• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF1] Wales vs Argentina (14/10/2023)

It would of been mitigated to yellow because tackle was called and he was falling as he had already commited. Wales got let of with a stone cold yellow in the first half as well. Ref was bad, but consistently bad. Argentina just stronger on the day.
100% yellow and no more because of mitigation.

Josh Adams arguably should have got a yellow for his stupid shoulder to the player off the ball for no reason, clearly deliberate.

Dickson and the team just confirmed their tournament is over.

Biggest decision in RWC history outside of Jouberts embarrassment.

Good luck to Argentina in the next round, fingers crossed no other quarter is ruined by a ref decision
Too funny👏🏼👏🏼

Congrats Argentina, deserved winners in the end. After a mixed opening 40 I thought you tightened up in the second and controlled the game.

Wales had chances in the first half and couldn't capitalise on enough of them, mostly due to a malfunctioning lineout. Then we proceeded to cough up 12 easy points just before/after half time for Arg to take the lead. Thought we looked really nervy afterwards and went right into our shells.

We had an oportunity to take the game away from Argentina with Tomos Williams' try, but a poor kick from LRZ trickled dead and we lost field position which we really struggled to regain.

Some mistakes from some inexperienced players finished us off.

Really disapointed that we couldn't at least put an 80min. performance in, but that's been an issue for a long time now! Oh well, we have been shafted by Ire/NZ in the semi had we nicked this game, so we csn at least avoid that humiliation!

Yes, underlines that was the worst group given the winner of it is going home. Gives more confidence that Fiji will disappear tomorrow. Then we'll just have two ruddy ordinary sides clogging up the knockout stages.
This is the sad part for me, either NZ or ireland going home tonight while argentina and england/fiji go on. I will say it made pool c and d more interesting slightly.

The funniest outcome ofcourse is argentina/england/fiji winning the whole thing.

That's the point. Some seem to forget Arg was playing with a penalty advantage at that point. That is why it was so important whether it was foul play or not.
I was fully aware of that (curbed my drinking today)… hence a turning point. It is what it is though. I'm more annoyed at us not doing more when we had the chances.

I'm trying to grow and not blame refs for outcomes… but I thought that was a penalty to Wales at the very 'bottom of the barrel' least.
But, crucially, Wales had plenty of chances and too many errors in that game. That one ref decision is not the main reason we lost. But a turning point at least!
Ive already said i think it should have been a yellow and nothing more. I also think it was yellow or no foul play. If classed as foul play then the starting point would be red due to clear contact direct with head. So mitigated down to yellow or no foul play...he still got it wrong IMH(English)O.

Tbh i wanted Wales to win and we get a NH clear sweep(wasnt likely)

I'm at a loss as to how you can make head contact like that and not have a penalty at least?

So as long as you have a legitimate target you can charge in and swinging arm/shoulder/whatever anyone in between you and the guy you're clearing out? Cool.
Here you go.

Oh come on with the moaning and winging, two teams almost equally good/ bad played and one came up on top, that's it. I thought Wales had it on the first 20 but then arg were able to come back.
Man wouldn't it be funny if next round the match's ends up being more interesting than it looks now

And simulation is a by far worse corruption of rugby morals right, because you cannot play a game of rugby if you do not have that integrity?
Neither are a good advert for the game, if your going to be stupid enough to do that off the ball and late though your kind of asking a player to make of it what they can.

Well if you clip out've context it's the story of any team yet to win a World Cup… congrats on being a douche View attachment 18124
Nah just saying it's always would have, could
Have, should have with Wales. 2011 RWC, 2015, 2019 and now 2023. Close but no cigar. That is knockout rugby for you. And yes it'll be the same for the other 3 QF sides.

Was watching the NZ v France opening game in a pub and got into a convo with a Welsh fan who was telling me about going all the way to NZ in 2011 and he was again moaning "we should have won that" and going all that way for that. I was thinking yeh but Wales didn't. They had their chances but blew it.