• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 Bronze Final] Argentina vs England (27/10/2023)

I've a feeling England will win this, something half tangible from this tournament would be good for them.

I believe this goes towards World Cup rankings for the next world cup...so not meaningless and i guess SB will continue with his strongest lineup...give the likes of Courtney etc a final send off.

i would look to get Theo Dan, Ollie Lawrence, Arundel etc on the pitch for a good run though.

I hope Borthwick gives the squad players a run out. Especially Underhill as he's had no game time so far, and Arundell as he's got a shot at being the most try-scoringgest player of the tournament (are you listening, Umaga's witness?)

Ah the match that neither side really wants to play. Personally would have preferred a Plate final to this.

I'd like to see this as the first step to new England. SB picking who he sees from the squad as his 6 Nations team. I'd understand giving Lawes the captains arm band though.

And give Dan a ****** run out for god sake, poor lad.

If I'm in I might watch it but it's a real so what game.

Play all the lads who've sat on the bench and held tackle bags to say thanks. Even Youngs.

Yeah for this game I'd prioritise saying thank you to the guys retiring/going abroad post-tournament. I've seen some people suggest we should use the game to blood youngsters but we've got 4 years to build for 2027; I don't think it'll hurt to show some gratitude to the servants.

Priority 2 would be to win the game. Sure it's a bit of a nothing game but it's still the World Cup; I'd like to see us go out strong.

1. Marler
2. George
3. Cole
4. Itoje
5. Ribbans
6. Lawes
7. Curry
8. Earl
9. Youngs
10. Faz
11. May
12. Tuilagi
13. Marchant
14. Arundell
15. Steward

16. Dan
17. Genge
18. Sinckler
19. Martin
20. Underhill
21. Care
22. Ford
23. Lawrence

Yeah for this game I'd prioritise saying thank you to the guys retiring/going abroad post-tournament. I've seen some people suggest we should use the game to blood youngsters but we've got 4 years to build for 2027; I don't think it'll hurt to show some gratitude to the servants.

Priority 2 would be to win the game. Sure it's a bit of a nothing game but it's still the World Cup; I'd like to see us go out strong.

1. Marler
2. George
3. Cole
4. Itoje
5. Ribbans
6. Lawes
7. Curry
8. Earl
9. Youngs
10. Faz
11. May
12. Tuilagi
13. Marchant
14. Arundell
15. Steward

16. Dan
17. Genge
18. Sinckler
19. Martin
20. Underhill
21. Care
22. Ford
23. Lawrence

I think it would be really poor man mangement not to give Stuart, Rodd, Malins, Walker and Ludlam a roll of the dice. That's not a building for the future thing although most will have some future part to play, it's a thanks for being a part of this squad, even though you didn't get much game time, thing.

1. Marler
2. George
3. Cole
4. Itoje
5. Ribbans
6. Lawes
7. Curry
8. Earl
9. Youngs
10. Faz
11. May
12. Tuilagi
13. Marchant
14. Arundell
15. Steward

16. Dan
17. Genge
18. Sinckler
19. Martin
20. Underhill
21. Care
22. Ford
23. Lawrence
Id go opposite id go
Genge Dan Sinks
George Chessum
Curry Earl Underhill
Mitchell Smith
Lawrence Marchant
Arundell Steward Daly

George
Marler
Cole
Itoje
Lawes
Youngs
Faz
May

Experience on the bench and give them all 30 min at the end to finish the game.

Arg will be fired up for this. When they click it's impossible to stop.

I don't feel Cheika is a good fit for Argentina. Sure, he has won them games, and against NZ in NZ, but I feel someone like Robbie Deans would do better with them. To be honest, I don't really rate him as a really good coach. He is just ok.

Latest posts