• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF2] Ireland vs New Zealand (14/10/2023)

Should be tough. It's a rare case when I like both teams.
I want Ireland to win, but my intuition slightly hints that the winner will be NZ.

Looking forward to this one the most. This is where winning 4 out of their last 6 meetings should give Ireland the edge. Of course can never discount NZ but they can't win this just allowing Ireland constantly winning the collisions and scoring off of turnovers. Those days are well and truly gone.

I see Ireland winning this in an epic and making their first ever RWC semi.

obviously huge game, im no tactical expert but if feel like a real clash of conflicting styles

exceptionally well drilled teamwork v fluid attack from anywhere madness

i think we've seen over the last few years that well drilled teamwork can shut down fluid unstructured attack more times than the other way around....so i tink we're in for a tough one

i think we CAN win...and IF we did then it could be a hiding...if they click...but i think Ireland have the best chance, if its close then i think Ireland will get over the line

Ireland's adventure in this World Cup will end on Saturday October 14, 2023.
The All-Black will not make the same mistakes as South Africa.
The only chance for Ireland to reach the semi-final is for Wayne Barnes to be the central referee and the two linesmen to be Chris Busby, Joy Neville and the video consultants to be Irish native Brian MacNeice.
I am never wrong in my predictions. :cool:

The only chance for Ireland to reach the semi-final is for Wayne Barnes to be the central referee and the two linesmen to be Chris Busby, Joy Neville and the video consultants to be Irish native Brian MacNeice.

All Blacks have Joe Schmidt who obviously know the Irish players really well. However, they also have Ian Foster, and they had runaway games the last few weeks. Not good.

I predict an Ireland win, maybe close win.

Mystic Muff tells ye how it is.

Will be nip and tuck for first 60mins. NZ will have a lead at ht but then a huge momentum swing around 55-60mins and Ireland grind it out for a win by maybe 8ish.

My view is foggy but I don't rule out 4 tries.

Should be tough. It's a rare case when I like both teams.
I want Ireland to win, but my intuition slightly hints that the winner will be NZ.
Me too, the choice is difficult however, I think that Ireland has all the capacity to win this match because we don't forget that Ireland is the first place Worldwide.
But I we can see that, the New Zealand has progressed since the beginning of the competition.
And finally, it is so complicated to give a winner for this match.

Joy Neville seems the one TMO who still calls up for any thing and every thing. Which ever games gets her as TMO i have no doubt it will have a bearing on the result.

Barnes confirmed as ref that will cheer the All Blacks fans up.

Last edited:
Peter O'Mahony is the most nasty player in international rugby. What he said to Duhan van der Merwe last game, "You are not good enough to be a Springbok" and what he said to Sam Cane last year: "You are a shitt* Richie McCaw"

The lad is a bonehead, he doesn't represent the true values of this sport

Funnily they have 4 Kiwis and 2 Aussies in their team. Say to Bundee Aki or James Lowe that they weren't good enough to play for NZ

Peter O'Mahony is the most nasty player in international rugby. What he said to Duhan van der Merwe last game, "You are not good enough to be a Springbok" and what he said to Sam Cane last year: "You are a shitt* Richie McCaw"

Funnily they have 4 Kiwis and 2 Aussies in their team. Say to Bundee Aki or James Lowe that they weren't good enough to play for NZ

I just see a man who speaks the truth tbh

NZ were so far off our level in their first game that it's hard to see them get to the level they need to be if we impose our game on them. If we're down both our wings I'll get very worried but it sounds like Lowe will be fine. NZ will absolutely try to expose Earls, he's a bad man on man defender at this point in his career but that's easier said than done against this defence.

I reckon it'll be closer than any of the three games last year and I think we edge it. Saying that I won't be shocked if they have a purple patch at the start of either half and win it. That's kind of been their MO for getting wins this year.

Everytime I go on social media I see videos of Ireland fans celebrating and singing Zombie. Is there a danger that Ireland, or at least their fans, think they have already won this world cup?

I'd kill to have O'Mahony in the England team. Exactly what we need.

Very good player who just oozes 'don't mess with me or my mates'. Brilliant line out jumper too, but without being so tall that it compromises his other work.

He's just nails. Always said that him and Flannery were 2 blokes I really wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.

So what if his bantz isn't down at Haskell's level?

This is hilarious. Did he also tell them they smelled bad?

I'd love for England to have someone like POM with the passion to wind up the opposition whilst also having the intelligence and control to not sell his team down the river by getting sent off. England don't tend to get the smart ones. Like, I doubt everyone would agree with this but I'm not convinced Sincklers variant of bad boy behaviour is terribly helpful. Definitely open to other views on this then....

Latest posts