• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 Bronze Final] Argentina vs England (27/10/2023)

Looked like he was reacting to something cynical in real time, but then on the replays I couldn't see anything worthy of a reaction.

If he was just getting revenge for his own missed tackle then he's a ******** and can count himself lucky not to have the try overturned.
I don't think the law allows for overturning the try based on what happens after - but I was fully expecting a restart-penalty to Argentina

Congrats England, can' wait to see what the coach will work on and the team he will present for the 6 nations.
I'm officially a big fan of Sam Underhill, Ben Earl and Owen Farell, their commitment to the game and the team is ace.
I'm puzzled by Marcus Smith, I mean the guy is good and you can tell he wants to score that try badly but maybe their need to help him better prepere for his new position/role shoud he remains fullback?

Yes we only lost to one team, but we also only played one team in the top 5. You can't dismiss that england had an easy draw.
But the counter to this is we arnt better than the top 4, we are worse than them at the minute and need to improve, his post was basically that we have worked and done very well at the basics and performed against what is in front of us.

No one is getting carried away, its been a good WC, we improved alot in many areas. We still have a long way to go and France and Ireland in the 6N will likely beat us still, but we can make a real push for 3rd of we can start to add in an attack.

Im just getting abit bored of all the doom and gloom because we arnt actually in a bad place, we just arnt where we want to be yet.

As did SA 4 years ago...noone mentions that.
Lovely example of whataboutism. How does whether people talk about S.A have anything to do with what England achieved? Even if S.A did gave an easier draw, again what does that havr to do with England.

I'm an England fan and I'll always support them, but as I said before I don't enjoy watching them and I don't think they have improved under Borthwick. Any improvement from the summer ignores the backwards steps we took during the 6Ns under Borthwick.
But the counter to this is we arnt better than the top 4, we are worse than them at the minute and need to improve, his post was basically that we have worked and done very well at the basics and performed against what is in front of us.

No one is getting carried away, its been a good WC, we improved alot in many areas. We still have a long way to go and France and Ireland in the 6N will likely beat us still, but we can make a real push for 3rd of we can start to add in an attack.

Im just getting abit bored of all the doom and gloom because we arnt actually in a bad place, we just arnt where we want to be yet.
Maybe the stats will prove me wrong, but I don't think we've done well with the basics. Both scrum and lineout are unreliable. We've missed plenty of 1 on 1 tackles during the tournament. Handling has been ok. I might be all doom and gloom, but I struggle to think of one area where we have consistently been good. Possibly drop goals.

I hope Borthwick and England prove me wrong, but in my eyes we are a negative, boring team who hopes the other team will make more mistakes rather than trying to win ourselves.

Looked like he was reacting to something cynical in real time, but then on the replays I couldn't see anything worthy of a reaction.

If he was just getting revenge for his own missed tackle then he's a ******** and can count himself lucky not to have the try overturned.
Can you overturn a score for something post score if it foul play I thought it had to be before?

Having managed to watch (or at least, be in the same room as) every minute of England's RWC, I've seen all of 1 tactic that is both good and repeated, both repeated within single matches, and across multiple matches.
Marchant shepherding Farrell away from the ref before he gets penalised for the way he talks to ref.s
Obviously, it didn't work every time, but keeping our captain away from the ref was generally a good, much repeated call

Having managed to watch (or at least, be in the same room as) every minute of England's RWC, I've seen all of 1 tactic that is both good and repeated, both repeated within single matches, and across multiple matches.
Marchant shepherding Farrell away from the ref before he gets penalised for the way he talks to ref.s
Obviously, it didn't work every time, but keeping our captain away from the ref was generally a good, much repeated call

Glad Cheika is leaving. His tenure will not be remembered.
So many aspects of this match sum up his tenure:

-again Carreras as a 10, and he had a decent game for the most, but he made two mistakes that cannot be forgiven: the missed kick and the blocked one. We need a real FH
-the reff talk, so much of it and so embarrasing
-not admiting that we can't win games against other tier 1 teams with this many unforced errors. Kremer lost like 5 or 6 balls
-his habit of thiking that if we don't agree with him, we are against him: no, we are against his ideas, that's all
-not developing Lautaro BV properly, when Bertranou clearly wasn't in top shape
-Sánchez should have started this match, if anything, to provide some consistency
-finally, not improving certain areas of our game that were lacking since day 1, like our attack options, defense around breakdown
-why did we attack the center while having two try scoring machines is beyond me

good riddance to bad rubbish

good riddance to bad rubbish
I think that's a pretty harsh reflection on Checks, was only a week ago when your fans were wearing print out masks of his face too. He almost got you a runners up medal and pre-tournament, much like England, not many would have genuinely believed that Argentina would be involved in the finals weekend. Now, I'm not saying he's perfect but I think he's done pretty well overall. I think he improved Argentina; even you conceded that Pumas finished in a better place than they started on the previous page. For me, as long as the incumbent top dog leaves the place in a better position than it was when they started, they have done a good enough job and should be thanked.

Pretty decent game. Argentina had some chances. Really disappointed England scored right after the Argentina try. Just shows again, most important period is after you score. England were just better on the day.

Last edited:

Latest posts