• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Australia vs Fiji (17/09/2023)

Supporting rugby in this country is such a punish.

Can't believe we talking Carley here, Fiji had their chances and didn't take them v Wales. They did today and held on. Brace definitely had more significant errors today yet Fiji still managed to get the dub. Should be celebrating.

Wales v Australia is massive now. Shame Fiji didn't deny that losing bonus point though. Crucial.
Carley had a shocker....and todays game was much closer than it should have been....Fiji had 2 runaway tries stopped for no reason....

If reports that Skelton and Tupou will be out for the Wales game are true then our world cup is over.

Some nice 3d chess by Eddie Jones. Obviously lost this game so Australia can play England in the quarterfinals.

Carley had a shocker....and todays game was much closer than it should have been....Fiji had 2 runaway tries stopped for no reason....
Not to mention australias try occurring due to cynical play by Arnold.

Kuruvoli was outstanding, not just his goal kicking but his kicks in general play too.

They did miss muntz but not as much as might have been the case without kuruvoli stepping up.

So much for me having Aussie as my dark horse for the tournament. I'm going to have to reevaluate.

This pool has an intriguing mix of two tier one teams on the verge of becoming tier 1 and vice versa even though I think Wales and Aussie will be back. This tournament is poorly timed for them or their squad has been poorly managed into this RWC cycle. Probably a bit of both.

So much for me having Aussie as my dark horse for the tournament. I'm going to have to reevaluate.

This pool has an intriguing mix of two tier one teams on the verge of becoming tier 1 and vice versa even though I think Wales and Aussie will be back. This tournament is poorly timed for them or their squad has been poorly managed into this RWC cycle. Probably a bit of both.
Australia are tier 2 - there is no doubt about it. With Super Rugby in the diabolical state that it is, not much in the way of talent coming through, no movement on addressing systemic issues and an empty bank account there is no way for us improve.

I predict we will be even worse come our home RWC. Lions will beat us by at least 20-30 points each game as well. It could well be the last Lions tour/RWC we ever host.

Australia are tier 2 - there is no doubt about it. With Super Rugby in the diabolical state that it is, not much in the way of talent coming through, no movement on addressing systemic issues and an empty bank account there is no way for us improve.

I predict we will be even worse come our home RWC. Lions will beat us by at least 20-30 points each game as well. It could well be the last Lions tour/RWC we ever host.
Happy Monday mate.

Fantastic win .....but there were still huge decisions, that stank against the Fijians .......anyone should be worried to have to face them .....

Don't despair...u have a lousy coach, who ruined England, who still haven't recovered...plus u played the Fijians, who are now maybe the in the Top 5.....but need a kicker.

Even if could get a decent XV together, there's just no depth, hence the reason Quade Cooper was still getting a run at 35.

Don't despair...u have a lousy coach, who ruined England, who still haven't recovered...plus u played the Fijians, who are now maybe the in the Top 5.....but need a kicker.
Tbf, Eddie hasn't been their five minutes. Rugby in Australia has been going downhill for a while. A lot of interest has gone to the AHL instead and I don't think it's a case of Wales and Australia just playing poor. Fiji have definitely stepped up their game.

Last edited:
Scrum half Kuruvoli (?) apparently just cramped, so should be available for the next key games to kick Fiji to victory (although they need try BP). Unknown if Tuisova is maybe more serious but I don't think they need him as they are fine at centre and wing without him if everyone else is fit.

I'm honestly curious about this, what are people's thoughts on Eddie as a coach then? I get why England fans are not keen, but I don't think he's terrible or anything.

Latest posts