• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF1] Argentina vs New Zealand (20/10/2023)

I hope Argentina wins, but New Zealand probably will.

I have been thinking about it, and there's several scenarios in which we come up on top:

1. all of the ABs wifes file for divorce 2h before the game.
2. food poisoning
3. maybe a mild covid case with a dull headache
4 maybe they get drunk

Now, if all these seem impossible, the spanish have a saying: te va a quedar el culo como la bandera de Japón. Translation: your *** is going to be like the japanese flag
so try to picture a bright red sun instead of our gold faced sun, and pretty much that's that for us

In all seriousness, the boys are taking a 12h video analysys of the ABs again, they seem to be growing, if they keep their heads cool and they defend well enough, maybe then we can win this

other than that, japanese flag

Would be typical all blacks these days to lose this one. I'd be half tempted to rest some players for two reasons: 1. More likely the replacement players will have the right attitude 2. If we win we will have fresher players for the final

Argentina have beaten us now under Foster (one of the ABs records he flushed down the toilet), so any previous fear factor is simply no longer an issue for the Pumas. Their confidence level poses a real danger for us if we're not careful, which means we need to field our strongest 23 and play the SF as if it were the final.

Telea reinstated for Leicester is the only change I can see, with one or two changes to the bench. They should be announcing the team tomorrow...

Would be typical all blacks these days to lose this one. I'd be half tempted to rest some players for two reasons: 1. More likely the replacement players will have the right attitude 2. If we win we will have fresher players for the final

I think running out the rested players is the smart and best move here. They played exceptionally well in the games they have had together, and I think in these knock-out games, fresher beats better. Additionally, if we win, then as you say, we turn up to the final fresher than south africa, so that would be massive in the last ten minutes.

Fresher beats better I feel is corroborated by my belief that even if Ireland had shaved it in the last game, they were so out on their feet for the final few minutes, that they would not have been able to go all the way to the 80th minute of the final without resting their players.

Argentina will attempt to take the "B-team" selection as a personal insult and hype themselves up for the game even more, but even if they try that, our players will be fresher, so it won't get them too far.

I also think the fact that Argentina has beaten us twice recently, including at home, is better for us than them. We won't be taking them lightly, and the selected NZ team will know that this game has to be won against formidable opposition.

Fresher beats better I feel is corroborated by my belief that even if Ireland had shaved it in the last game, they were so out on their feet for the final few minutes, that they would not have been able to go all the way to the 80th minute of the final without resting their players.

Argentina will attempt to take the "B-team" selection as a personal insult and hype themselves up for the game even more, but even if they try that, our players
It's a must-win match - not much use having fresh players for the 3rd v 4th play-offs which is where we're headed if we rolled out a "B" selection for the SF.

I see 2 scenarios here, NZ crashing us for 15 or 20 points or the Pumas winning for 5 with suffering, I hope it will be the secondn one and I hope England do their job too.

I'm mostly a neutral person watching rugby, but I've been supporting Argentina this tournament. It would be wonderful if they win. Cheika has beaten the All Blacks before with Argentina. This is neutral territory. No reason it can't happen again. Argentine crowd will play a big role.

Last edited:
New Zealand vs. Argentina. Will be an absolute cakewalk for New Zealand who will win comfortably without having to get out of 3rd gear. Argentina will have a player sent off. And two of New Zealand tries will be obvious forward passes that they get away with.

I re-iterate, unless NZ play their fresh players this will be a mud walk for the AB's. Argie will be as energetic as they can, NZ won't be as up for it as they were against Ireland, this will result in a tight game, NZ very likely to get another yellow somewhere, maybe a red, Argentina kick well and keep NZ pinned in their own half.

If NZ play the rested players on the other hand, Dmac makes 3 clean breaks during the game, Telea runs his way back into contention for the final, Christie looks to confirm his slot as back up, while Roigard off the bench looks to grab a try to promote his case for the final.

"I need to get something off my chest that's been weighing heavily for a few years now. You see, I feel partly responsible the lads loss in 2019.
I might have said on this forum that i didn't see the boys getting out of the group. I totally blew it. My bad.
All i can do now is apologize and say it won't happen again. Help me spread the word across the country.
If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
And if you don't, well, then you won't."

All-the-fvcking-way.
Bring it.

Latest posts