• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF1] Wales vs Argentina (14/10/2023)

Nah just saying it's always would have, could
Have, should have with Wales. 2011 RWC, 2015, 2019 and now 2023. Close but no cigar. That is knockout rugby for you. And yes it'll be the same for the other 3 QF sides.

Was watching the NZ v France opening game in a pub and got into a convo with a Welsh fan who was telling me about going all the way to NZ in 2011 and he was again moaning "we should have won that" and going all that way for that. I was thinking yeh but Wales didn't. They had their chances but blew it.
Look you clipped a post where I was 'advising' people to forgo moaning about refereeing decisions and to pin the blame on Wales. You clipped it to look like something it wasn't… hence my reply.
1697306248776.gif

Where did I complain about it not being a yellow or the reason Wales lost?

Certainly not in the post you quoted. I'm waiting.
not have a penalty at least?
So as long as you have a legitimate target you can charge in and swinging arm/shoulder/whatever anyone in between you and the guy you're clearing out? Cool.

I never said anything about the yellow card my friend. "complaining about not getting what would of been a yellow card" what I said it clearly about not getting the decision in general. Do you also not understand the context of the word atleast there? If its more than a pen its a yellow, so yeah you were complaining, but I get it your a fan. If you want the word yellow specifically you are just an extremely bad faith actor. I get it, its an emotional time, but trying to pretend that wasnt you complaining about a decision that would of only been a yellow card at most is pretty funny.

No doubt, but tbh, I find it all a bit childish and revealing of said person. I am English myself and find it all bit cringe 😅

I agree, I am commentating post game on the events and somes response to blaming referees when it was pretty chalk there in that he was horrible in general, but during it I wanted wales to win, been a feel good story of the tournament considering their form for the year prior, and certainly would never hope for wales, scotland or ireland to lose.

Nah just saying it's always would have, could
Have, should have with Wales. 2011 RWC, 2015, 2019 and now 2023. Close but no cigar. That is knockout rugby for you. And yes it'll be the same for the other 3 QF sides.

Was watching the NZ v France opening game in a pub and got into a convo with a Welsh fan who was telling me about going all the way to NZ in 2011 and he was again moaning "we should have won that" and going all that way for that. I was thinking yeh but Wales didn't. They had their chances but blew it.
2011 is different imo. That was the one that got away. We were playing amazing rugby with a side full of some of the best Welsh players ever. We even played well in that game v France with a man down.

Do we beat NZ in the final? Who knows, but probably not as we picked up quite a few key injuried in that defeat to France.

That one smarts though. 2015, 2019 and today are all due to us not being good enough, 2011 was one mistake by Warbs.

not have a penalty at least?
So as long as you have a legitimate target you can charge in and swinging arm/shoulder/whatever anyone in between you and the guy you're clearing out? Cool.

I never said anything about the yellow card my friend. "complaining about not getting what would of been a yellow card" what I said it clearly about not getting the decision in general. Do you also not understand the context of the word atleast there? If its more than a pen its a yellow, so yeah you were complaining, but I get it your a fan. If you want the word yellow specifically you are just an extremely bad faith actor. I get it, its an emotional time, but trying to pretend that wasnt you complaining about a decision that would of only been a yellow card at most is pretty funny.
The only bad faith actor here is you. See evidence.

Admit you got it wrong or stop pooping up the thread and leave. I never complained about a lack of yellow and I expressly said it was not the reason Wales lost, which you edited out of my quote as it undermines your next point.

Neither are a good advert for the game, if your going to be stupid enough to do that off the ball and late though your kind of asking a player to make of it what they can.
It was a nothing incident; if it had been the other way around I'd not be complaining about a nudge and be critical of my own player for hard simulation. Simulation is a by far worse problem than a tiny bit of ****le. I've expressed similar concerns many times previously in many different threads.

By the way that should have ended with a penalty to Wales (and a warning to Arg about simulation) because of Lavanini charging in and escalating the situation. That has been the case for years outside the world cup. Not that it mattered much.

Last edited:
Haven't seen the game as was playing rugby but condolences to Wales. Thought you'd win that one and frankly were more deserving going into it given what happened in the pools.

It does give me a bit more confidence about England's chances against Fiji though.

Well, I was completely wrong with my prediction.

But so was Matt Dawson and the La Rochelle fan who posts here so that's okay.
So was I. But the Argentinians deserved that win.
But they won't beat either France or SA in the semi's.

So was I. But the Argentinians deserved that win.
But they won't beat either France or SA in the semi's.

Yeah I would say it was impossible considering they play either New Zealand or Ireland in the semis.

Hah suck **** Wales.

Argentina scoring seconds after Biggar absolutely berates the ref with 'holding' while Wales illegal slow the ball down was a work of art.

I thought I'd be more upset today, but I can accept the loss yesterday to the better team.

After watching the NZ v Ire game, I'm even more certain that had we won, it would have been a big loss in the SF. I think Arg will put up a much better fight.

I'm proud of the progress made by the boys after a tough few years. We lost a ton of experience before the tournament when AWJ and Tips retured and Ken go lt injured. Gatland drafted in a lot of young, inexperienced players who would have learnt a huge amount.

The important thing for Welsh rugby is to sort out our domestic game and build a squad for the next 4, 8, 12 years. Build it around the likes of Domachowski, Lake, Tshiunza, Jenkins, Morgan, Reffell, Basham, Wainwright, Costellow, Grady, LRZ, Dyer + plenty of others who didn't make the WC squad like Asseratti, Mathias, Botham, Llewellyn, Kieran Williams, Joe Roberts, Lloyd and plenty of others.

Untimately, this WC was too soon in that cycle for this group. We should only be losing a relatively small number of older players from this group (Biggar, Cawdor, Sanjay, Francis, Faletau, North, Anscombe, Halfpenny, Lydiate); some important players in there of course, but many have either had a lot of recent injury woe or dips in form anyway so we've already started replacing them.