• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF1] Argentina vs New Zealand (20/10/2023)

I feel tomorrow will be similar to that game. Like Argentina, we'll be wondering how England got so far.

Let's hope SA win tomorrow and England don't play their final 1 week too early again. Can't imagine a NZ - England final.

I hope the ABs win the final regardless of who gets there. But I also hope their opponent plays to their potential. So far they have lost to France, punished an underperforming QF edition Ireland and spanked a lot of dross.

Pumas must look forward to getting the Jaguares back in 2026 and having that give them a platform for the future. Better to lose three SFs than to never get there.

Let's hope SA win tomorrow and England don't play their final 1 week too early again. Can't imagine a NZ - England final.

That is my fear. I would prefer us to lose against South Africa because they stand a far better chance than us.

We might have one good game in us, but I can't see two. So even if we squeak by South Africa tomorrow, we will get absolutely wrecked by New Zealand in the final.

Come on South Africa!

If SA get through it will be only the 2nd time that NZ meet them in final.
SA 1 - 0 NZ
Licking my lips.

Does anyone rate Christie? He must stand a chance of pulling on a Scotland top for RWC 2027 if Razor can find a couple of better scrummies to replace old man Aaron. :D
Actually, Christie is in the team for his defensive abilities and he showed it with 2 potentially try-saving tackles one after the other.

Btw I never thought it could be so easy to get tickets for the finals, I keep carting tickets just for fun...For the Football World Cup in Qatar the final never really went on sale on the resale portal.

I know people go on and on and on about the nature of the way the draws worked out but if the perceptions are correct, SA comfortably walk to victory over England tomorrow, both teams have had good opportunity to rest players and not almost play the final the week before, by this logic it should lead to a more energetic final than they may have had, if they have had to play their quarter finalist opponents in the semi final, seems to kind of balance out to me.

Last edited:
How is the logistics of the stade de France? A lot of queuing for the train?
Well, honestly we went to France by car,and were rarely using a public transport. I've heard there were crowds in the nearest RER station. Plus,in the evening before the first event,they cancelled almost all the public transport (due to protests),at around 9 pm , but most of fans were ready to spend a night there (they took tents and placed them just near SDF entrances). Some people who were not ready to spend a night there and rented apartments in other areas of Paris,were shocked of course...as they could find uber only at a very expensive price (fortunately we just got back by our car).
Be careful anyway,the area is very dangerous. Plus I can advise you to rent an apartment/find a hotel in the nearest areas,just in case.
Hopefully, everything will be fine and they won't cancel the final:)
(I didn't precise that fans were making queues 2-3 days before the concert to be near the scene in a fanzone,that's definitely not a case for a rugby match,so there won't be that stressful for you anyway)

Actually, Christie is in the team for his defensive abilities and he showed it with 2 potentially try-saving tackles one after the other.
Its what every great team is built on. Solid defensive play at scrum half.

(Sorry, just kidding)

Glad to see someone sticking up for him. I've not seen him play that much but TJ is known for his defensive play and has more going for him. Christie seems pretty limited to me and I'd argue that is absolutely not what the ABs need when they face a superior pack.

Well, honestly we went to France by car,and were rarely using a public transport. I've heard there were crowds in the nearest RER station. Plus,in the evening before the first event,they cancelled almost all the public transport (due to protests),at around 9 pm , but most of fans were ready to spend a night there (they took tents and placed them just near SDF entrances). Some people who were not ready to spend a night there and rented apartments in other areas of Paris,were shocked of course...as they could find uber only at a very expensive price (fortunately we just got back by our car).
Be careful anyway,the area is very dangerous. Plus I can advise you to rent an apartment/find a hotel in the nearest areas,just in case.
Hopefully, everything will be fine and they won't cancel the final:)
(I didn't precise that fans were making queues 2-3 days before the concert to be near the scene in a fanzone,that's definitely not a case for a rugby match,so there won't be that stressful for you anyway)
i have a friend who always let me stay at his flat in the city center, I really don't fancy a place in Saint Denis. I usually go to the Roland Garros and some champion league games in Paris, I never went to the stade a France as I really don't fancy queuing for hours for the train and be in that district.

Thanks anyway for the tips

Brian ODriscoll is such a joy to listen to in the commentary. Great insight into back-play and observations on the pros and cons of both teams👈🥂

Have to say, this World Cup really has had a number of poor games, last week aside, you can probably count the number of memorable games on one hand

Latest posts