England for many years. No leadership on the field.
Exactly ....Jones smacks of being a control freak, hence the way he always wanted a yes man as No 10 and never having a real captain.

Exactly ....Jones smacks of being a control freak, hence the way he always wanted a yes man as No 10 and never having a real captain.
Larkham and Gregan would probably disagree with the you.

In all honesty i don't think he can be totally blamed with the issues at the RFU and ARU. Australia have been pretty poor since probably 2015.

The problem with the bias against Fiji, is that it has all happened before in every World Cup......another huge problem is that there are so many rules in Rugby and many are deeply techinical, that any team can get pulled all the time, so while each offense may well be valid, when the strictness is not applied equally, that is when bias is a problem and that was blatant in the Wales Fiji game.

Larkham and Gregan would probably disagree with the you.

In all honesty i don't think he can be totally blamed with the issues at the RFU and ARU. Australia have been pretty poor since probably 2015.
That was then...look what he did to England and now Australia...but maybe u think he made a great English team, they just always had a bit of bad luck and the rub of the green was never that good for them.

Don't get me wrong...anyone who hires him needs sacking....the RFU and the ARU, both need clearing out....The RFU are a sad joke and have been ever since they pushed Woodward out...maybe before, as Woodward was probably a mistake in their eyes...Hell they let Andrew run riot for years, as a thankyou for being the worlds most boring No 10, since the game was invented .....and that old chestnut of playing an exciting attacking 10 vs a yes man boot boy, still hasn't been decided.

Last edited:
I dont need to read a match thread, I was in the stadium lol there was no calling for cards, intact the booing started on minute 4, and continued throughout regardless, along with Olay olay olay olay chants from the big French, sorry I mean fijian crowd hahaha
Obviously the atmosphere is great in the stadium, but honestly it's easier to see the intricacies of the game watching on tv sometimes.

I was watching on S4C and even the Welsh commentators were amazed Wales weren't shown a yellow card earlier in the game + were calling for Liam Williams to ne shown a yellow later on. I was in disbelief when Carly failed to show us a yellow then proceeded to yellow card Fiji a few mins later too.

You're right that Wales dominated the middle half (ish) of that game. However, Fiji's comeback started far earlier than you're claiming. Wales were under the pump, hence the numerous penalties on our own line. That showed a few things imo:
1. Fiji are a bloody good side, full of brutal ball carriers. They brought Botia and Tuisova off the bench, 2 of the besy players in the world, and we struggled to cope.
2. We were knackered after making an insane amount of tackles. It was brave from the Welsh players, but making over 250 tackles in a game v's a physical side like Fiji is asking for trouble.
3. Gatland maybe thouht the game was won and substituted some key players, but as 2 shows, they were probably needed to bring fresh legs onto thr pitch.
4. Wales were (are) still mentally fragile after thr Pivac era. The lead we coughed up vs Aus in Pivac's last game in charge was similar, things like that can affect players. I'm hoping the Aus game will help to address this somewhat going forwards though.

That was then...look what he did to England and now Australia...but maybe u think he made a great English team, they just always had a bit of bad luck and the rub of the green was never that good for them.

Don't get me wrong...anyone who hires him needs sacking....the RFU and the ARU, both need clearing out....The RFU are a sad joke and have been ever since they pushed Woodward out...maybe before, as Woodward was probably a mistake in their eyes...Hell they let Andrew run riot for years, as a thankyou for being the worlds most boring No 10, since the game was invented .....and that old chestnut of playing an exciting attacking 10 vs a yes man boot boy, still hasn't been decided.
Look what he did to England? Undefeated run, world cup final etc. You can level the yes man vs attacking 10 against Lancaster and Borthwick as well then. There's no denying Eddie Jones has ruined his reputation over recent years. However up till 2019 he was considerably better than nearly every England manager we have had.