• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Japan vs Chile (10/09/2023)

hi rugby fans , I have one ticket to sell for this game
if you are interested let me know in a private message

Looks like their Rugby team have succeeded where the football team have failed. They haven't qualified for the last two world cups, but the rugby team got to one instead!.

May this help rugby get the attention it deserves over there, so cannot wait for this game.

Chile must restore some pride in South American rugby
Indeed, Argentina were woeful and even with a one man advantage they sucked.

Not for one minute do I buy all this "England were a man down so didn't want to risk running for tries". They were the second worst Tier 1 team today and maybe the tournament so far.

I hope Chile restore pride. Like Richard Richard said in the Bottom episode "Culture"... "It don't matter who won or lost, but how you play the game!".

Argentina cannot apply to that statement and although Chile won't win, they can at least play the game and play it well, doing so with pride and massive effort.

Can't wait to see them play either, I love seeing debutants in this tournament and teams who haven't played in it for a while, which makes it a shame about Spain.

Indeed, Argentina were woeful and even with a one man advantage they sucked.

Not for one minute do I buy all this "England were a man down so didn't want to risk running for tries". They were the second worst Tier 1 team today and maybe the tournament so far.

I hope Chile restore pride. Like Richard Richard said in the Bottom episode "Culture"... "It don't matter who won or lost, but how you play the game!".

Argentina cannot apply to that statement and although Chile won't win, they can at least play the game and play it well, doing so with pride and massive effort.

Can't wait to see them play either, I love seeing debutants in this tournament and teams who haven't played in it for a while, which makes it a shame about Spain.
In that case I seriously question your understanding of this game …

I'll freely admit that England's attack is woeful right now and on recent form we might actually be the second worst Tier 1 country in the tournament (not just one round). However, if you truly think that they should have been trying to play running rugby yesterday night, you're completely deluded.

Sorry if that comes across as dismissive. I want to be respectful and I'm not bigging England up here but your point is massively flawed.

Darcy is such a weird choice for a commentator - surely they could've found someone who played in Japan, or maybe a retired Argentinian player to offer a South American perspective?
He has no link to either side and doesn't seem to have done any research to know who Japan played pre-tournament or how Chile qualified

What a break from the Chilean 15! He's been a livewire so far

Astounded that didn't go forward somehow, great try!

Great try Chile. Are Japan going to be Japaned? Doubt it, but the initial break was some poor defense from Japan.

Latest posts