• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] England vs Argentina (09/09/2023)

Tuilagi to come off injured by the 50th minute. Smith comes off the bench to play fullback when the game is already lost and he manages to make the score look respectable….

Assume we still have a few injured. The papers said, Daly, Sinckler, martin, lawes, Lawrence and Lawes all carrying knocks. Not sure how true that is though but not a good start.

Assume we still have a few injured. The papers said, Daly, Sinckler, martin, lawes, Lawrence and Lawes all carrying knocks. Not sure how true that is though but not a good start.
That's rough, could argue all of those are starters, certainly all in the first choice 23

It feels (and I may be wrong here) that SB selected a load of injured, or injury prone players and was quite foolish in his selections.

Might be wrong on this but that's how it feels. But maybe he had no choice.

Plus the lesser spotted Curry. And Arundell who might be available but not 100%.

Add in a couple of suspensions and the general mess we're in and the Argies aren't scenting blood, they're favourites.

It feels (and I may be wrong here) that SB selected a load of injured, or injury prone players and was quite foolish in his selections.

Agreed. Considering the deadline for submitting the final squad was only a week ago England have got an extraordinary number of players in the squad that are not fit to play (or suspended).

You're right.
Too many ageing and injured players, coupled with the suspensions, is pretty worrying.

Plus the lesser spotted Curry. And Arundell who might be available but not 100%.

Add in a couple of suspensions and the general mess we're in and the Argies aren't scenting blood, they're favourites.
Yep. By my count we have 6-8 walking wounded and 2 suspended. Potentially the 23 picks itself because it's the only 23 players we can select from.

He did though?

He didn't have to pick the squad when he did. He had two more chances to make changes when Farrell and Billy got suspended too.

England should win, but I'm more interested in how they respond after the recent tests. They're either going to come out guns blazing or very nervous I imagine.

They're either going to come out guns blazing or very nervous I imagine.
I expect a bit of both, proly a bit more along the former. We need to be meticulous and very risk-averse for the first 25 min. **** possession, territory is king. Avoid silly penalties and no missed tackles. Let desperation kick in and then push back.
Well, that should be the plan. Actual events may vary.

Latest posts