• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Japan vs Argentina (08/10/2023)

Winner goes through by the looks of it. This could be a really interesting game. I hope Argentina win. I want them to do well.

Great decider this is, looking forward to it a lot. Can't help but feel the Argentinian pack are the key- if they can turn this into an ugly game they can sap the energy and tempo of Japan to their favour, however Japan are just a great watch and a great competitor - hope it's a cracker.

Think it's been fab to see the Japanese turn out in the stands again- a QF place would go a long way to keeping that passion burning.

Just have this nagging feeling we will see Argentina in a SF after their slow start v England. Under the radar but very dangerous if they click.

Before the Argentina v England game I was chatting to a couple of Gloucester fans, who were explaining how bad Carreras was as a back up 10 let alone a starter.l, has Sanchez shown much more?

I thought Argentina were coming in hard, but thus far have whimpered their way to 9 points and a winner take all with Japan.

Japan also have looked a shadow of their 2019 best, some forwards looking their age especially in the last 15.

I think Argentina win this by 5-9 points, but I hope Japan can get their phase play going.

I hope Japan wins, but my gut tells me Argentina will. So if I were to bet (which I won't) I'd go with Argentina.

was chatting to a couple of Gloucester fans, who were explaining how bad Carreras was as a back up 10 let alone a starter.
Doesn't he play almost exclusively as a FB for Gloucester? Has he ever started as FH for Gloucester?
To be honest, when i read that comment from the Gloucester fans my first thought was 'how the **** would they know?'. Had to check their website and he is not even listed as a utility back of in several positions.

It is true tho, he's been having a few bad games, granted, but the guy is very good.

It makes sense to have both since they have quite different profiles. Ball in hand Carreras is head and shoulders above Sanchez. Thing is, with Sanchez you know exactly what you are going to get. Depending on the game or the situation in that game, you pick one or the other.
Given that in this game vs Japan (or in all the games coming for that matter) we have no need to risk it from the get go, i suppose it makes sense to start Sanchez and let Carreras jump later and only if needed.

We're +7 points behind and we need a win? I'd pick Carreras. Any day.

12 hours away from the match and I've read all argentinean press to warm up to this game, and it's 70/30 against Carreras starting tomorrow.

If Cheika pulls this one off after such week games, he'll be the hero we don't deserve, and if arg misses, he'll be a moron and probably forsaken outta the country

either way, he has big balls man

Argentina have been pretty poor throughout. I expected them to be far better.

However, as others have said, my heart says Japan, my head says Argentina.

On the basis of what we've seen so far, I'd expect Wales to beat either of them in the QF.

Argentina have been pretty poor throughout. I expected them to be far better.

However, as others have said, my heart says Japan, my head says Argentina.

On the basis of what we've seen so far, I'd expect Wales to beat either of them in the QF.
Same… Argentina have been awful but I've seen enough world cups to think Arg will put something together today. Would like to see Japan get it done though.

I keep waiting and hoping for Argentina to get their act together and click. They just haven't been at the races at this RWC. Tough one to call but I think Japan will sneak it in a tight affair.

Latest posts