• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF1] Wales vs Argentina (14/10/2023)

We really failed to capitalise when we were on top. Line out went to pieces at 3 important times when 10-0 up. It could have been a different game but the old Wales showed it's ugly face anf we fell to pieces allowing Argentina back in it. Up to 35 mins I'd say we were comfortable but making too many mistakes (Argentina were too). But letting them back in it at half time gave Argentina confidence and they thoroughly deserved the win in the end.

I said it at the time but our bench was not good enough, too much youth and not enough experience.

End of the day we did well in this world cup exceeding expectations in the groups, but came short when it really counted. But overall it's slightly above par for the group stage performance, with some young players really staking a claim for the future.

We would have been comfortably beaten in the semi anyway. So there's that.

Congrats to @Cruz_del_Sur and any other Argentinians on here. You were the better team on the day and deserved the win. Was worried as I could tell from the first 5 mins we weren't at it and annoyingly Argentina looked pretty good. We ****** it that first half, we should've been 20 or so points up at HT and the game is done but we didn't take our chances and gave Argentina some easy ins 2nd half and they took them.

2 pretty bad decisions went against us in the second half but easier to take as I think we have ourselves to blame more for that loss.

Gotta say, congrats to any argentinians on here, deserved semi finalist after a poor start to the tournament. I'll be cheering them on against NZ.

I though we opened up first 30 and Argentin held on for dear life brilliantly, and managed to wrestle the momentum away from us.

Those 3 lineouts, and 2 butchered opportunities in the first half looked like it took the wind out of us. We also totally failed to adjust to Dickson, because I thought we were managing Peyper well.

Dickson bottled a few big calls, Josh Adam's was very lucky, the head clash will be decided 99.9 times out of 100 as a card.

Sadly though, every bad thought I had about the Welsh team came to light, we missed the cool head at 8, the likes of William's, Costello off the bench didnt add to the performance, whereas Sanchez did the opposite.

Noone Wales can blame but themselves though, I thought they're style of play was arrogant, they overplayed and forced LRZ onto the ball in bad situations, their attitude was off, cheap pushes, mouthing off etc. Infact it looked to me that Wales were too pumped and the first half took too much out of them emotionally.

Good news is Dicksons world cup is over, he wont have a chance to ruin another game lol.

Again congrats Argentina and good luck in the semis

Quite a scrappy game at times, but my word, I am so happy for Argentina. They played well coming back to win it. Wales only have themselves to blame.
Argentina are in the semi's. Familiar territory for them. I hope they can achieve a memorable victory against NZ.