• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF1] Argentina vs New Zealand (20/10/2023)

Whoever wins the World Cup is going to have throngs of annoying fans endlessly bragging. That kind of goes with the territory but it's no less annoying.

NZ - "We still da best haha. Fozzie iz good after all."
SA - "We play boring rugby but it's the best kind of rugby. In your face."
ENG - "LOLZZZZZ"

Whoever wins the World Cup is going to have throngs of annoying fans endlessly bragging. That kind of goes with the territory but it's no less annoying.

NZ - "We still da best haha. Fozzie iz good after all."
SA - "We play boring rugby but it's the best kind of rugby. In your face."
ENG - "LOLZZZZZ"
Nope. I can't wait to see the last of Foster. Winning RWC won't erase the damage he's done to the All Blacks historical records.

Im the final you are gonna use the usual tactic to injure the best opposition player after 5 minutes? :)
Hard to do when 'the best player' is, apparently, French.

If you mean an SA player, they're not fragile wee things like BOD. They can take a tackle.
Now I am all for the Springboks which if I am not mistaken have never lost a final to New Zealand :)

In the last 28 years they have lost, a lot, to NZ and we do have the advantage of neutral chefs.

Nah, we already have that in The Championship

It's pretty funny reading this. Poms wanting SA to win because they don't have a chance, Argies played NZ + Angus, Fra - Ire would be a better final, NZ - SA is boring, and all the other utter shite spouted.

Ireland lost - get over it
France lost - get over it
Argentina were second-rate - get over it
The refs are the best in the world - get over yourselves, or get a reffing ticket and show us how fkn great you really are

You know how to make the WC better? Play better.

But you can't. You can only whine and snipe.

The ABs have played a blinder of a tournament, despite losing to France. They've played better than every other team they came up against.

That's how you win WCs

I want SA to win to have decent opposition in the final. England aren't that.

Whichever team wins it, if the match is decent, makes it worthwhile. I'd rather it was us, but if it ends up being SA, it will be because the best team was better on the day.

My dad taught me that when I was seven, along with 'don't be a whiny **** when you lose - it's undignified and unsporting'
Kiwi fan not tired of winning. Shock.

Nah, we already have that in The Championship

It's pretty funny reading this. Poms wanting SA to win because they don't have a chance, Argies played NZ + Angus, Fra - Ire would be a better final, NZ - SA is boring, and all the other utter shite spouted.

Ireland lost - get over it
France lost - get over it
Argentina were second-rate - get over it
The refs are the best in the world - get over yourselves, or get a reffing ticket and show us how fkn great you really are

You know how to make the WC better? Play better.

But you can't. You can only whine and snipe.

The ABs have played a blinder of a tournament, despite losing to France. They've played better than every other team they came up against.

That's how you win WCs

I want SA to win to have decent opposition in the final. England aren't that.

Whichever team wins it, if the match is decent, makes it worthwhile. I'd rather it was us, but if it ends up being SA, it will be because the best team was better on the day.

My dad taught me that when I was seven, along with 'don't be a whiny **** when you lose - it's undignified and unsporting'
Not a single Argentinean complained about Argentina being second rate, the only one who complained was cheika lol

This was a very tough watch. It's embarrassing, not only because of the scoreline, but Argentina never looked like scoring. Some very poor tackling.
All Blacks did nothing really special. I wanted Argentina to do well, they reached the semi-final, but the final score really undid everything up to that point.

Well, I don't agree with that at all, this is a huge result (reaching the semi finals) for argentinean rugby, absolutely massive

On one side, obviously I agree that they played awfully and they have disappointed us massively after showing some improvements the previous week

On the other hand, by bringing argentinean rugby to the semis, they have probably saved argentinean rugby from falling down even harder after covid
let's put basic numbers out there: the nz rugby union spends about 300 mill a year (quick search and article by the NZ Herald) developing players, teams, provincial unions or whatever, making that staff Smith wiggles around during the haka
the budget for the argentina rugby union is 25 million total
the fact that we can field a team able to reach semis (lucky draw included) after almost four years of absolute disaster and a terrible, truly terrible and shameful 2019 (that was truly awful for all of us fans, this year feels like gift compared to that) is a miracle. When we compete, we do it against people who almost triples, quadruples, etc. our yearly budget, with players getting competition once or twice a year as a team and a really hostile environment to raise prospects
all of the kids who looked amazing in 2019 (Miotti, Delguy, Mendy, etc.) had to flee to clubs where they couldn't really develop in the same way they would have had they stayed in Jaguares, even with the unlucky injuries by some of them.
So this defeat against new zealand is regretable because they are better than this and because they effectively stole us from a better semi final (IRE, FRA), but that's life and it doesn't take away from the bigger picture: argentina reaching the semi finals means a lot for a union who has struggled immensely for a long time and needs good results if its going to build something better for the future
I do understand that you mean only in rugby terms and how they were outplayed by the AB's, but I did want to say something positive about this WC before england busts us wide open (again)

Well, I don't agree with that at all, this is a huge result (reaching the semi finals) for argentinean rugby, absolutely massive

On one side, obviously I agree that they played awfully and they have disappointed us massively after showing some improvements the previous week

On the other hand, by bringing argentinean rugby to the semis, they have probably saved argentinean rugby from falling down even harder after covid
let's put basic numbers out there: the nz rugby union spends about 300 mill a year (quick search and article by the NZ Herald) developing players, teams, provincial unions or whatever, making that staff Smith wiggles around during the haka
the budget for the argentina rugby union is 25 million total
the fact that we can field a team able to reach semis (lucky draw included) after almost four years of absolute disaster and a terrible, truly terrible and shameful 2019 (that was truly awful for all of us fans, this year feels like gift compared to that) is a miracle. When we compete, we do it against people who almost triples, quadruples, etc. our yearly budget, with players getting competition once or twice a year as a team and a really hostile environment to raise prospects
all of the kids who looked amazing in 2019 (Miotti, Delguy, Mendy, etc.) had to flee to clubs where they couldn't really develop in the same way they would have had they stayed in Jaguares, even with the unlucky injuries by some of them.
So this defeat against new zealand is regretable because they are better than this and because they effectively stole us from a better semi final (IRE, FRA), but that's life and it doesn't take away from the bigger picture: argentina reaching the semi finals means a lot for a union who has struggled immensely for a long time and needs good results if its going to build something better for the future
I do understand that you mean only in rugby terms and how they were outplayed by the AB's, but I did want to say something positive about this WC before england busts us wide open (again)

Fair enough.

Latest posts