• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Japan vs Chile (10/09/2023)

That was a fun game. Japan got a good win and could potentially upset a few others in the pool. I think Chile played well in till the last 20 minutes where they just ran of energy.

Going to add a Chile jersey to my collection!. Umbro are making some really nice looking stuff lately for rugby. Even better than Macron are and I was impressed with their stuff as well.

A decent game apart from medics coming on for Chile on every stoppage in play....and world rugby are trying to speed the game up. Christ.

Very plucky and well executed by Chile. It was the best I had seen from their fullback and scrumhalf who were both pretty handy and their pack performed to the decent standard I expected. An excellent RWC debut.

I was not overly impressed by Japan despite them easing away. I think they have to gamble on the wunderkind Osada at 12 as they weren't massively creative with Matsuda at 10 and their starting centres. The loss of Himeno (prior to this match) is a further big issue as is playing a couple of wingers at fullback rather Matsushima. On todays evidence I still think Japan may struggle to even finish 3rd in the group.

I just watched this match on demand and really enjoyed it. I'm glad that Chile made it to their first RWC, and I was impressed by Japan's overall play. đź‘Ť

I enjoyed this game. Seeing Chile in the World Cup is great. They really gave heart. Japan were just more clinical.

Latest posts