• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Japan vs Argentina (08/10/2023)

Japan are showing moments, but they've just not hit that pre-covid form. I hope they can soon.

Vamos Pumas! This said, I am sad because Argentina are my favourite team after Wales, and only one of them can win next week. :(

I know the final whistle has gone, but is there a chance the TMO might look at any of the Argentina tries, I do enjoy a Steward's enquiry? 🤔

Congrats to Argentina… as for the QF, what with the Welsh injuries and Arg finding a bit of form as the tourney progresses, bit of a coin flip right now imo.

We're the only team who won a knock out stage who got a try against by a second row after a kick, what an honor

Respect and admiration for Japan love em!

First half was high quality, but wow, what a drop off in quality in that 2nd half. Both teams made silly errors to give the other a platform.

Congrats to Argentina, eventually deserved a quarter final spot, even if it feels like they have performed at 60% so far. Theyve lacked the intensity and physicality they have shown in the RC.

Argentina pack was vicious at the breakdown, and the outside backs ruthless when given a sniff..

I mean this with the greatest of respect, as a Wales fan, I dont really fear Argentina, they dont seem like they are on top form, they made silly errors, especially the set peice and defence.

if Wales manage to slow Argentina at the breakdown I dont think Argentina offer much tbh. Now I've said that Argentina will 100% pull a 2015 quarter like they did v Ireland lol

Japan improved with every game but they again faded towards the end. Joseph got a lot closer to their miracle than I expected. I'd argue Himeno is the only position where they are stronger than 2019. The rest are all about equal with 2019 or weaker. I am not optimistic for Japan in the next cycle, with or without EJ.

Pumas have been a constant disappointment in this tournament. I'm not sure they are much better than Australia.

On that point, I'm not sure they can beat Wales. Wales tend to rise to the occasion in their games and although they don't always win from it, I think it could prove too much for Argentina.

Japan improved with every game but they again faded towards the end. Joseph got a lot closer to their miracle than I expected. I'd argue Himeno is the only position where they are stronger than 2019. The rest are all about equal with 2019 or weaker. I am not optimistic for Japan in the next cycle, with or without EJ.

Pumas have been a constant disappointment in this tournament. I'm not sure they are much better than Australia.
Agree 100%, I think Japan will be a missed opportunity for the game. After the world cup, the game there was set to take off, Covid aside which had a massive impact, I'm still now confident there was ever a plan to tap into that potential

Nah I don't think arg can beat Wales, but the Welsh can't be that confident either, they don't offer much on their own

Nah I don't think arg can beat Wales, but the Welsh can't be that confident either, they don't offer much on their own
Aside from the Argentinian physicality, I dont think much is clicking for them.

Wales game plan thus far seems to be the best way to go at Argentina, allow them ball, keep 14 players on their feet and strike on transition and first phase

I'm saying Wales by 10+ while I'm confident, my prediction will only get worse from here until Saturday haha

Best version of Arg beats the best version of Wales. Average version of Wales will beat the average version of Arg. We've probably got physicality going our way but Wales tends to be tidier, make fewer mistakes and punish teams than make tons of silly ones as we do. We need to have a good evening. I guess 45-55 is fair at this point.

Best version of Arg beats the best version of Wales. Average version of Wales will beat the average version of Arg. We've probably got physicality going our way but Wales tends to be tidier, make fewer mistakes and punish teams than make tons of silly ones as we do. We need to have a good evening. I guess 45-55 is fair at this point.
I think Wales play a much less riskier game, that's why they make few errors, but they also dont score the worldies Argentina are capable of.

As unsaid, I'm confident now, I wont be tomorrow haha

Latest posts