• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF2] Ireland vs New Zealand (14/10/2023)

Might miss the second half of this ine that sucks. Honestly the only excuse for Ireland should be if the idea of getting past a QF somehow gets too much for them. They win this comfortably in most other circumstances.

Rumours of Earl, Henshaw, Hansen and Lowe all being serious doubts for the game.

Something about poetry and history

Rumours of Earl, Henshaw, Hansen and Lowe all being serious doubts for the game.

Something about poetry and history
Lowe's eye injury is potentially more recoverable, but I'd back JOB to fill in for Hansen. as long as you have that 10-12-13, NZ will struggle. I'd worry if Stockdale is needed though, especially on the big stage. When out of confidence, I can see some mistakes coming from him that they just can't afford.

Lowe's eye injury is potentially more recoverable, but I'd back JOB to fill in for Hansen. as long as you have that 10-12-13, NZ will struggle. I'd worry if Stockdale is needed though, especially on the big stage. When out of confidence, I can see some mistakes coming from him that they just can't afford.
Heard that his sight came back again but went again, which is a concern

New Zealand win due to a dodgy decision. Forward pass etc. Sexton goes absolutely mental and attempts to attack the ref. It is a forward pass, but because it is New Zealand they get away with it.

Ireland already won their 'World Cup' by beating South Africa in the pool stage.

We'll show up and not let ourselves down. I back us to win this game 65% of the time but fine margins at al.

I'll have no voice after going to the two Paris QFs this week.

Lowe is a huge part of this setup IMO. Such an intelligent player and adds so much extra outside of standard wing play.

Will wait for the lineups here. A few players out for Ireland and/or in for NZ might swing me away from backing Ireland. But that Irish crowd is also such an influence...

SA team stresse me more then others.
You know that it could potentially be an enterprise of mass destruction of the gameplan you elaborated.

Sorry, wrong thread for my previouse message. :rolleyes:

I want Ireland to win, but I think New Zealand will. I hope I'm wrong. Go Ireland.

Unless Ireland choke, Foster's era ends here, and what a sh!tsh0w it's been. NH fans who don't watch Super Rugby (99% of you I'm guessing) probably think we're exaggerating the amount of difference Razor Robertson would have made, but then you're also underestimating how bad Foster is.

Look at it this way: if Gatland were coaching this AB team, how scared of them would you be considering how mediocre/inconsistent Wales were under Wayne Pivac and how much better Wales look now? I know, it's hard to say without actually seeing them play under him. Crusaders fans will tell you Razor is way better than Gatland, and Foster is definitely worse than Pivac.

Got a horrible feeling NZ are going to fly out the blocks and leave us a bit shellshocked.

When we've beaten them in recent years it has been us who have come out flying and had them play catch-up - think you have to do that against NZ.

Upfront battle will be key - think we've got them there.

Also 60k Irish and probably on our side french will play a big role.

Ireland naming their side on Wednesday instead of Thursday as they don't have a travel day this week

Must be confident in which players are/aren't available

Scotland did better than NZ against France (three times this year) and SA (in their most recent SA matches). I just cannot see the NZ pack giving them much of a platform in this game. Despite a dream start against France the produced little. They could not even impose their will on Uruguay until after 20mins when fitness issues kicked in.

The absence of Lowe, Earls and (in particular) Hansen would hobble Irish scoring potential considerably, possibly enough for things like a yellow card or an intercept try being enough to result in an upset. I have no idea if J'Ob or Stockdale can do a job on the wing but they have not had any game time to enable them to slot in seamlessly.

I'm completely neutral on this match but hope we get to see the first choice XVs go head to head.

Latest posts